login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Question: HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH THE EGO

As far as i know, i DONT.

I’m looking at myself now, and i dont see myself focused on ‘ego’ (i recall i use to wonder about ego though)

Nowadays my main focus is: HOW AM I FEELING?

To me, this is the MOST important thing.

Of course, i have the same concerns as most people. It seems i need to eat, or sleep, ect. But to me, the important question for me, throughout the day…No matter what it is i am dealing with…Is, How am i feeling?

To me, the most important thing i can do for myself (and consequently for others too) is, uplift my feelings, or improve my feelings, or let go of my poor feelings (which of course, is to get myself to feeling better)

So, it seems to me, i don’t usually think in terms of, is this ‘thought’ my ego talking, or is this ‘thought’ the real me?

Instead, i tend to ask myself ‘ is this thought allowing me or causing me to feel some good or wonderful feeling? Or, Is it preventing me from experiencing some good or wonderful feeling?

This pretty much simplifies my life.

It seems to me, i really only have this ‘work’ (or play or contemplation) to do. It determines my experience of whatever i am doing. The rest, it seems to me, will take care of itself.

Or, as ABRAHAM HICKS puts it:

THERE IS NOT ANYTHING THAT ANY OF YOU WANT…WHETHER IT’S A MATERIAL OBJECT, A STATE OF BEING, A RELATIONSHIP, A CIRCUMSTANCE OR EVENT…THERES NOTHING THAT YOU HAVE EVER WANTED OR ANYBODY YOU’VE EVER KNOWN HAS EVER WANTED…THAT IS FOR ANY OTHER REASON THAN YOU THINK YOU WILL FEEL BETTER IN THE HAVING OF IT…AND WHEN YOU SHOW YOURSELF THAT YOU CAN FEEL BETTER JUST BECAUSE YOU’VE DECIDED THAT YOU WANT TO FEEL BETTER AND THAT YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CHOOSE A THOUGHT THAT FEELS BETTER NOW, YOUR ON YOU’RE WAY. AND THERES NOWHERE THAT YOU CANNOT GO ALONG THIS EMOTIONAL SCALE. AND WHEN YOU MAKE IT UP THERE INTO THE CONSISTENT RANGE OF FEELING PRETTY DARN WONDERFUL, THEN WONDERFUL THINGS BECOME THE BASIS OF YOUR EXPERIENCE

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

I really enjoyed reading your post. I know my posting won’t be very popular with anyone who isn’t comfortable with Abe related-quotes…Though much merit here, and I thank you.

In my view…in regard to where you say the focus is placed is very important. Because if your focus is on continuing on a positive path which leads to what has been productive & working for you/melded with asking viable questions [for example: how you’re feeling] that’s indeed significant.

Many of us have made the acquaintance with someone along the way…who seems to have big egos and low self esteem. They seem to not be asking the important questions…or can’t. I like how you qualified this thread, and made this statement that -> the most important thing I can do for myself (and consequently for others too) is, uplift my feelings, or improve my feelings, or let go of my poor feelings (which of course, is to get myself to feeling better)

[from personal experience and others I’ve known] -> the busier one gets…the more important it is to be informed with how you are. Without being in touch and offering up the good stuff …it can easily lead to burnt-out. If one does a multitude of high priority tasks without checking in with themselves and mindlessly ‘succeeds’ …sooner or later the value of it all will become diminished due to the prize ..being outside of themselves. The question is why are we really doing all we do? Why do we care how we feel? When we are in tune with these answers… we’re less likely to be (emotionally) pulled in different directions …and just lovingly and wonderfully doing the next right thing…That’s my take…for what its worth. And yes, I know we all define and ‘go after’ success differently…

Thanks again for sharing. Appreciating˚

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content