login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Great Things To Ask or Say....to yourself

Every once in awhile, I hear or remember something that makes a huge difference in my perspective. For today it was:
-What’s great about what is happening?

I have a lot going on, and if not careful, I could easily forget my reasons for working so hard, and just caught up in the details of “matters”.

When I ask what’s great about it, I look at my life with passion, gratitude and opportunity, no matter what it is.

What are you saying or asking yourself that makes a profound difference in your perspective?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie’s post:
Dear Laurie,
-What’s great about what is happening? is a very important question to ask at every cross road one encounters during the day to day life.
it helps you to get real with ur emotions and see ur goals clearly.
There are times when I am very upset over little issues like my househelp not informing me about certain refills required in the kitchen ladar or other such issues. I started to get really upset over these and other issues related to my family…but slowly somebody introduced to me the concept of – just sitting for a minute and asking myself ‘Is this really so important? Is my relationship with this person at stake on this issue? Is this harming my life in the long run?’ and if my answers to these were no then I should let the matter be.
So at times I am applying this in my life and it helps to improve my quality of relationships in the long run. Surely there are times when my anger takes over and all logic fails….
Thanks for all the wonderful threads u start.

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

In response to SONIA’s post:
Hi Sonia (smiles). Yes, perspective is so important. Without perspective, being bombarded by the world’s ideas of what makes you enough, or happy can poke holes in your good feelings all day long, and progressively to the point of wondering- what’s it all for? How utterly sad!

Life is as wonderful as you call it. So call it something wonderful! Create it into something beautiful. And always remember whereever you are, is right where you’re supposed to be, and all else just keeps getting better and better.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie’s post:
I love that! I continously have to remind myself that where I am is where I am supposed to be and since adopting that attitude, things remarkably ARE getting better and better.
Amen to that!
I am becoming happier with my here and now the more I think about it. The more grateful I am, the more possibilities I see and the more beauty I see also. Its just like you said – poking holes in the good feelings is focussing on ‘lack’ which IS utterly sad! Nurture the goodness in life I say….and watch it GROW!

A full and thankful heart..

In response to anoushka_f’s post:
I like that Nurture the Goodness and watch it grow.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I’m noticing (more and more) with our complex selves, in order to keep it simple it’s necessary to keep in mind we are made up of all of the years that brought us today. When having dialogue with yourself (which is all of the time) to speak to yourself like a class of many of all ages and experiences (because that is you).

You’ve been many places, done many things, and been many things to many people. When you want to talk to your best self, someone is listening, because your best self is always in there somewhere. If you want to speak to a weak, hurt child->I’m sure you can find them too. Though always (in my opinion) speak with love and encouragement so every part of you is lifted and believes that life is what you make it, you can do it, and it’s just a choice.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

You know, my husband and I make a point to nurture the child inside of us. We make plans as a family to fulfill the child inside of ourselves. It helps to integrate when we have the reality of the “big kid” world to deal with. We find that the child inside of us is quite creative and inquisitive. Those are very important qualities to bring forth in adult life. Plus, children are very open minded and love everyone in an innocent, naive manner. Sometimes when certain people get me a little upset, I like to think in the manner a child would. Usually my blood pressure reduces and I can walk away from the situation in a better position.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

When things seem to be going out of control and I need to collect all my energies to keep the balance, in such situations, I always pray to God and say that “Lord I know that u r doing teh best for me and this person. I accept ur divinity and am happy to be a part of it. If this is ur will then it is my wish too.”
Without fail it calms me down. At least at that moment I am in control and later when away from the scene I analyse and seek my answers without getting judgemental, aggressive, hurt and vulnerable.

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

In response to SONIA’s post:
This is great advice for me at the moment. Really hit the spot! I shall use your prayer in my day. I am going to write it down now. Thankyou for sharing this. I have had a bad start to the morning. Argued with my loved one. But I am safe from harm now as I have handed the situation over to God. As you quite rightly said this ‘handing over ritual’ takes us out of the situation, calms us – I am in no danger of becoming judgemental, aggressive, hurt or vunerable now.

“ I know you presented this issue to me for my own good and for the good of my partner and I ACCEPT the situation as it is, knowing it will resolve itself harmoniously…”

A full and thankful heart..

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content