login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Mindful Compassion[one's own timing in life]

5655dcc6912e7dba8780fbde177ec3b7--inner-child-healing-louise-hay-affirmations.jpg

thread from 2015... lets bring it current(:

article~ Name What Is Enough
articleLife Organizer-New Way To Flow With Time

Quote Follow the timing of your human life. Sally Kempton tells the story of two radical callings in her life, and both times, she took the time she needed to make the changes she was called to make. You are living in a human body with human limits and needs. Proceed accordingly. (Note: your journey may be metaphorical, completely internal, quietly subtle and it is no less sheroic. You define what all of this looks like. Always.) ★ღ✰˚ ✰Jennifer Louden

Quote Notice what happens when you live by what you are devoted to. Where does your devotion intersect with what you desire? Jennifer Louden

_Every time you make a casual promise to yourself — without checking in first to see if you actually want to and are able to keep this promise — you erode your trust in yourself Jennifer Louden

related threads in process
Sacred Self Care thread
Insights Into Feeling Connected thread
Truly Love Oneself [today I call this maturity] thread
intro highlight

•  pic/quote

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

• Enoughness-Jennifer Louden thread ~excerpts & links below are from a busier thread soon to be edited a bit/or totally revised…~ Conditions of Enoughness quiet the Hounds and sustain you in consistent, mindful action.

►•►•►•►•►•►•►•►•
►•►•►•►•►•►•►•►•
Jennifer Louden articleLife Organizer New Way to Flow With Time article
So, you’ve made lists, prioritized your goals, prioritized your lists, and listed your goals. You’ve scheduled, compartmentalized, and tried to keep everything in its own little, neat box on the calendar. But despite all your color-coding and scheduling, “life” doesn’t always work.

The issue is that life isn’t something to get “done,” to check off a list. Life – especially as we have learned to live it in the past decade — has become much more fluid and complex. And, to be blunt, little in life gets done – nor should it.

Do you feel a pull to be present, to embrace what is and even to live like the poet Rilke: “Let what I do flow from me like a river/No forcing and no holding back?” If so, that means the old time management tools won’t work. In fact, the more traditional approaches to managing your life and structuring your days can hog-tie you, forcing you to relinquish the skills you most need in today’s world – like intuition, emotional intelligence, creativity, and big-picture thinking to read more article
1. Connect: Move your body – breathe deeper, stretch your arms overhead, step outside and feel the breeze on your skin- anything that connects you with your life energy.

2. Feel: Tune into your heart, which can give you information your head can’t. Simply put your attention on your heart, perhaps by placing your hand there. Recall a time in which you felt loved and appreciated or loving and appreciative toward someone else. Linger there for a few seconds.

3. Inquire: Ask a mindful question. This opens up possibilities you literally couldn’t see before. My favorite mindful question: What do I need to know right now? (What if you really didn’t need to know more than the next immediate step?)

What do I want? (This is one of the most liberating questions — and one of the scariest. Remind yourself that you don’t have to act on what you want, that wanting doesn’t mean getting, and that the ultimate in creativity is being in touch with your undiluted desires.)

What don’t I want? (Sometimes using the process of elimination can be a less intimidating way to inch forward than naming your desires outright. Desire and yearning are powerful forces!)

How can I be gentle with myself in this situation? (We can all benefit from asking this many times a day)

4. Allow: To allow is simply trusting that, by connecting, feeling, and inquiring, you will hear or see or feel or sense what your next step is—and only your next step.. Allowing is not about belief: it’s about noticing your experience, and opening to your next step, allowing love, allowing inspiration, allowing knowing to come into your body and heart, to inform and direct you.

5. Apply: Action is how you taste the fruit of this path and where the practical and results-oriented parts of you get their due. Without action, without decision, you remain in possibility, which is safe and beautiful but eventually enervating and boring. That doesn’t mean eating the whole elephant in one bite; small steps aren’t just okay; they’re encouraged. Taking small actions of trust builds your “trust muscles.”

Every time you make a casual promise to yourself — without checking in first to see if you actually want to and are able to keep this promise — you erode your trust in yourself
Jennifer Louden
►•►•►•►•►•►•►•►•
►•►•►•►•►•►•►•►•

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷName what is enough in simple facts.Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

In a nutshell, COE’s [conditions of enoughness] are using four simple steps to create a boundary or container around anything in your life (and I mean anything – parenting, finding a partner, writing a book, doing the yard work) that you want to shape and build.

The four steps are:

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ 1. Name what is enough in simple facts.

What you will actually do next. Measurable. Factual, no aspirations. “I will write new material on my project. I will start and finish an exercise video. I will write one section of my Match.com profile.”

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ 2. Include a time element.

For how long…
How often…
By when….

Name a boundary so you know when you are finished, not the big finish, but each step. “I will write new material for 30 minutes.” “I will write one section of my Match.com profile by Friday at 5 pm.”

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ 3. Ensure they’re dependent on ONLY YOU on an AVERAGE day. Not a superhuman day.

The quickest way to experience enoughness? Stop making an aspirational to-do list that you never complete. Stop expecting a day in which you are someone you aren’t. Start planning for average, a day in which you have to take the car in because it has a flat, a day in which you sleep in and forget to meditate, a day in which you get brain fuzzed at 3 pm: a day of reality.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ 4. Declare you are satisfied when your conditions are met—even if you don’t feel satisfied.

Everybody likes to skip this step. They feel stupid, especially saying it out loud (super powerful). But this is where we stop to notice, and very briefly celebrate, what we did. Research shows this is what allows us to build and sustain our momentum. So don’t skip it.
Building Your Truer Life-4 Steps

last edited July 19,2015

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Awesome thread, thank you for sharing. I am in “sponge mode” absorbing it all into my being.

Excellent thread!

Thank you Appreciating!

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

In response to Kathi’s post:
In response to Nancee1953’s post:

thank you for dropping by and… of the adding of your kind comments

• ~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content