login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH

THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH

Many years ago i came across some writings by Emmet Fox, the man gave an interpretation of this phrase that made a huge impression on me. Heres how i recall what Emmet said:

Emmet explained that, back in the time that the bible was being translated into English, the word ‘meek’ meant ‘humble’ and especially had to do with ‘humility’ and the essence of ‘humility’ was having the mindset of someone who did’nt believe they knew it all. Being humble meant being someone who was open minded, open to learning new things and new idea’s.

So, Emmet says what this really means is, the person who is humble, who has humility, the person who is opened minded and willing to learn something new, shall inherit the earth.

He went on to mention the idea of a person being ‘meek’ as ‘moses’ which was, it seems, a common phrase at the time. As he said, the bible certainly does not make Moses out to be a timid person, but instead, to be one of the bible’s great leaders. And if you understand it to mean that Moses was a person with humility or a mind open to learn new things, it makes sense.

Well, that, for me, was a profound interpretation. It made perfect sense to me. It changed me.

Just thought i’d share it here to see what others here might think.

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Thank you Robert for posting this…

I am grateful…

I was doing a little reading last weekend, and all week long, I’ve walked with the thought of meekness and quiet soul, and I carried this thought as if it were “a pebble in my shoe”.

Then, I read about contentment. And, what I am present to is that we can have conceptual awareness of scripture and hopefully we can develop beyond having a concept to having an experience.

Back to your thread, the meek shall inherit the earth, and add Godliness with contentment is of great gain. (1 Timothy 6:6).

I love what reading scripture gives to my life… I love learning and growing, and it helps me to curb my outer more materialistic nature, which causes me to loose sight of what is really most valuable to me.

Contentment is only possible in a meek and quiet soul…

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

Those who are meek have an inheritance here in this life:
They are truly satisfied. They are content.

The meek is not a human mouse afflicted with a sense of his inferiority. He may be bold as a lion or as strong as Sampson, but he has stopped being fooled about himself.
He has accepted God’s estimation of his own life.
He knows he is as weak and helpless as God declared him to be, but paradoxically,
he knows at the same time that he is in the sight of God, of more importance than Angels.

In himself, nothing; in God, everything.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

6300244883_47e63e1df1.jpg

I Am living a Divine plan

I Am living a Divine plan

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content