login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★article˚How To Be Healthy [S.K.King]

Hawaiian Culture
How To Be Healthy

excerpt

How do we know when we are doing something too much? The answer is so simple it is easy to overlook. When you do anything too much you feel unhappy. It is the best and most accurate feedback system that could ever be devised.

Now at first you might be tempted to think that the natural solution would be to increase happiness, but that isn’t so. If unhappiness is feedback, then so is happiness. Forcing happiness into the system will provide a very temporary feelgood state at best, and pa’apu o loko—a repression of tension—at worst.

No, the natural solution is to relax. It does not matter what techniques or methods you use, as long as the effect is a relaxation of your physical body. When that occurs, unhappiness fades away, happiness increases, emotions stabilize, thinking gets clear, and relationships improve, because the better you feel, the better the people, animals, plants, and things around you feel.

So here a few guidelines for relaxation. Each type listed has the practical effect of relaxing your body as well as your emotions and your mind. And of course, feel free to add others or make up your own.

• ~

Physical relaxation:
slow deep breathing
drinking more water
engaging in some kind of physical movement after a period of stillness
changing your type of movement after sustained movement of a particular kind
Emotional relaxation:
count your blessings
contemplate beauty
do something enjoyable that keeps you in the present (sing, play, build, create)
to read more

• ~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

the aloa project

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

˚How To Be Healthy/article[S.K.King]’

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

not by the author above ..though health items  you may like to look at(:

Health, Healing, and Quantum Physics

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content