login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Affirmations For Weight Loss

Question: I see that there is a category for weight loss affirmations. I found this website from a patient in an eating disorders treatment program specifically designed for those of suffering from either anorexia or bulimia but also treats patients who are compulsive overeaters requiring weight loss.

My question is how appropriate would it be to post positive affirmations regarding weight gain especially for the suffers of the fear of weight gain type disorders and will go to all costs to reduce weight and of course here I am generally speaking of anorexia and bulimia and bulimiarexia.

My Response: it would be appropriate to put affirmations regarding weight gain on bmindful, but a suggestion is that you use affirmations that can work with both overweight and underweight people.

I maintain a healthy weight
I eat healthy and nutritious foods
I am fit and healthy
Every day I get closer to my ideal weight

These are a few I have come up with, they may or may not be on the web site, feel free to add them if they are not. There may be more specific affirmations that are more appropriate for your patients to use, if that is the case feel free to add them to bmindful. Not all of the affirmations on there are suitable for everyone, but at least they are there if people need them.

This post was converted automatically from the old bmindful article archive. Some of the mentioned links or references may no longer exist.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

I like the healthy and fit affirmations. Let’s use this thread to continue on for this subject(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I found this prayer treatment for losing weight using affirmations and thought you might enjoy it. I have used it and it works. Written by Gina Bowles, Los Angeles, published in Woman’s World 9-4-2007

Lose Weight-Repeat Each Meal

“I give thanks for this opportunity to nourish myself and
to make choices that will restore my body to its leanest
and healthiest state.
I now know that I am free to choose my food and portion sizes, and
that this freedom gives me power to create healthy new habits.
I have left bad habits in the past and I am free.
I am in total control.
I am confident in my ability to choose the best foods and mealtimes
for me.
I let go of past patterns easily.
I embrace and enjoy my new choices.
I am strong and powerful.
I am lighter and happier.
Simply repeating these words has already set my subconscious in
action to make me effortlessly lean and healthy.
I am on my way.”

Attitude Life Coach, helping others to see the Power of a Positive Attitude with Affirmations and Gratitudes, Learn to be The Creator of Your Life.

Oh yes I do like Rockswealth :-) Thankyou so much for sharing!

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

In response to rockswealth’s post:
That’s a nice way to put it. I am sure many of us can make use of it. Actually weight lose is never a matter of a few day’s effort it is a matter of life style change. For me the best affirmation is : ‘I am blessed with the will power to eat what is best for my health and all that I eat is used immediately by my body for its day-to-day functioning and repairs.’

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content