login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Ridding Yourself Of Negative Thoughts

Question: Is there anyway I can get rid of negative thoughts from my life? When I am saying positive affirmation negatives interferes and its hard to get rid of them. I am trying to think positively but only negative thoughts come into my mind. I want to live abetter life from today. All my life I was thinking negatively and because of that I am suffering from health problems, stress and anxiety. I didn’t know that negatives would affect my life or how powerful the mind is.

My Response: You should never discount a negative thought, they are as useful as positive thoughts, because it allows you insight into your shadow – your deepest, darkest thoughts and emotions. This is an exciting thing! From here, you can learn where you need to concentrate your efforts and spend the most time working on yourself.

When you get a negative thought, accept it, learn the lesson from it, then dismiss it. Do not dwell on it, instead, turn it into a positive affirmation and use it to propel yourself forward into positivity. Dwelling on a negative thought will generate more negative thoughts, you will snowball downwards which is never a good thing.

I am impressed with your determination. You need to keep the ‘better life from today’ mentality that you mentioned in your email. If you experience a set back, just think – Starting now, my life is going to get better. I give you permission to dismiss any mistake you make, and start a fresh, using your new found knowledge to help you along.

This post was converted automatically from the old bmindful article archive. Some of the mentioned links or references may no longer exist.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

This is great reinforcement for remembering everything has a purpose.

One of my favorite lines from David Allen (Getting Things Done) is you need not think of something more than 1x unless you love it!

If you find something isn’t working for you, and it continues to take up space in your mind, it’s time to start over and give it closure.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Lee and Laurie thank you both for these helpfull words ,love flowergirl

Thank you for both of these I would like to turn them into affirmations on my profile so I can repeatedly come back to them. ~If you find something isn’t working for you, and it continues to take up space in your mind, it’s time to start over and give it closure. ~

&

~you need not think of something more than 1x unless you love it! ~

Both of these make me think of times and things which I would not allow my mind to let go of , none of which added value to my life. We do need closure before we can start over. The first step in finding closure is forgiveness. Not only forgiving others but most importantly forgiving ourselves.

I agree being self critical is a bad habit and I used to do that
quite a bit years ago.
Until a friend brought it to my attention.

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

Looks like interesting reading

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjtW0Gsm9xJL2MpEU4oP-47zG8q92ODoKjunCuggzfr71glKD7

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

c388593ed1be0ddcc8af27d7d506d649.jpgb5c070585e8f0bdda57ec2a82fd87b67.jpg

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content