login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Active Happiness[Myths byLynda Wallace]

Here are the four things very happy people do :
1. Focus on the Positive
2. Cope Effectively with the Negative
3. Develop Strong Relationships
4. Pursue Meaningful Goals

•  some common myths about happiness by Lynda Wallace
      . Myth #1 : myth-Happiness Is About Getting the Big Things Right
      It’s natural to think that if we were suddenly rich, beautiful, and living on the beach somewhere, then we’d be happy. But as it turns out, that type of good fortune has a surprisingly small impact on happiness.
      Unless we’re in truly intolerable situations, we can have a much bigger impact on our happiness by cultivating positive emotional outlooks and habits than we can by changing the “big things,” such as where we live, how we look, and how much we earn.

Myth #2 : myth-Happy People Suppress Negative Emotions
Happy people actually experience sadness, grief, worry, and other so-called negative emotions nearly as frequently as unhappy people do. The difference is what happens once those negative feelings kick in.
Happier people are generally able to experience negative feelings without losing their hope for the future. They give themselves permission to feel sad, angry, or lonely, but they remain confident that things will get better. As a result, their sadness progresses into hope and action rather than regressing into anxiety and despair.

Myth #3 : myth-Pursuing Happiness is Self-Centered
The clearest of all conclusions drawn by researchers into emotional well-being is that our happiness is determined more by our relationships with other people than by any other single factor. The happiest people have good, trusting relationships at the center of their lives.
Those relationships may be with friends, spouses, or other family members; it doesn’t much matter. What does matter is that we have people we know we can rely on for love and understanding, and who rely on us in turn.

Myth #4 : myth-I’ll be Happy When I Achieve My Goals
Have you ever worked hard to achieve a goal, sure that its achievement would make you happy forever – or at least for a very long time – then wondered why the happiness didn’t last? Or have you ever failed to achieve a long-sought goal and felt as if you’d never recover from the disappointment, only to discover before too long that the failure didn’t ruin your life after all?
Committed goal pursuit is one of the keys to a happy life. But most of the happiness we get from our goals comes while we’re making progress toward them, not after we achieve them. So it’s important that we choose goals that we’ll enjoy pursuing, and that are in sync with our most important values and priorities.

About Lynda Wallace
link was broken…and now works(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Wonderful ways to accentuate the positive flow of energy!

In response to Nancee1953's post:

Nancee always accentuated

the positive flow of energy!

Thinking & feeling of Nancee

(as many know for us in this community )

easily brings such

contentedness 

thanks Nancee for always being you 

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content