login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Food Combining

Hello everyone affirmations and a good healthy way of eating contributes to a happier healthy life. May you all be blessed with health and happiness.

FOOD COMBINING

PROTEIN AND STARCH Eat concentrated proteins such as meat, fish, eggs and cheese separately from concentrated starches such as bread, potatoes and rice. For example, eat toast or eggs for breakfast, the hamburger patty or the bun for lunch, meat or potatoes for dinner.

PROTEIN AND PROTEIN Eat only one major type of protein at a single meal. Avoid combinations such as meat and eggs, meat and milk, fish and cheese. Insure the assimilation of the full range of vital amino acids by varying the types of concentrated proteins taken at different meals.

ACIDS AND STARCH Eat acids and starches at separate meals. For example, if you eat toast or cereal for breakfast (starches), skip the orange juice (acid) as well as the eggs (concentrated protein). If you’re eating a starch-based meal of noodles or rice, avoid vinegar as well as concentrated protein (meat, chicken).

ACID AND PROTEIN Avoid combining concentrated proteins and acids at the same meal.

STARCH AND SUGAR Eat starches and sugars separately.

MELONS Eat melons alone or leave them alone.

DESSERTS Avoid sweet starchy desserts, as well as fruits, after large meals of protein or carbohydrates.

DAIRY Eliminate pasteurized and homogenized milk entirely from your diet. If raw certified milk is available consume it as a whole food in itself, not in combination with other foods.

SUMMARY “Correctly combining foods makes all the difference in the world to proper digestion and metabolism.
Without complete digestion, the nutrients in even the most wholesome food cannot be fully extracted and assimilated by the body. Moreover, incomplete digestion and inefficient metabolism are the prime causes of fat and cholesterol accumulation in the body. A low calorie diet of overcooked, processed and improperly combined foods will still make you fat and leave sticky deposits in your arteries, just as the wrong mix of fuels will leave carbon deposits on the spark plugs of an engine, clog the pistons, and create foul gaseous exhaust.

• I am well, I am whole, and I am strong and healthy.

Peace,
Mary

Here is a link I posted once regarding food combining charts for a visual
. Thought you might like to keep it in the same thread(:

While I believe this has a lot of value, and used to practice it as a lifestyle, I now only do it, with some things. For example melon is a fruit you’re to eat alone, not even with other fruits; I seem to value this rule a lot! I eat very few sandwiches because this food method tauts not to mix carbs with proteins, unless I load it with vegetables. Though today, I’m not opposed to a tuna sandwich (smiles).

I started with the books by the Diamonds entitled Fit For Life (a popular couple in the 80’s), and a book called the Hay System.
For anyone interested, here is an excerpt from the Diamonds’ book

While Fit For Life was considered a food-fad, I did quite well. I had put on about 9 lbs, which is a lot for my small stature. I took it off easily with the ‘diet’, and didn’t care about the controversy.

I’m sure if my body became real overweight, or I felt lousy I’d attempt it with more dedication. Today, I simply give myself kudos for choosing foods that are nutritious; mostly organic and getting my vitamins in my meals not supplements. I listen to my body a lot. When it grumbles, I change easily.

Though, I do feel food combining ideas have merit, and sometimes more useful in life in chosen periods of life rather than others. I guess the best way to figure out if it is helpful is to try it for awhile. You definitely won’t starve on this diet, though you will do things very different.

I do want to thank you for posting it, because I may want to incorporate a bit more than I do. Who knows, maybe I can feel even better(:

My biggest ‘issue’ these days, is ‘building my world around my workouts’-even more, like I did a 2-3 years ago; routines I thought would never change. it was a gradual thing, but it did for excuses I would never accept today. When I view myself as a body builder, my choices end up so healthy.
I will give this food combining regimine thought today to see if a possible reassess of my meal-planning is in order.Thanks, Mary

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Your very welcome Laurie. I started to reasses myself and realised I hadn’t been doing anything really focused on eating healthier although I do eat mostly organic. It’s just the way I prepare my meals that has me thinking. Today I received an email on how to make a chocolate cake in a cup in 5 minutes using the microwave. That’s dangerous for me! Yummy!!

Peace,
Mary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content