login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★˚A Joyful Life Supports Good Health {& other related articles & threads}

d18d786cfb7aa6b84735c69a62867128.jpgde990938f937858c73417f58864e75d3--priorities-quotes-quote-travel.jpg

19f4dc288378a1d7b229f28043b0a52b.jpg

bb37caeb735f609484ab4b296928dcf2--positive-vibes-positive-thoughts.jpg

9841d2f67286d1fd584afcd17232c229--positive-affirmations.jpg

3acf99193cac94011318ecdf23aff643--think-positive-positive-thoughts.jpg

A Joyful Life Supports Good Health article

We all have the capacity to live a life that is filled with joy. This is the feeling of being truly happy with what you have and the world around you.
5 Ways to Add More Joy to Your Life to read article in full

• ~
    about the author
    Dr. Cynthia Thaik is a Harvard-trained, board-certified cardiologist, specializing in women’s health, cardiovascular health and congestive heart failure. She is the founder of Revitalize-U, A New Body Image, a wellness center focused on health, nutrition, weight loss and detoxification. The author of Your Vibrant Heart: Restoring Health, Strength & Spirit from the Body’s Core ( 2014), she is also a former co-director of the Women’s Cardiac Risk Screening Program at Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center and Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine.

As a practicing Buddhist, Dr. Thaik believes in being centered and present in each moment. She teaches that each individual has the amazing potential to heal ailments through mindfulness. On a mission to shift the medical paradigm from crisis management to wellness, Dr. Thaik has helped thousands of patients take purposeful actions to transform their health through the way they think, feel and act. A strong believer in personal responsibility, Dr. Cynthia doesn’t just prescribe these practices to her patients; she incorporates these practices in her daily family life. She lives in the Los Angeles area with her husband and three children.

Happiness is a collective – not just individual – phenomenon Harvard Medical School Office of Public AffairsRELEVANCE:
This is the first study to demonstrate the indirect spread of happiness, showing that one person’s emotional state can be affected by someone he doesn’t directly know. Previous research has shown that certain behavior-based phenomena such as obesity and smoking cessation spread through networks like a social contagion, but this is the first to demonstrate that emotions can as well. This research adds further proof to the idea that because we are all interconnected in social networks, our health is interconnected.

•