login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★The Brain and The Universe

This is interesting! I first saw this comparison in a NY Times article but I can’t find a link for it anywhere!

Neuronal Network

Self-described as an intracellular recording artist, Miller in this set shows 17 striking images of a mouse’s neuronal network. Covering different areas of the brain such as the cingulated cortex or motor cortex.

Millennium Simulation

An international group of astrophysicists … released … the first results from the largest and most realistic simulation ever of the growth of cosmic structure and the formation of galaxies and quasars.

Any thoughts on this?

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

:)

I’m not surprised. Both look beautiful and make me happy to be alive.

Focus

Amazing fractal-like images. It reminds me of a network documentary (ABC iView) and the collective unconscious theories. Everything connected by a few hubs of knowledge, everything created and everything influenced by everyone in some way.

I agree with melt. It only goes to show that we are all connected and part of this great big universe!
Our thoughts help create and shape it as do the thoughts of everyone else.

no coincedence

Great pictures! I have always thought about our world being full of repeated patterns. I believe nothing is random – except my thoughts:)

This makes me think of the similarities of the incredibly large like galaxies and the universe and the incredibly small like cells and atoms. It also brings to mind ideas that we can’t comprehend like the infinity. To me, the idea of something being infinitely small is even harder to grapple with than something being infinitely large.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Other Cool Brain Sites

Your Brain From Top To Bottom

Deleted other 2 non working links 

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

“What The Bleep”“”“ lol’‘
Urban Yogi”

Rama Dass
Teacher of Power Meditation

It’s all there. Think of an asymptote – a number that approaches zero forever. Infinite smallness. So there’s infinite bigness too. It’s a continuum. What’s in the stones is in the trees is in our bodies is in the sun….

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content