login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Time

One of my favorite songs is ‘Time’ by Pink Floyd. I like it so much that I made myself a desktop wallpaper with the lyrics plastered all over it, as with most Pink Floyd songs it contains a powerful message and one that I thought I understood well.

I say thought, because last night I had dinner with a good friend who is off for twelve months overseas. His plane took off as I started writing this article. After the dinner, I came home thinking that it seems like it was only yesterday when he asked me if I thought he should delay his trip for six months. That was over six months ago.

I was a little mellow when he left after dinner. I will miss his company, but that wasn’t why I was mellow, I will see him soon enough and he will have the time of his life. I was mellow because six months has passed since that night I remember so clearly and I think about how far I have come in the last six months.

There are plenty of things I have got to show for the last six months of my life, but because I find myself a little mellow I have to think that I haven’t been as productive as I could have been just recently. If I did everything I could have and got this far, I would be happy knowing that I had done my best. But as it is, I feel like I have done exactly what the boys of Pink Floyd warned about.

As a result of this, I have added the following affirmation to my list ‘I will make effective use of my time today’ – this affirmation can be found on bmindful, filed under ‘proactive’ and ‘success’ tags. I will also take more notice of the big sign to the right of my computer that says ‘ Don’t be busy – Be Effective’, Unfortunately I know all about being busy, and this has to change.

Thinking about this some more, it seems that I have had plenty of warning. Just the other day my partner came home from work where a friend of hers was a little upset. She had just come from the funeral of a 49 year old lady that was no longer with us because of complications with cancer. She left the funeral thinking she was ‘wasting her time studying and working’ when she could be out ‘living life’. I remember thinking that although that wasn’t the best way to put it, there was definitely something in it.

Another ‘warning sign’ was our routine. I work from home most days, and my partner usually starts work late. Because of this, we hit the snooze button far too often and it became routine to not wake up until after eight am! This means that it isn’t until after nine that we began to be productive, and then we spend the rest of the day ‘catching up’. This kind of behavior is against many successful peoples best advice, and I have even told people before that they should wake up early.

Well, waking up early is the new routine, and instead of ‘catching up’ we spend the first few hours of the day ‘getting a head start’ this way we can finish earlier, and sleep better knowing we have put in a decent days work.

This article has been all over the place, but it definitely needed to be written. Probably more for myself than anyone else, but if it helps just one other person it was worth putting up on bmindful. The crux of it is this, if you’re productive you will get further, have less regrets, feel better about yourself and be far more fulfilled.

This post was converted automatically from the old bmindful article archive. Some of the mentioned links or references may no longer exist.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

In response to Lee Nutter’s post:
Well said Lee!
There have been many a Sunday evening that I’ve found myself thinking that I wish I would have made better use of my time – whether that meant spending more quality time with my wife and daughter, or getting more done around the house or yard…
I suspect that has a lot to do with why so many people hate Mondays or get the Monday morning blues.
I’m putting your affirmation on my list!

Good thread!

Coming back to reread and share

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=JwYX52BP2Sk&list=RDAMVMJwYX52BP2Sk 

• I tackle my to-do list with ease.
  • Motivation comes easy to me.
  • I find it easy to work productively at all times and in any situation.
  • Being effective and productive is just my normal way of life.
  • I am an action taker.
  • Crossing items off my to-do list motivates me to be more productive.
  • I never feel overworked because of my productivity skills.
  • I am a productive person.
  • I always take action.
  • Being productive comes completely naturally to me at all times
  • I take charge and get things done.
  • I am good at scheduling my work.
  • I can transform obstacles into opportunities to better myself.
  • I always stay focused to remain productive.
  • I always get incredible results.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBsgNQQNbsETBSqX-C-kOmgelEjUzwz6outm_mcSlO2DYXCpzKJA&s

thread-★new★★Allowing Ease & More Fun In Your IntentEMPtWiVWwAIAYw2.png

☑→ →     Today …With the energy of ease and peaceful Divine trust, I live the life I love fearlessly…the best life I envision or something magnificently better!

• ———-> ☑ I am appreciative for the capability of thinking clearly and prioritizing with such perfect clarity.
    • ☑I  get to choose my limitations. ☑ My energy and abilities always  exceed any task. ☑I approve of myself , my life and high vibrationally soul-felt goals.☑→ I Am renewed energy and completely able to sustain an awesome attitude and a creative solution flow

Today I am enjoying each precious new moment... and feeling so blessed for feeling peaceful, grounded, and readiness for the action I have wanted to implement ...

Today I am so rested, enjoying real wonderful chats with loved ones.

Today I am looking forward to continuing on with my hearts rhythm of life,love & productivity.

Even now, I Am free! I Am free of cares as I once referred to them.Related image

I feel more alert, more refreshed, more calm,complete,focused,strong and healthy.

→   Phenomenal way to begin most days is to just ease into it by experiencing things I love!  →   I move to the rhythm of my perfect timing. Life is so good, just as I intended!  →   I love decluttering my life because I Am the ALIGNMENT with my highest values.  →   I Am refreshed as I feel the ease of everything I do.  →   I CONTINUE TO EFFORTLESSLY ATTRACT EVERYTHING WONDERFUL FOR HAPPINESS, HEALTHY-LIFE, AND WHOLENESS.  →   You can do everything you need to do easily in a step by step manner everyday. You create a harmonious place to begin and you love the energy you bring to everything you do.  →   I love how everything I need and love comes to me so easily  →   Everything I do, need, and desire has the energy of ease, peace and joy.  →   Even when my life feels like so much to sort , I feel the ease and ease into everything with delight and Divine Perfect organizational skills. It is going to be a great day and a great life.  →   Wow! I am loving the flow, ease and joy of everything I do today!  →   Everything I need is here for me right now.  →   I find it easy to focus my mind and visualize the achievement of my goals.  →   I am excited to wake up and begin the day.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content