login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★The Official Quotations Thread

post your favorite quotes here:

“we shall not cease from exploration;
and the end of all our exploring
will be to arrive where we started;
and know the place for the first time”
T.S. Eliot

All of my favorite quotes are thought provoking rather than motivational. Here’s one that I like, I use it sometimes when talking about Libertarianism.

“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”

- Goethe

Also, from one of my favorite spoken word poets, Buddy Wakefield, in his poem “A Waste”:

“Do you have any idea how gross it feels to have to hide inside the piles of lies it takes to make you, Sweet Angel, Comfortable?”

Sends shivers down my spine. An incredibly powerful poem (and poet!)

GREAT idea for a thread.

I’m a minimalist and I’ve got my designer hat on at the moment. This is my design mantra so it’s the first thing that came to my head:

“It doesn’t matter how good an interface is, it would be be better if there was less of it.” – Alan Cooper

It doesn’t have to be taken literally (although aesthetically less is more!) but basically the best designs are those you don’t notice, because they don’t get in your way.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Just came across this quote again, and it reminded me of how much I love it:

“We are what we repeatedly do.” – Aristotle

here are two more inspiring quotes!

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not, nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not, unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not, the world is fill of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.”
~ Calvin Coolidge

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Marianne Williamson quotes

Lee – My design related one is:

“Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.”

I also like this one:

“The pendulum must swing both ways before it is bought to rest in the middle” – Single Gun Theory.

I use this one on my son, when I’m homeschooling:

“A little bit each day”

Focus

In response to freygan’s post:
Love the design quote and totally agree with it.

Reminds me of this quote, which is 100% true, although I’m not sure where it comes from:

“the man who chases two rabbits, catches none.”

Came across this one this morning again;

“Only when we cease to be afraid do we begin to live”

Which reminded me of;

“There’s nothing to fear but fear itself”

I think we can all relate to this in at least some areas of our lives. The fear of what “might happen” all to often prevents us from finding the joy in what “actually happens”.

“When you have the courage to step outside your comfort zone, life will never be the same again!”

“Whatever we think about and thank about we bring about.”
… John Demartini

I found this site because I’m trying to think about and bring about positives. My life shows I’ve been thinking about the negatives waaaay too much.

~ and ~

“No kindness, however small, is ever wasted.”
… Aesop

This is an all-time favorite. It reminds me that even tiny kindnesses we show to others (friends, family, co-workers, strangers) can really brighten a day without our ever knowing it. I know I’ve been on the receiving end of small kindnesses that really turned a dark day into more bearable. The giver will never know what a difference they made to me, either. :-)

I try to practice small acts of kindness every time I do errands or leave the house. That may be a bit of happy chit-chat with a stranger in a store, a drop-off of a bag of nutritious goodies at the local foodbank, or a “thank you for your service” to a military member or Veteran in line in front/back of me at the grocery. Sounds cheesy, but it’s really uplifting for me and hopefully it brightens someone else’s day, too.

This is one of my favourite you must of seen it Freygan. Very wise and at times we feel we are feeding both.

The Two Wolves

A Cherokee elder was teaching his grandchildren about life.

He said to them, “A fight is going on inside me… it is a terrible fight between two wolves.

One wolf represents fear, anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, hatefulness, and lies.

The other stands for joy, peace, love, hope, humbleness, kindness, friendship, generosity, faith, and truth.

This same fight is going on inside of you, and inside every other person, too.”

The children thought about it for a minute. Then one child asked his grandfather,

“Which wolf will win?”

The Cherokee elder replied…

“The one you feed.”

Love Life
Sue

Great Thread!

A few of my favorites are:

“Its none of my business what other’s think of me; What is my business, is what I think of MYSELF!” – unknown to me

“People don’t fail because they aim high and miss; the fail because they aim low and hit.” – Les Brown

“ I don’t know the key to success, but I do know that the key to failure is to try to please everyone.” – Bill Cosby

Heres another story I’d been told from a mentor of mine.

Two monks are walking through a beautiful forest when they come across a gorgeous young woman sitting down and crying next to a stream. One monk ask her, “What is wrong?”

“I must get to the other side, but I cannot swim and it is too deep for me to walk across”, She answers in tears.

The same monk says,” I’ll carry you across”, and he picks her up and all 3 cross the stream and he puts her down. She thanks him and merrily goes on her way.

The 2 monks continue their stroll along some extremely picturesque and breathtaking countryside.

Finally, after hours of walking, the other monk says to his friend, “ I can’t keep quiet anymore! I don’t believe it! You know we’re not supposed to talk to anyone! Especially beautiful women!”

“Ah, the other monk says, “I put her down hours ago… and you’re still carrying her.”

GOOD MORNING ALL!
HERE IS SOMETHING I FOUND IN MY MAIL, THE OTHER DAY, THAT I’D LIKE TO SHARE. IT’S WRITTEN BY REX BARKER, FOUNDER OF JOKE- OF- THE- DAY DOT COM
THERE IS ALWAYS AN INSPIRATIONAL MSG. ATTACHED IN HIS JOKES EMAILS.

DOUBT VS. FAITH:
Most people have doubts in life. It is to be human to challenge things and doubt. But above doubt there is faith in the Divine and that there is an ultimate reason you are here. As you read the Save One Person section below, understand that all of our cases of the week are people who have been put in exceptionally challenging and often desperate situations. Yet, regardless of background, ethnicity, religion or nationality, the one unique piece of all of these dear people is that they have faith, sometimes pronounced, sometimes hidden, and other times hidden even to themselves. But faith they have that they are being watched over from above.

Doubt sees the obstacles.

Faith sees the way.

Doubt sees the darkest night.

Faith sees the day.

Doubt dreads to take a step.

Faith soars on high.

Doubt questions “Who believes”?

Faith answers “I”.

This is Rex Barker, reminding all of us that have any doubts. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

“Well behaved women rarely make history.” —Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

This reminds me each day to stand up for what I believe in and to not stay inside the mold that other people believe I fit into. Go me!!

“Well behaved women rarely make history.”

—Laura Thatcher Ulrich

“If you have to smell it twice, it’s not clean”

Mel talking about a shirt I wanted to wear. It makes me literally laugh out loud every time I do it hahahaha.

I saw this one today….

“I would rather be ashes than dust. I would rather that my spark would burn out in a brilliant blaze than be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.” – Jack London

“When you have the courage to step outside your comfort zone, life will never be the same again!”

Revising my favorite quotes on this thread. This thread was originally created in 2008. I’m going to enjoy finding what appeals to me today.

“When I dance, I dance; when I sleep, I sleep; yes, and when I walk alone in a beautiful orchard, if my thoughts drift to far-off matters for some part of the time for some other part I lead them back again to the walk, the orchard, to the sweetness of this solitude, to myself.”
Montaigne

You leave old habits behind starting out with the thought, I release the need for this in my life. Wayne Dyer

“…If you truly want to be happy, get out of your own way! Divorce your past, marry your dreams, and then dedicate your Self to being a hole in the universe through which the Divine Spirit can work its magic…”
-Michael Nitti (from the book: The Trophy Effect)

be0a4a41e9cbd908dcc4b8651026eafd.jpg

“Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.” Eckhart Tolle512b327418cb24de14ed0e9d47676881--natural-life-uplifting-quotes.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKlci0rHi3_XMr-7LDXkYs6mcdyEpYRp0llpGJmh1l_WLW-rca

lg-stylus-2.jpg

38d32a9dde51a8fd9a480dac4862fb68--quotes-about-kissing-breathe-quotes.jpg

“Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment.” Eckhart Tolle

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLUqPHVssJeNGYl7h3cQUOz9Gz7acjAHq_vLAwKSi3-ukbe6BO6A

7550561220ceaa83d9b1b5ae4567e291--community-quotes-inspirational-thoughts.jpg

Before-you-speak-listen..jpg

I love this quote... It is a good balancing thought.

In the scheme of things we do have to know what we want and need-first or ..in the midst.

Whether we need to focus on ourselves more ... or others...this quote is a good reminder there are good things to think about to bring the joy to giving and receiving on a daily basis

20190329_friday_quote.jpg?1553276143

I Am the
Allowing Complete Unadulterated Readiness

I stumbled on a good quote this eve contributed by Sue on this site, another thread. It’s by Og Mandino from his book, “The Greatest Salesman in the World”.

How do I change?
If I feel depressed I will sing.
If I feel sad I will laugh.
If I feel ill I will double my labour.
If I feel fear I will plunge ahead.
If I feel inferior I will wear new garments.
If I feel uncertain I will raise my voice.
If I feel poverty I will think of wealth to come.
If I feel incompetent I will think of past success.
If I feel insignificant I will remember my goals.
Today I will be the master of my emotions.

I Am the

To accomplish great things,
we must not only act, but also dream
Not only plan, but also believe
(Anatole France)

What you think, you become.
(Mahatma Gandhi)

The thing you set your mind on
is the thing you ultimately become
(Nathaniel Hawthorne)

Whatever is going on in your mind
is what you are attracting
(The Secret)

Just because you didn’t have a great start doesn’t mean you can’t have a good finish.

Joyce Meyer

Came across this one today:

“Men stumble over pebbles, never over mountains” – Emilie Cady

How true!!

“The world breaks us all but some of us are stronger in the broken places” – Ernest Hemmingway

Another one
“I discovered I always have choices and sometimes it’s only a choice of attitude.”
Judith M. Knowlton

Love the Monk Story J

Love Life
Sue

SMILE for YOUR WEEK:
An Optimistic Thinking Style
By Author Unknown
There is a story of identical twins. One was a hope-filled optimist. “Everything is coming up roses!” The other was a sad and hopeless pessimist. He thought that Murphy, as in Murphy’s Law, was an optimist. The worried parents of the boys brought them to the local psychologist.
He suggested to the parents a plan to balance the twins’ personalities. “On their next birthday, put them in separate rooms to open their gifts. Give the pessimist the best toys you can afford, and give the optimist a box of manure”. The parents followed these instructions and carefully observed the results.
When they peeked in on the pessimist, they heard him complaining,
“I don’t like the color of this computer, I bet this calculator will probably break, I don’t like this game, I know someone who’s got a bigger toy car than this.”
Tiptoeing across the corridor, the parents peeked in and saw their little optimist gleefully throwing the manure up in the air. He was giggling.
“You can’t fool me! Where there’s this much manure, there’s gotta be a pony!”

Love Life
Sue

LOL I love that “twins” story, Sue! I’ve read it before, and smile every time!

This one is my email sig right now.:

“All things are connected like the blood that unites us. We did not weave the web of life, we are merely a strand in it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.”

Chief Seattle

In response to American Lady Bug’s post:
I’ve always adored this quote… thanks for making me smile by sharing it here!

On a sort of related note…

My circle sister, Lee, has a fabulous acronym for bitch… “babe in total control of herself.” That always makes me smile.

Kim

I love a good quote! Thank you all for so many wonderful ones! Here are a few of my ‘keepers’

“But pain… seems to me an insufficient reason not to embrace life.
Being dead is quite painless. Pain, like time, is going to come on regardless. Question is, what glorious moments can you win from life in addition to the pain?” — Lois McMaster Bujold, “Barrayar”, 1991

“An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.” — G. K. Chesterton

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” — Herm Albright

And my very favorite of all time:

“Tho’ much is taken, much abides;
and tho’We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,—
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.”

—Alfred, Lord Tennyson, Ulysses

I like this thread.
Here is one of the all time best!

To laugh often and much;
to win the respect of intelligent
people and the affection of children;
to earn the appreciation
of honest critics and endure the
betrayal of false friends;
to appreciate beauty;
to find the best in others;
to leave the world a bit better,
whether by a healthy child,
a garden patch or a
redeemed social condition;
to know even one life has
breathed easier
because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.

Emerson

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I don’t know who wrote this but “if you want something you’ve never had before, you’ve got to do something you’ve never done before”.

And to quote Oscar Wilde “I can resist anything but temptation”

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

I just saw this and it made me laugh:

Age is not important,
unless you’re a cheese

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

“There is no WAY to peace. Peace IS the way.” – Mahatma Gandhi

“It’s the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance. It is the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance. It is the one who won’t be taken who cannot seem to give. And the soul afraid of dying that never learns to live.”

In response to se da luz’s post:
Who wrote the above quote? I love it!

I Am the

You desire to know the art of living, my friend? It is contained in one phrase: make use of suffering.
– From Henri Frederic Amiel

When I first saw this quote, I felt drawn to it, though thought -Oh no, not a suffering quote. Whether sufferring is self imposed or brought on by something external or a combo, making use of conflict sounds like the art of creating promise in life.

I Am the

laurie, I’m not sure of the context of that quote so it’s hard to say, but on it’s own, my interpretation is that he is either saying find joy in your suffering OR without suffering there is no joy.

Or, he could be coming from the Buddhist point of view, whereby there is suffering, there is a cause of suffering, the cessation of suffering and a path to the cessation of suffering. Therefor making use of suffering is could be using it as a catalyst to find the path to the cessation of suffering?

Who know :)

I was curious about the quote se da luz posted too, so I went looking. I was surprised to find that it’s a Bette Midler quote!

Joy is the Trophy – Abraham-Hicks.
Follow Your Bliss- Joseph Campbell.

These the quotes I live by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR6okRuOLc8
From the quote above

wow just read all the quotes, great stuff, love them. laurie – in answer to your question about se da luz’s post, I think it’s from Bette Midler’s song The Ros, but don’t quote me on that.
Some of my favourite quotes are: 1) You can’t solve a problem with the same mind that created it. 2) Treat yourself as if you are already the person you would like to be. 3) Have a mind that is open to everything and attached to nothing. 4) No one can make you feel inferior without your consent, last one attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt. Other three not sure about.

If you do a good job for others, you heal yourself at the same time, because a dose of joy is a spiritual cure. It transcends all barriers.

+++++Ed Sullivan

Live your life from your heart. Share from your heart. And your story will touch and heal people’s souls.

+++++Melody Beattie

Blessings,
Bruce-
Each Day Is A New Gift From God!

I have been on a news fast for quite some time, but today decided to pick up a newspaper and go to the Business Section. My eyes fell directly onto a quote that you wouldn’t normally think to see in that part of the paper. However, it was EXACTLY what I needed to read today. I thought I would share it.

“A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of a prison for us restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”

-Albert Einstein

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I saw this on twitter this morning and thought I’d pass it along…

“The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.”~a.glasgow

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

One of my most favorite quotes is from American writer John Burroughs.

“What is mine shall know my face.”

In response to laurie’s post:
i have no idea, i just stumbled upon it in someones signature on another forum :/

“People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they are not on your road does not mean they have gotten lost.”
Jackson Browne

I Am the

Here are a couple of quotes I saw recently, which I though I would share. The first one would actually make a good affirmation!!

“Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.” — Jerry Rice, Football Player

“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The next best time is now.” — Chinese Proverb

In response to Lee Nutter’s post:
Thanks Lee, for finding the author of the quote Se Da Luz contributed
(:

I Am the

I’m gonna post a few new (old) quotes.

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ““Let me take the speck out of your eye,”“ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.” Matthew 7:3-5

“More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction. Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.” Woody Allen

“Since finding out what something is is largely a matter of discovering what it is like, the most impressive contribution to the growth of intelligibility has been made by the application of suggestive metaphors.” Jonathan Miller

Yours trulEy,
The Mad Cookieman,
Alias: Henry Hugh Arthur Fitzroy Sommerset III

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

HAPPINESS is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in HARMONY. – Mohandas Ghandi

In the CONCERT of nature it is hard to keep in TUNE with oneself if one is out of tune with everything else. – George Santayana

I go to nature to be SOOTHED and healed, and to have my senses put in tune once more. – John Burroughs

Life just is. You have to FLOW with it. Give yourself to the moment. Let it happen. – Jerry Brown

The secret of CONTENTMENT is knowing how to enjoy what you have, and to be able to lose all desire for things beyond your reach. – Lin Yutang

It is only with the HEART that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. – Antoine de Saint-Exupery

This was the simple happiness of complete harmony with her surroundings, the HAPPINESS that asks for nothing, that just accepts, just breathes, just is. – Elixabeth von Arnim

As I’m patiently waiting for my husband to return from his trip, I saw this quote today and thought I’d share it… It made me miss my hubby very, VERY much!!

“The space between your fingers was created so someone could fill it.” (author unknown)

I’m working on my vision board and here is one I’m going to put one it. Just thought I’d share it.

Until one is committed,
there is hesitancy,
the chance to draw back,
always ineffectiveness.
Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation)
there is one elementary truth,
the ignorance of which kills
countless ideas and splendid plans:
that the moment
one definitely commits oneself,
then Providence moves too.
All sorts of things occur
to help one that would never
otherwise have occurred.
A whole stream of events
issues from the decision,
raising in one’s favor all manner
of unforseen incidents and meetings
and material assistance,
which no man could have dreamed
would have come his way.
I have learned a deep respect
for one of Goethe’s couplets:

Whatever you can do,
or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius,
power and magic in it.

W.H. Murray
The Scottish Himalayan Expedition

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I like a little humor hope all of you will like these phrases.

About looking at other women:
It doesn’t matter where you get your appetite, it’s where you eat your dinner!!!

Andre Gide
One doesn’t discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.

Joe Girard
“The elevator to success is out of order. You will have to use the stairs one step at a time.”

Paul Goodman
“Just the other day I listened to a young fellow sing a very passionate song about how technology is killing us. But before he started, he bent down and plugged in his electric guitar into the wall socket.”

Helen Hays
“Age is not important unless you’re a cheese.”

Renee Descartes ‘I think therefore I am’

A full and thankful heart..

“I think I think, therefore I am, I think”.
Jeff Dumas

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

‘stressed’ spelled backwards is ‘desserts’

I love the Chinese proverb by Confuscius.

when I was a teenager my friends father use to tell us wise proverbs and sayings. Since we were kind of sassy he told us this proverb.

“It’s better to be thought of as being stupid then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.”

This is my favorite and have tried to live by it.

“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again.”

Stephen Grellet

I love the Chinese proverbs too – does anyone have a link to more.
If me and my close friends find ourselves gossiping we say “Dwelling upon your brothers faults only adds to your own”. (We learned that from popular 80’s show Monkey Magic)

Here’s one I spotted today…
“My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require” Edward Elgar

ACCEPTANCE

John Roger – “When you are in a state of nonacceptance, it’s difficult to learn. A clenched fist cannot receive a gift, and a clenched psyche grasped tightly against the reality of what must not be accepted cannot easily receive a lesson.”

William M. Peck – “The acceptance of the truth that joy and sorrow, laughter and tears are not confined to any particular time, place or people, but are universally distributed, should make us more tolerant of and more interested in the lives of others.”

The athiest falters when the Grim Reaper knocks.
Jeff Dumas

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

We are wide-eyed in contemplating the possibility that life may exist elsewhere in the universe, but we wear blinders when contemplating the possibilities of life on earth. Norman Cousins

When a man blames others for his failures,it’s a good idea to credit others with his successes.
Howard W.Newton

The price of greatness is responsibility.
Pindar 522-433 BC

I Am the

• A person’s world is only as big as their heart ~Tanya A. Moore

• Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are. ~Malcolm Forbes
  • ~

I Am the

Don’t know who said these…

• Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
  • True religion is the life we lead, not the creed we profess.

A sign at my chiropractors “My back goes out more than I do”

“I would rather die on my feet then to continue living on my knees.”

Emiliano Zapata

“Among individuals as among nations, the respect to other people’s rights is peace”

Benito Juarez

After all is said and done, more is said than done.
Aesop

Outside show is a poor substitute for inner worth.
Aesop

The level of our success is limited only by our imagination and no act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
Aesop

The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over.
Aesop

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.
Aesop

What is now proved was once only imagined – William Blake

Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

You can’t soar like an eagle if you’re running around with pigeons.

I do not know if this “quote” fits this thread, but this has a lot of meaning to me. This lady was asked to write her life story on one page…

Autobiography in Five Chapters
By Portia Nelson

Chapter I

I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in.
I am lost… I am helpless.
It isn’t my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

Chapter II

I walk down the same street.
I pretend I don’t see it.
I fall in again.
I can’t believe I’m in the same place, but it isn’t my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.

Chapter III

I see it is there.
I still fall in…it’s a habit.
My eyes are open.
I know where I am.
It is my fault.
I get out immediately.

Chapter IV

I walk around it.

Chapter V

I walk down another street.

Thanks Anne. I love the simplicity in this powerful lesson. Jan

well-known words written by an unknown Confederate soldier:

I asked for strength, that I might achieve,
I was made weak, that I might learn humility.

I asked for health, that I might do greater things.
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.

I asked for riches, that I might be happy,
I was given poverty, that I might be wise.

I asked for power, that I might have the praise of others,
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life,
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I had hoped for –
but everything I had hoped for.

Almost, despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am… most richly blessed.

I Am the

I’ve just removed this from my signature, so I’ll put it here to remind me of it.

“I beg you to regard as empty all that is existent and to beware of taking as real all that is nonexistent. All is like shadows and echoes.” — Layman P’ang

“There is nothing more marvelous than doing something you love
to do and getting paid for it. It ceases to become work, money,
and effort; and it becomes fun, your expression of the joy of life.”
— Stuart Wilde

I Am the

Which sounds like more fun: Being showered with miracles just because I love you, or being showered with miracles because you dared, stretched, went out on a limb, raised the bar, threw down the gauntlet, faced your fears, and grew into more than you ever knew you could be?

Dare ya, The Universe

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
That was wonderful! Was that something you made up? Either way, really great!

I Am the

Alas, no my dear Laurie. I got that in an e-mail and I liked it; thought I would share with my wonderful, enlightened friends here on bmindful.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

“Renunciation is not getting rid of the things of this world, but accepting that they pass away” — Robert Aitken

“I was educated once, and it took me years to get over it.” by: Ashleigh Brilliant (Ashley Brilliant)

“Even a meaningless life may contain many good breakfasts.” by: Ashleigh Brilliant (Ashley Brilliant)

Life is good!

I use not only all the brains I have but all that I can borrow. ~ Woodrow Wilson

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. ~ Woodrow Wilson

I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said, I don’t know. ~ Mark Twain

Don’t agonize. It slows you down. ~ “Non-perfectionist” Isaac Asimov

I Am the

My old signature:

“Just show up for what you signed up for and give it a chance.” — Zenshin Greg Fain

Some Dogen Zenji Quotes:

“Do not arouse disdainful mind when you prepare a broth of wild grasses; do not arouse joyful mind when you prepare a fine cream soup.”

“If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?”

“I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by a conscious endeavor.” Henry David Thoreau

In my youth, science was more important to me than either man or God. I worshipped science. Its advance had surpassed man’s wildest dreams. It took many years for me to discover that science, with all its brilliance, lights only a middle chapter of Creation.

I saw the aircraft I love destroying the civilization I expected it to save. Now I understand that spiritual truth is more essential to a nation than the mortar in its cities’ walls. For when the actions of a people are undergirded by spiritual truths, there is safety. When spiritual truths are rejected, it is only a matter of time before civilization will collapse.

We must understand spiritual truths & apply them to our modern life. We must draw strength from the almost forgotten virtues of simplicity, humility, contemplation & prayer. It requires a dedication beyond science, beyond self, but the rewards are great & it is our only hope.
—Charles Lindbergh

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I did a quick little search on the internet for a quote by Thoreau and I found this page that had a lot of quotes by famous people so I thought I’d share the link. If you know of some more links to good quotation sites please post them.
The Quotations Page

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

“Stress is just energy that hasn’t been used in a productive way. The big mistake that people make is that they try to ‘manage’ stress by avoiding or escaping it.”

Michael Licenblat

I Am the

Another new signature, here’s the quote from my old one:

“A flower falls, even though we love it; and a weed grows, even though we do not love it.” — Dogen Zenji

I just recieved a wonderful happiness message with lots of great quotes and this one cought my eyes:

“Happiness is a way of travel, not a destination’ – Roy Goodman

…what a wonderful world….

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won’t feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Marianne Williamson

Age and Time

We are always the same age inside. ~Gertrude Stein

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
~C.S. Lewis

The best things in life come in threes, like friends, dreams, and memories. author unknown

We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they’re called memories. Some take us forward, they’re called dreams. Tacey Jeremy Irons

It is a mistake to regard age as a downhill grade toward dissolution. The reverse is true. As one grows older, one climbs with surprising strides.
George Sand (1804 – 1876)

The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes.
~Frank Lloyd Wright

Aging is not ‘lost youth’ but a new stage of opportunity and strength.
Betty Friedan (1921 – 2006)

None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm.

~Henry David Thoreau

I Am the

We turn not older with years, but newer every day.

Emily Dickinson

I Am the

First comes thought; then organization of that thought, into ideas and plans; then transformation of those plans into reality. The beginning, as you will observe, is in your imagination.

Napoleon Hill

napoleon-hill-quote.jpg?w=1200

I Am the

Accidental Note posted this on a thread:

When you come FROM ‘happiness’, you do certain things because you ARE happy — as opposed to the old paradigm in which you did things that you hoped would MAKE you happy. When you come FROM ‘wisdom’, you do certain things because you ARE wise, not because you are trying to get to wisdom. When you come FROM ‘love’, you do certain things because you ARE love, not because you want to have love. Everything changes; everything turns around, when you come FROM ‘being’, rather that seeking to ‘be’… Here is the divine dichotomy. The way to get there’ is to ‘be there’. Just BE where you choose to GET! There’s nothing you have to do. You want to be happy? Be happy. You want to be wise? Be wise. You want to be love? Be love.

~ Neale Donald Walsch

I Am the

“Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?” “That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,” said the Cat. “I don’t much care where-” said Alice. “Then it doesn’t matter which wa you go,” said the Cat.

-Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART:
Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius.

I Am the

Midlife is the old age of youth and the youth of old age. Proverb

I Am the

“Everyone and everything around you is your teacher.” from Handbook to Higher Consciousness by Ken Keys, Jr. & Penny Keyes

Attitude Life Coach, helping others to see the Power of a Positive Attitude with Affirmations and Gratitudes, Learn to be The Creator of Your Life.

“Vitality shows not only in the ability to persist, but in the ability to start over.”
– F. Scott Fitzgerald

I Am the

… I will love the sun for it warms my bones; yet I will love the rain for it cleanses the spirit. I will love the light for it shows me the way; yet I will love the darkness for it shows me the stars.

~ Og Mandino

I Am the

“If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you
would never think a negative thought.”
— Peace Pilgrim: Born Mildred Norman, was a peace activist and spiritual leader

I Am the

“The difference between try and triumph is a little umph.”
— Unknown Author

I Am the

In the absence of gratitude, is only sadness
-author unknown

In response to jfowler’s post:
This is sooooo true. Thanks for sharing this one. Just what I needed to hear!

A full and thankful heart..

Some people will never learn anything…because they understand everything too soon.—Alexander Pope

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.—Pablo Picasso

The universe will reward you for taking risks on its behalf.—Shakti Gawain

I Am the

“To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.”
– Bertrand Russell

I Am the

“The way we communicate with others and with ourselves
ultimately determines the quality of our lives.”
— Anthony Robbins

I Am the

just a few by Wayne Dyer

Create an inner harmony where your loving soul guides your physical .
behaviour,rather than have your soul always come in second place

If you’re a person who lives one way ,but says you’re going to live another way in the future,those proclamations are empty .Ouch !

Within you is the kingdom of serenity that can create all of the prosperity that you could ever want .

Abundance is about looking at life and knowing that we have everything we need for complete happiness,and then being able to celebrate each and every moment of life

I read this one somewhere:
There is plenty of time to be unhappy, why not postpone it till tomorrow.

…what a wonderful world….

by Ralph Marston entitled:It’s Your Life

There’s no sense in fighting over the scraps that others might or might not throw under the table. Instead, get busy and create your own magnificent feast.

Stop going from door to door begging for someone else to solve all your problems for you.

Instead pick a formidable challenge, work your way through it, and you’ll build plenty of strength and experience to handle whatever situations come your way.

What possible use is there in developing elaborate arguments that place the blame for your difficulties on someone else? Put your energy into creating a brilliant future, not into fighting over what has already been left behind.

This is your life. The only person who can successfully live it is you.

Do you really think you can ever find fulfillment by signing over your control and responsibility to someone else? You’re here to live and to do, not to merely observe and complain.

Nothing that could ever be done for you or handed to you can come close to the experience of making a positive difference in your own unique way. This is your life, so jump right in and live the exquisite richness as you make your own way through.

I Am the

If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.

Persistence only takes you so far. Then you need to try a different approach.

- Anthony Robbins

I Am the

I was listening to a program playing in the distance – and I heard this – as a joke… but if you think about it, it is soooo true.

Life is like photography, use the negative to develop.

I loved it!!

“Life is denied by lack of attention, whether it be to cleaning windows or trying to write a masterpiece.”

-Nadia Boulanger

I Am the

“When it comes to eating right and exercising, there is no
‘I’ll start tomorrow.’ Tomorrow is disease.”
— V.L. Allineare

I Am the

“Your imagination is your preview
of life’s coming attractions.”
— Albert Einstein

I Am the

“The… patient should be made to understand that he or she
must take charge of his own life. Don’t take your body to
the doctor as if he were a repair shop.”
— Quentin Regestein

“Those who speak most of illness have illness; those who
speak most of prosperity have it, etc.”
— From the movie The Secret

“The best six doctors anywhere,
And no one can deny it,
Are sunshine, water, rest, and air,
Exercise and diet.
These six will gladly you attend,
If only you are willing.
Your mind they’ll ease.
Your will they’ll mend.
And charge you not a shilling.”
— Nursery rhyme quoted by Wayne Fields,
What the River Knows, 1990

I Am the

“The most important things are the hardest to say,
because words diminish them.”
— Stephen King

“The way we communicate with others and with ourselves
ultimately determines the quality of our lives.”
— Anthony Robbins

“The problem with communication is the
illusion that is has occurred.”
— George Bernard Shaw

I Am the

“One’s philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes. In the long run, we shape our lives and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility.”

– Eleanor Roosevelt, first lady

“Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.”
– Marie Curie

“Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity.”
– Gilda Radner

“When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.”
– Audre Lord

I Am the

“Everything begins with an idea.”
— Earl Nightingale

I Am the

“The biggest mistake that you can make is to believe that you are
working for somebody else. Job security is gone. The driving
force of a career must come from the individual. Remember:
Jobs are owned by the company; you own your career!”
— Earl Nightingale

I Am the

statement by Cheshire Cat in Lewis Caroll’s
‘Alice in Wonderland’:

“If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will take you
there.”

I Am the

When your higher self is present, it always promotes peace. If you have a question about whether it is your ego or your higher self speaking, the answer becomes obvious when you ask yourself, “Will this bring peace or turmoil to my life?” Peace is not found in being right or being hurt or being angry. Wayne Dyer

I Am the

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.”

-Goethe

I Am the

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.” – John Homer Miller

I Am the

c0ed89cf6be4679a3e5880810b3bf865.jpg

I Am the

“Only by contending with challenges that seem to be
beyond your strength to handle at the moment you
can grow more surely toward the stars.”
— Brian Tracy

I Am the

“A person who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”
– Albert Einstein

I Am the

“Time is limited, so I better wake up every morning fresh
and know that I have just one chance to live this particular
day right, and to string my days together into
a life of action, and purpose.”
— Lance Armstrong

I Am the

As you diminish contrast, you diminish your ability to decide, and as you diminish your ability to decide, you diminish your ability to focus, and as you diminish your ability to focus, you do away with your reason for existing.

jerry and esther hicks

It’s not your work to make anything happen. It’s your work to dream it and let it happen. Law of Attraction will make it happen. In your joy, you create something, and then you maintain your vibrational harmony with it, and the Universe must find a way to bring it about. That’s the promise of Law of Attraction.

jerry and esther hicks

You’re picky about the car you drive. You’re picky about what you wear. You’re picky about what you put in your mouth. We want you to be pickier about what you think.

jerry and esther hicks

I AM on purpose with the passion in my heart
I see clearly that I AM perfect expression of absolute possibility
I know that every experience is an opportunity for my growth and transformation
Life calls out to me beautifully
Love is my language of choice
Ideas of creativity innovate my journey
I AM Ready to have it ALL

Paul Hoffman

I AM ready to step into my dream
I know that within me I have all I need to spread my genius
In every way today I will say yes to my calling
I create my day the way I say
I am grateful for divine guidance
I am willing to learn and grow
I know I can have it all.

Paul Hoffman

I AM in perfect harmony with the wisdom of my soul
I listen to the infinite essence of divine intelligence with an open heart
I know that the perfect yes that guides my vision will always serve my highest good
In times of challenge I AM open to the opportunities presented
I see clearly because I have certainty of mind
I AM a perfect expression of absolute perfection

Paul Hoffman

I AM a perfect expression of magnificent love
I AM a perfect expression of magnificent joy
I AM a perfect expression of magnificent harmony
I Am awakened to the heart space of pure potential
Deep inside of me
I know my purpose is a gift to the planet
I open my soul to receive all the light
That guides my way this magnificent day.

Paul Hoffman

I AM in a perfect state of mind so I can receive ALL the wisdom I need
The calling of my heart is loud and clear
I know that what I need to hear is always available
Every step of my journey is guided by an infinite intelligence
that supports me
The beauty of my vision radiates in my mind
I see life in dreams of color
I AM a dynamic and awesome expression of pure potential

Paul Hoffman

That’s beautiful buttercak. Bake me a cake as fast as you can? ;)

I will try and do that bbirshbug lol

A man who lives in the past doesn’t live at all

Quote made by O’neil who is a contestant on season 9 of The Biggest Loser USA 2010

Uncertainty
“ There are some things that you know to be true, and others that you know to be false; yet, despite this extensive knowledge that you have, there remain many things whose truth or falsity is not known to you. We say that you are uncertain about them. You are uncertain, to varying degrees, about everything in the future; much of the past is hidden from you; and there is a lot of the present about which you do not have full information. Uncertainty is everywhere and you cannot escape from it. ” – Dennis Lindley, Understanding Uncertainty (2006)

In response to bbirishbug’s post:

Sounds like my recent thread about uncertainty. Is that a book Understanding Uncertainty ? Feels like I would enjoy it if it is. Have heard of some titles of books like it..

I Am the

Running from yourself is the fastest way to go nowhere!
Guy Finley

I Am the

‘ It is much easier to ride a horse in the direction it’s going.’
- Abraham Lincoln

I Am the

“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our
aim too high and falling short, but in setting our aim
too low and achieving our mark.”
— Michelangelo

I Am the

I read this quote today and it really resonated with me tremendously, so I thought I would share it with you all. Big Hugs, Love, Laughter, & Light

Our thoughts, our words, and deeds are the threads of the net which we throw around ourselves. – Swami Vivekananda

“Reality is only a Rorschach ink-blot, you know.”
- Alan Watts

“The great thing in the world is not so much where we
stand, as in what direction we are moving.”
— Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr

I Am the

In response to cleric’s post:
That’s a great one!

I Am the

‘‘Character may be manifested in the great
moments, but it is made in the small ones.’’
—WINSTON CHURCHILL

I Am the

“The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum.” ~Frances E. Willard

I Am the

Hi! :: Passion is the secret to motivation:: • Earl Nightingale• :: The eye with which I see God is the same eye with which God see’s me:: •Meister Eckhart• :: The soul attracts that which it secrelty harbors;that which it loves,and also that which it fear:: •James Allan (Writer &Poet)• :: A calm heart is a free heart- a thousand paths to tranquility:: • unknown • :: If we all did things we were capable of doing we would literally astond ourselves:: • Thomas Edison•:: Only the heart knows how to find what is precious:: • Fyodor Dostoyevsky• :: If you haven’t any charity in your heart,you have the worest kind of heart trouble:: • Bob Hope • :: I do need to break free of old and useless habits and form strong new ones:: • Dedmond • :: Reach high,for stars lie hidden in your soul.Dream deep,for every dream precedes the goal:: • Pamela Vault Starr •:: Strength without wisdom is a fist without a sword:: • unknown• :: If you want to walk on water you have to get out of the boat:: • Unknown • :: A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do:: • unknown • :: Later I will post some more. :: I leave you all with this. ~ Author unknown ~ “Be brave at heart. Take that chance it’s been there all the time.” God bless!

BEAUTY

Those who look for beauty, find it. Unknown

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness. What ails us is that our sense of beauty is so bruised and blunted, we miss all the best. D. H. Lawrence

I Am the

Awaken the Power to Walk Through Walls

Wise persistence always pays the one who serves it at least once, but usually twice. The first payoff — and the most valuable — is the realization that “walls” are immaterial apart from the resistance that lends them their temporary substance. The second payment comes on the other side of the “wall”… where achievement proves the value of sustained effort.

Guy Finley

I Am the

“You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result.”
– Mahatma Gandhi

I Am the

“When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure.”
– Peter Marshall

I Am the

“Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.”
– William James

I Am the

“Character is simply habit long enough continued.”
– Plutarch

I Am the

All of Romans 12!
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+12&version=KJV

Laurie! I love all of your quotes, I couldn’t post all of the ones I like, it would be to long lol!

Here’s a quote I like…

there are two things in life we need to learn
which bridges to cross and which bridges to burn

I am lovong all these great quotes… thanks everyone…

Fear is that little darkroom where negatives are developed. Michael Pritchard

I Am the

This is the true joy in life – that being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one. That being a force of nature, instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy. I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can. I want to be thoroughly used up when I die. For the harder I work the more I live. I rejoice in life for it’s own sake. Life is no brief candle to me. It’s a sort of splendid torch which I’ve got to hold up for the moment and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.
George Bernard Shaw

It’s ironic that I’m posting a quote from Shaw. I believe he was a socialist. Still, this statement contains some truth.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

“As for worrying about what other people might think – forget it. They aren’t concerned about you. They’re too busy worrying about what you and other people think of them.”
— Michael le Boeuf

The Universe does not know whether the vibration that you’re offering is because of something you’re observing or something you’re remembering or something that you are imagining. It just receives the vibration and answers it with things that match it.

—- Abraham

I Am fully awake to the perfect expression of who I AM
My heart is open and ready to give and give and give

I know that I will receive all I need when I release any thought of lack and limitation

The path I am on is blessed with infinite wisdom and intelligence
The conversation I hear is a dialogue of ONENESS

Love is the language of my heart

Gratitude is the food of my soul
Paul Hoffman

“If you believe you can, you probably can. If you believe you won’t, you most assuredly won’t. Belief is the ignition switch that gets you off the launching pad.”
— Denis Waitley

EVERY THOUGHT YOU RELEASE BECOMES A PERMANENT PART OF YOUR CHARACTER.
Thoughts are things. Every thought you release-good or bad-is a form of energy that can affect those who receive it, for better or worse. More important, your thoughts affect you. You become what you think about most. If you think about success, you condition your mind to seek success, and you attract large portions of it. Conversely, if you think about failure and despair, you will become miserable and desperate. To keep your mind on a positive track, the moment you begin to experience creeping negativism, make a conscious decision to eliminate negative thoughts and replace them with their positive counterparts.
Napoleon Hill

Expectation indicates the juncture between where you are and where you want to be. Where you want to be, is your desire, and where you are, is your Set-point or habit of thought. And somewhere, in there, is what we would call expectation. Expectation, whether it is wanted or unwanted, is a powerful point of attraction. Your expectation is always what you believe. But the word expectation does imply more what you are wanting than what you are not wanting. It is a more positive word than it is a negative word, but of course, you could expect negatively – and whatever you expect, you will get!

—- Abraham

Faith is like electricity. You can’t see it, but you can see the light.
- Gregory Dickow

“There is one thing that 99 percent of ‘failures’ and ‘successful’ folks have in common — they all hate doing the same things. The difference is that successful people do them anyway.”
-Darren Hardy

I Am the

“When I hear somebody sigh, ‘Life is hard,’ I am
always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?’”
— Sydney J. Harris

I Am the

“Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude
from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help
the man with the wrong mental attitude.”
— Thomas Jefferson: Third U.S. president

I Am the

As soon as A observes something which seems to him to be wrong, from which X is suffering, A talks it over with B, and A and B then propose to get a law passed to remedy the evil and help X. Their law always proposes to determine what C shall do for X, or in the better case, what A, B, and C shall do for X…. What I want to do is to look up C. I want to show you what manner of man he is. I call him the Forgotten Man. Perhaps the appellation is not strictly correct. He is the man who never is thought of…. He works, he votes, generally he prays-but he always pays….

William Graham Sumner, Yale University, 1883

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

‘Winners never quit and quiters never win’
not sure where it’s from but I like it!

The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn’t get worse every time Congress meets” – Will Rogers.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Love is the best medicine, and there is more than enough to go around once you open your heart. Julie Marie

13372017171ed5efb7b01965f07c62da--buddha-zen-body-positive.jpg

I Am the

“Possession of material riches, without inner peace,
is like dying of thirst while bathing in a lake.”
— Paramahansa Yogananda: Was an Indian yogi and guru

I Am the

“When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds: your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself a new, great and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be.” -The ancient sage Patanjali

I Am the

A Creed to Live By

Author Unknown

Don’t undermine your worth by comparing
yourself with others.

It is because we are different that each
of us is special.

Don’t set your goals by what other people
deem important.

Only you know what is best for you.

Don’t take for granted the things closest
to your heart.

Cling to that as you would your life, for without
them life is meaningless.

Don’t let your life slip through your fingers by living
in the past or the future.

By living your life one day at a time, you live all the
days of your life.

Don’t give up when you still have something to give.

Nothing is really over … until the moment
you stop trying.

Don’t be afraid to admit that you are less
than perfect.

It is the fragile thread that binds us to each other.

Don’t be afraid to encounter risks,
It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave.

Don’t shut love out of your life by saying it’s
impossible to find.

The quickest way to receive love is to give love.

The fastest way to lose love is to hold on too tightly,
And the best way to keep love is to give it wings.

Don’t dismiss your dreams.

To be without dreams is to be without hope.

To be without hope is to be without purpose.

Don’t run through life so fast that you forget
where you’ve been.

But also know where you’re going.

Life is not a race, but a journey to be savored
every step of the way.

So clear and so true! Good one Buttercake! Jan

In response to buttercake’s post:
What a wonderful collection!

I Am the

To Laurie glad you like my collection and to Jancydat its my pleasure, glad you also liked the last quote I posted

Adventure is a state of mind – and spirit. It comes with faith, for with complete faith, there is no fear of what faces you in life or death.
— Jacqueline Cochran, aviator

You cannot receive vibrationally something that you are not a vibrational match to. And so, bless those who are finding abundance. And in your blessing of them and their abundance, you will become abundant, too. But in your cursing of their abundance, you hold yourself apart from it. It is a law – it is a powerful law.

—- Abraham

Death stands at your elbow.

I Am the

“And the trouble is,
if you don’t risk anything,
you risk even more.”
Erica Jong
Author and Poet

I Am the

“As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a
single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a
deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep
mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we
wish to dominate our lives.”

— Henry David Thoreau

I Am the

It’s the little things you do that
make the big things happen.

-Mike Dooley

I Am the

“Things don’t go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be.” – Charlie “Tremendous” Jones

I Am the

You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success.
But it isn’t at all.

You can be discouraged by failure
or you can learn from it, So go ahead and
make mistakes. Make all you can.

Because remember that’s where you
will find success.”

- Thomas J. Watson

I Am the

Enthusiasm created from the heart is the spirit of the matter. It ignites your whole system so there’s no drag, no resistance, no thoughts like “Do I have to?” coming from the head to sabotage the power of your surrender. Sara Paddison

Joy, love, are and appreciation are powerful motivators. They are all feelings that humans experience around the heart. Joy is a feeling of pleasure or delight that arises from the heart. Positive feelings are what make life worth living. Find Your Joy by Following Your Heart, by Deborah Rozman, from Teaching and Joy (Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development)

Creating a joint venture between head and heart puts a power pack behind your goals. Getting your head in sync with your heart and harnessing the power of coherence gives you the energy efficiency you need to achieve changes that haven’t been possible before. The head can notice what things need to change, but the heart provides the power and direction to actually bring about the changes…. Doc Childre and Howard Martin

You deserve the fun, the joy, the freedom, and the pure goodness that flows through the experience of love that indwells you… The choice is yours. David McArthur and Bruce McArthur

If we seek to manifest love by utilizing our inherent abilities to serve others in whatever we are doing, we find the greatest opportunity for development, for then we are giving expression to our love for our neighbors and ourselves. David McArthur and Bruce McArthur

Many people are afraid to forgive because they feel they must remember the wrong or they will not learn from it. The opposite is true. Through forgiveness, the wrong is released from its emotional stranglehold on us so that we can learn from it. Through the power and intelligence of the heart, the release of forgiveness brings expanded intelligence to work with the situation more effectively. David McArthur & Bruce McArthur

I Am the

• Truth is relative. Love is universal. The course in which someone reaches this understanding is neither right nor wrong. Emphasis matters most on the end goal. And that end goal is loving all things connected and remembering you are loved. Chris Wilusz, creator of Life.Is.Balance.Is.Life.com

I Am the

“The foolish person seeks happiness in the distance; the wise person grows it under his feet.” James Oppenheim

I Am the

Your future can be either an extension of your
past or a new future that you create – we don’t
know what to do with something new because
we don’t have a frame of reference for it.

But if you change your paradigm and choose
to live a future that you create – this instantly
changes your life.

Tomorrow can be how it was
yesterday or today can be the last day this
happens – many people like to hold on to all
their stuff (story, excuses – e.g. oh I cant do
this because I have a bad past etc) instead
of becoming the best you.

In order to do this you’ve got to let go of your
past. Focus on what you want to create not
on what you want to avoid – what you focus
on you’ll be more likely to create it.

~Alex Mandossian

I Am the

Laughter is the lubricant and elixir of life. Being able to laugh at yourself and the everyday incongruities of your daily situation is the best way to quell stress. Lighten up and enjoy life!
Susan Smith Jones

I Am the

“Nothing happens unless first, a dream.”

—Carl Sandburg

I Am the

“If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” The Dalai Lama

I Am the

“The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make
ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy.
The amount of work is the same.”
Carlos Castaneda: Was an anthropologist and author

Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning. Winston Churchill

I Am the

The World of Inspiration

Locate quotations by category

I Am the

Good Morning is not a greeting, it’s a decision anonymous

167063-Unconditional-Love.jpg

I Am the

In the measurement world, we set a goal and strive to achieve it. In the universe of possibility, we set the context and let life unfold. Author Unknown

I Am the

“You’ll discover that real love is millions of miles past falling in love with anyone or anything. When you make that one effort to feel compassion instead of blame or self-blame, the heart opens again and continues opening.” Sara Paddison

I Am the

You deserve the fun, the joy, the freedom, and the pure goodness that flows through the experience of love that indwells you… The choice is yours. David McArthur and Bruce McArthur, The Intelligent Heart

I Am the

‎“The world is as you perceive it to be. For me, clarity is a word for beauty. It’s what I am. And when I’m clear, I see only beauty. Nothing else is possible.” Byron Katie

I Am the

Keep Your heart open for as long as you can, as wide as you can, for others and especially for yourself Morrie Schwartz

I Am the

Remember the mind grows strong through use. Struggle makes power.

Napoleon Hill liked to tell a story about his grandfather, a wagon builder in North Carolina. When the old man cleared the land for cultivation, he always left a few oak trees in the middle of the field at the mercy of the elements, unsheltered by other trees in the forest. It was from those trees that his grandfather made the wagons’ wheels. Because they were forced to struggle against the fury of nature, they grew strong enough to bear the heaviest load. Welcome difficult challenges, for the greatest opportunities will come from challenges that force you to expand your mind as you search for creative solutions. During life’s bleakest hours, take solace in the face that you are strengthening yourself through struggle so that in the future you will be prepared to take on even greater challenges. Like the old oak tree, you grow strong only when you are forced to struggle.

Napoleon Hill

The imagination is the workshop of the soul, where are shaped all the plans for individual achievement.

Before you can build anything worthwhile, you must first create it in your mind. Your mind is not constrained by physical limitations or boundaries. In the workshop of your mind, you can visualize things that have never been. It is said that Albert Einstein visualized how the universe might look if he were riding astride a beam of light through infinity. Then he worked out the mathematics to support his theory of relativity. You can use the power of your imagination to visualize solutions to difficult problems, to develop new ideas, and to see yourself achieving the goals you have set for yourself.

Napoleon Hill

Worrying is using your imagination to create something you don’t want.

—- Abraham

If you will let your dominant intention be to revise and improve the content of the story you tell every day of your life, it is our absolute promise to you that your life will become that ever-improving story. For by the powerful Law of Attraction—the essence of that which is like unto itself is drawn—it must be!

—- Abraham

“One man has enthusiasm for 30 minutes, another for 30 days, but it is the man who has it for 30 years who makes a success of his life.”
— Edward Butler, Discount-Store Entrepreneur

Beware of him who tries to poison your mind against another under the pretense of helping you. The chances are a thousand to one he is trying to help himself.

Napoleon Hill

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

I Am the

I Am the

“Placing the blame or judgment on someone else
leaves you powerless to change your experience.
Taking responsibility for your beliefs and judgments
gives you the power to change them.”

~ Byron Katie ~

The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations.

David Friedman

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask, “Mom, what was war?”

Eve Merriam

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Genius is nothing but a greater aptitude for patience. ☼Benjamin Franklin

• ~

8bea88cbd72f2f62f3766509e6788519.jpg

I Am the

JIMI HENDRIX

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
Jimi Hendrix

“Who are you to judge the life i live
i know i’m not perfect and i don’t live to be.
but before you start pointing fingers
make sure your hands are clean.”
Jimi Hendrix

“Well,” said Pooh, “what I like best,” and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn’t know what it was called. A.A. Milne

“Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it.” Jacques Prevert

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind” Dr. Seuss

“Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope” Hal Lindsey

I Am the

“Just as the tumultuous chaos of a thunderstorm brings a nurturing rain that allows life to flourish, so too in human affairs times of advancement are preceded by times of disorder. Success comes to those who can weather the storm.”

-I Ching

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth, for being correct, for being you. Never apologize for being correct, or for being years ahead of your time. If you’re right and you know it, speak your mind. Speak your mind. Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is still the truth.

Mohandas Ghandi

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

heres a thought from a fellow named jafree,

DESIRES JUST SYNCHRONISTICALLY SHOW UP AND MAGICALLY APPEAR IN YOUR LIFE,WHEN THERE IS SPACE AND SILENCE INSIDE,FOR YOU TO ALLOW THEM IN.

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

I really like that though from Jafree… “desperately seeking” just never works…
Thanks for posting that quote, Mara.

Here’s one of my personal favorite quotes by Christopher Hitchens:

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.”

All negativity is caused by an accumulation of psychological time and denial of the present. Unease, anxiety, tension, stress, worry – all forms of fear – are caused by too much future, and not enough presence. Guilt, regret, resentment, grievances, sadness, bitterness, and all forms of nonforgiveness are caused by too much past, and not enough presence.
— Eckhart Tolle

“The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have”
Vince Lombardie

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

“Good words are worth much,and cost little”
George Herbert

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I found this quote in a Chicken soup for the soul book of quotes.
“Intelligence is not something acquired once and for all.
It is in a constant process of forming,it’s retention requires constant
alertness and observation,an openminded will to learn and courage to
readjustment”
Johnathon Dewey

(:

hmn, i just realised that tere so many qoutes thread here :) anyway, love them.

“Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present.”

“What seems like the right thing to do could also be the hardest thing you have ever done in your life.”

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

“In recent years I have made a conscious effort to reduce the habit of
worrying,I have made considerable progress.The other day I was actually
thinking,if I find myself worrying about something,write it down and put the piece of paper in a metephorical safe,and promise myself to read all the
various worry notes after I’m dead,I figure that sounds reasonable and also I wouldn’t have any distractions to worry about”
The professor

A simple quote that reminds me worrying was how I coped at times when
I was surrounded by insanity as a youngster.Praying was not a concept to me at all.I don’t have any emotional scars,I think I just put the past into a
perspective I could understand.A Hicks says it was contrast I agree.
Oh well I heard a simple quote that says“If you worry pray,and if you
pray don’t worry”

added these 178efaf6734878d7298ba10857c42a00--vm-law-of-attraction-quotes.jpg

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~c86ac216683c92532c5ffda5cb9b1fd8--anna-maria-island-nice-quotes.jpg

dcb64ac191bd464333fbbe6d1dd1490f--prayer-room-spiritual-awareness.jpgquotes-every-moment-eckhart-tolle-600x411.jpg

ACCEPTANCE/BEING-NESS/7692b98e5e939c1bd4ca847d44d8a5ff.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbmtzJSm_ywXbmrFP93StuKsPUnzCwEfotFBHiR_ozks3SrBZV

I Am the

In response to AppreciationView˚‘s post:
Lovely picture quote.
And also the quotes by E Tolle and A Hicks.

In response to I'llbcinya's post:

added new quotes above(: same authors(:

I Am the

QUOTE by Virginia Satir (American Psychologist and Educator, 1916-1988) “I am Me. In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me. Everything that comes out of me is authentically mine, because I alone chose it — I own everything about me: my body, my feelings, my mouth, my voice, all my actions, whether they be to others or myself. I own my fantasies, my dreams, my hopes, my fears. I own my triumphs and successes, all my failures and mistakes. Because I own all of me, I can become intimately acquainted with me. By so doing,I can love me and be friendly with all my parts. I know there are aspects about myself that puzzle me, and other aspects that I do not know — but as long as I am friendly and loving to myself, I can courageously and hopefully look for solutions to the puzzles and ways to find out more about me…..However I look and sound, whatever I say and do, and whatever I think and feel at a given moment in time is authentically me. If later some parts of how I looked, sounded, thought, and felt turn out to be unfitting, I can discard that which is unfitting, keep the rest, and invent something new for that which I discarded. I can see, hear, feel, think, say, and do. I have the tools to survive, to be close to others, to be productive, and to make sense and order out of the world of people and things outside of me. I own me, and therefore, I can engineer me. I am me, and I am Okay.”

I Am the

I was just thinking,
“If I am feeling like good or in the “vortex“and I get tired or bored
all I have to do is interact with live people,and it’s ttyl vortex(:”

“Take every opportunity to remind someone,

‘I love you’

Today.

For whether in thought, intention, disposition, prayer, word, action or deed, no act so nobly imitates the Divine Reality — bestowing upon the human spirit the dignity, hope, courage and strength we all need to realize our full potential in the journey of life — as a sincere, authentic, heartfelt expression of love.”
― Mac MacKenzie

“As long as people, places, and things, do not define your blessings, there are nothing but blessings for you to discover.” by Matt Kahn this quote is 1 that had me reeling for awhile(:
  • ~
    Make yourself available for success, and know and trust in an invisible force that’s all-providing. Wayne Dyer

I Am the

Just saw this on the net.

Your culture has vastly restricted your sense of what is possible.

You have been conditioned to accept a narrow vision of what life is and what you can be.

In truth, there are boundless possibilities for your life.

If you are truly determined to make something happen, and if you are persistent, you can do virtually anything you imagine.

“Success” is a relative term that you can define however you like.

If you wish, “success” can simply mean being alive and experiencing whatever you’re currently experiencing.

There is much more to life than an endless cycle of working, spending, working, spending.

When you begin to think of life as a marvelous adventure, it becomes one.

When you cultivate an insatiable curiosity for the world, you find endless sources of wonder and fascination.

For most of human history, our ancestors were nomads, moving from place to place.

Arguably, it is unnatural for a human being to stay in a single place for decades on end.

The human spirit yearns for new sights, scents, tastes, sounds, people, environments, and sensations.

On some level, you have yearned to wander for a long time, but you tell yourself there are many good reasons why you cannot abandon your current situation.

You are deceiving yourself.

Deep down, you suspect that few things would be better for you than to go to an entirely new place for an extended period of time.

The challenge and novelty would stimulate you in beautiful ways.

The world would excite you to a degree that it has not since you were a small child.

You would learn a great deal about what really motivates you and what you truly love to do.

It would change you in profound ways, for the better.

And that is why you fear it: change is terrifying; it’s much easier to cling to what you know, to what is stable; you don’t feel ready.

But no one is ever really ready.

Those that leap anyway become ready when they must.

It is at this point that we should note that “going to an entirely new place for an extended period of time” may be best interpreted as a metaphor.

Perhaps it is true that what you need is to move beyond physical boundaries, to experience new external landscapes; however, perhaps on a deeper level you yearn to experience new internal landscapes.

There are many ways to travel — to eclipse boundaries and explore new territory — without moving your physical body.

The same basic urge underlies the impulse to travel externally or internally: the urge to move beyond the familiar, to experiment in order to see for yourself what you are, what life is, what it can be.

In any case, there are secret potentialities within yourself that you wish to explore and actualize; whether internal or external, some part of you yearns for movement, for transformation.

But you are afraid of judgment and of giving up what you know, so you generate endless reasons for why change is not a good idea.

Again, somewhere within you, you know that the best thing for you would be to do what you fear — to move beyond self-imposed limits.

Transcending boundaries awakens passion, curiosity, and a sense of purpose; it is the path to discovering intrinsic motivation, greater meaning, and inner nobility.

Inner nobility consists in seeking to fulfill our inborn human potential; to develop our innate capacities and talents; and to use whatever abilities we have to help the world.

Arguably, we need many people to aspire to this state of inner nobility, given the fact that we now face various existential risks — risks which threaten to decimate humanity and the biosphere.

However, it is not a sense of duty or obligation which should compel you to unearth your potential; rather, this compulsion arises naturally within you; it is likely already there — a faint whisper.

Remember: Life can be much more than you’ve dreamt in common hours; your world can expand boundlessly.

Your greatest obstacle is your own conviction that there are good reasons for you to stay where you are now, be who you are now, and do what you do now.

Your greatest enemy is your endless list of rules and expectations for how life is supposed to be lived.

Question: Where did these rules and expectations originate?

Answer: They were invented by other human beings.

Nature doesn’t care about human rules and expectations.

Nature is a wildly free wonderland in which endless unlikely possibilities are constantly actualized.

Forget what you think you know.

Learn what is possible by finding out for yourself; expand, experiment, become.

Someday soon you will die. You will become a lifeless, deteriorating heap of flesh and bones.

When that day comes, do you want to be the person who believed everyone else’s idea of what life could be and forever did only the safe, easy things?

Or do you want to be the person who went on internal and external adventures, explored possibility and potential, and reached their own conclusions?

I know my answer, and I think I know yours.

The question is whether or not you will summon the courage to be that person.

The question is whether or not you will conjure the audacity to question everything you think you know.

You already exist in a realm of infinite possibility. Start living like it.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

“I am not a product of my circumstances I am a product of my decisions”
Stephen Covey

Send out love and harmony, put your mind and body in a peaceful place, and then allow the universe to work in the perfect way that it knows how. Wayne Dyer

• ~
    …the details of our days do make a difference in our lives…no experience is ever just for drill…everything can be a springboard for inspiration if we are willing to be open to the goodness of life. Sarah Ban Breathnach

Life is a journey, and if you fall in love with the journey, you will be in love forever. Peter Hagerty

I Am the

“It is better to travel well than to arrive.” Buddha

“The trick to being happy isn’t to live in the know, it’s to live in the mystery.”

I Am the

Love it!!!!

“The Universe extends its arms, embracing me with love
and making today, and every day, a Happy Day!”
Deena Davis

“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” Mahatma Gandhi

“Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.” –Alphonse Karr

“Every morning I wake up with an unknown, unexplainable joy of life. Then I get lost in the beauty of the morning sun and all of the magnificence that surrounds me.” Debasish Mridha

“In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.” Khalil Gibran

I Am the

serenity lake’s‘s 1st post: serenity lake’s‘s 2nd post: Hello serenity lakes(: Loved the last 2 quotes you posted… Thanks for the smiles! great one Nancee-so true also:

this really is a wonderful thread! Thank you “ se da luz!!

I Am living a Divine plan

Great Quotes! :)

Image result for manifesting picInspirationalQuotes.Club-blame-lesson-wisdom-intelligent-learning-unknown-1.jpg

I Am living a Divine plan

I hate to repeat myself, however I must, Great Quotes!!!

I Am the

I Am the

nelsonmandela101682.jpg

IMG_5711-1-4-2.jpg

In response to Nancee1953's post:

an Amen to that!

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

is?pgfo5h5L1iKgBeZSuVv1laWEqs-JNuA-QBFdNFnYYI0&height=215

where-a-beautiful-soul-has-travelled-beautiful-memories-remain-forever-soul-quote.jpg

acceptance.jpg

ef836c5c0201b9227790ed6f22f96268.jpg

Once-you-awaken-you-will-have-no-interest-in-judging-those-who-sleep.jpg

c987d4041579adf497fcf8f03dfce8dd.jpg

6f9b393ca12f5c866129def70d848fe9.jpg

Gratitude.jpg

238851-Spiritual-Life-Quote.png

0db45cb9c8f0049c6100796e3b0af10d.jpg

Set-your-heart-on-doing-good.-Do-it-over-and-over-again-and-you-will-be-filled-with-joy..jpg

joy-and-happiness.png

il_570xN.351982517.jpg

birthday-thank-you-quote.jpg

life-is-beautiful-lifestyle-quotes-635682247499651889-11607.jpg

dac302bdce89c2305605a84445cb67bd.jpg

rumi-suresh.jpg

short+quotes+and+sayings+about+life+19.gif

giphy.gif

beating-heart.gif

8367e8c5c0c515836552616cdd04f1f2.jpg

“I am whole, perfect, strong powerful loving harmonious and happy, I can do all things through Spirit. Christ and all spiritual people throughout the course of history that strengthen me”

Image result for inspirational power of gratitude gif

“I am whole, perfect, strong powerful loving harmonious and happy, I can do all things through Spirit. Christ and all spiritual people throughout the course of history that strengthen me”

b0bb72d90379efedb3fd6e4971343cf1.jpg

There is a horse from California called Disguysthelimit a play on words the sky is the limit.
yadayadayada

EnamorteLife_hur012016.gif

Image result for spiritual awakening  gif

Image result for spiritual awakening  gif

Image result for spiritual joy quotes gif

Image result for spiritual joy quotes

Image result for spiritual joy gif

Image result for spiritual joy quotes

Related image

Image result for beautiful inner life quotes

9a4a217e48dbcd2c2a06d9392f68434f--plants-comic-book.jpg

I Am the

Image result for life is wonderful quotes gif

Write-Your-Sorrows-In-Sand-And-Your-Blessings-In-Stone.jpg

I Am the

251051-Good-Morning-Words-Of-Wisom.jpg

I Am the

9a8717b9e9091d2b9df7ee125faec5b2--morning-sayings-good-morning-quotes.jpg

I Am the

David R Hawkins

There is a horse from California called Disguysthelimit a play on words the sky is the limit.
yadayadayada

Image result for life is beautiful gif

Image result for simple abundance quotes  gif

Image result for inspirational live life quotes

Image result for believe this life is amazing quotes gif

ada8f0425fd599348a03c928be1bd346.jpg

happiness_quotes_graphics_01.gif

the_present_moment_quote.jpg

Related image

Image result for have hope quotes tumblr gif

Image result for hope endures quotes

8a16882f0e5a6991e5e6df4a5dcbff14--pumpkin-pies-princess-quotes.jpg

I Am the

Image result for beautiful love of  self quotes gif

Image result for being at  peace quotes gif

Image result for being at  peace quotes gif

joy-is-what-happens-to-us-when-we-allow-ourselves-to-recognize-how-good-things-really-are.jpg

I Am the

Image result for living your joy

“Don’t look further for answers: be the solution. You were born with everything you need to know. Make a promise to stop getting in the way of the blessing that you are. Take a deep breath, remember to have fun, and begin.” – Jonathan H. Ellerby

See the source image

I Am the

See the source image

I Am the

See the source image

I Am the

See the source image

I Am the

1*nO8YHH6QEVWBUwkGG_YKNg.jpeg

I Am the

I Am the

See the source image

I Am the

See the source image

I Am the

See the source image

I Am the

See the source image

I Am the

See the source image

I Am the

72d992d5b7f15e47fd005504e9dcd747.jpg

yadayadayada

See the source image

See the source image

I Am the

264014272-quote-Elliott-Erwitt-i-appreciate-simplicity-true-beauty-that-lasts-157708.png

I Am the

Everything is practice.

Pele

20101102_friday_quote.jpg?1540575958

I Am the

Be-like-the-honeybee-who.jpg

I Am the

ec060f0c8a50d48ee38daaf81eae72c6--chuang-tzu-successful-people.jpg

The basic root of happiness lies in our minds; outer circumstances are nothing more than adverse or favorable.

MATTHIEU RICARD

I Am the

"Teachers open the door. You must enter by yourself"

Zen proverb

"Silence is the best answer to someone who doesn't value your words"

Unknown

"Appreciate where you are in your journey, even if it's not where you want to be. Every season serves it purpose"

Unknown

"Beautiful things happen when you distance yourself from negativity"

Zig Ziglar

"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see"

Henry David Thoreau

"Peace does not mean an absence of conflicts; differences will always be there. Peace means solving these differences through peaceful means; through dialogue, education, knowledge and through humane ways"

Dalai Lama

"Let the world bother about its reality or falsehood. Find out first about your own reality, then all things will become clear"

Sri Ramana Marharshi

"Whatever makes your soul happy, do that"

Unknown

"The Universe reveals its secrets to those who dare to follow their hearts"

Ralph Smart

“Don’t Be Too Timid And Squeamish About Your Actions. All Life Is An Experiment. The More Experiments You Make The Better.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I Am the

"Your peace is more important than driving yourself crazy trying to understand why something happened the way it did. let it go"

Mandy Hale

"Don't be afraid to be open minded. Your brain isn't going to fall out"

Unknown

Love this...posted this on a Brian Tracy thread, though felt it warranted another Good place!

Brian-Tracy-Quote-Look-for-the-good-1.jpg

I Am the

"Most people are not really free. They are confined by the niche in the world that they carve out for themselves. They limit themselves to fewer possibilities by the narrowness of their vision." - V.S. Naipaul

I Am the

Here is my wish for you and every other child, woman, and man on the face of the earth: Spend one week saying only kind, caring things to yourself. Say thank you at least ten times an hour, direct five toward yourself and five to the world at large. Compliment yourself (and others) each time an effort is made. Notice all the wonderful qualities and characteristics about yourself and those around you. One week. You will never go back. And your whole life will be a glorious meditation. Cheri Huber

I Am the

I realize that all the Good there is, all the Presence there is, all the Power there is, is immediately available and immediately responsive to me. Today I enter into the faith of believing, the joy of knowing, and the act of living which proclaim the One Power and Presence in all things. And today, as a child, I accept this Presence that responds to me as warm, personal, and colorful. It is within and around and through me even as It embraces all things. Today I accept my partnership with the Infinite. an Ernest Holmes quote

I Am the

“The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but thought about it. Be aware of the thoughts you are thinking. Separate them from the situation, which is always neutral. It is as it is.” Eckhart Tolle

I Am the

A person’s world is only as big as their heart. Tanya A. Moore

True love doesn’t come to you, it has to be inside you. – ~Julia Roberts

I Am the

In our deepest moments of struggle, frustration, fear, and confusion, we are being called upon to reach in and touch our hearts. Then, we will know what to do, what to say, how to be. What is right is always in our deepest heart of hearts. It is from the deepest part of our hearts that we are capable of reaching out and touching another human being. It is, after all, one heart touching another heart. Roberta Sage Hamilton

ad4f62bd884d4e156bd8939617a497ec.jpg

I Am the

"He who lives in harmony with himself, lives in harmony with the Universe"

Marcus Aurelius

d2e35e0f4e1853eced5953131ec82dd1.jpg

“Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the NOW the primary focus of your life.” Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment

“As soon as you honor the present moment, all unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease. When you act out the present-moment awareness, whatever you do becomes imbued with a sense of quality, care, and love – even the most simple action.” Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment

“Nothing ever happened in the past that can prevent you from being present now, and if the past can’t prevent you from being present now, what power does it have?” Eckhart Tolle

I Am the

ee3722171b6ce495fa6685a9648d80d0.jpg

I Am the

0dd0d12a32f158bda321d821a3ca4437--eckhart-tolle-daily-inspiration.jpg

I Am the

d84e64ac2d5a85b5461ac614297f64b4--quotes-for-peace-heart-quotes.jpg

I Am the

Some things that i like a lot:

What gets measured, gets done.

its such a simple thing really, but we have to be sure to track the inputs of success, rather than tracking the wrong stuff. If i married a dentist, whose first question when i crawled into bed each night was, „did you floss“ then imagine how consistent that flossing habit would become.

whoever gets to the information first, is miles ahead of the rest.

i picture how the best time to get access to a powerful strategy for success, is EARLY, because then you are miles down the path toward your goal. A kid who is shown how to properly train for a 5K, is the one winning cross country races in their senior year. The kid who is never taught proper training, is invariably dogged by injuries.

do your work, and even the angels can do no better

this is a favorite of mine, because i dont believe anyone can manifest shortcuts. Esther Hicks could not run the boston marathon, no matter HOW much visualization and positive emotion she harnessed. Even the most beautiful spirit (including you and me) (and also esther) has to train, and to get there at the pace that this physical reality allows.

dont ignore problems. See what is going badly, and get serious about solutions. 

I am a firm believer that lying to oneself, or pretending that things are just fine, is more cowardly than anything. (Gratitude for what is going well, does not prevent anyone from saying, “i havent done my taxes yet. Better get on that.”) acknowledging a problem does not bring it into existence, and neither does talking about it. 

-

those are my four! They are not exact quotes but theyre the ones that guide me these days. :)

"If you are depressed, you are living in the past. if you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present"

Lao Tzu

"These bodies are perishable, but the dwellers in these bodies are eternal, indestructible and impenetrable"

Bhagavad Gita

"Knowing others is wisdom. Knowing yourself is enlightenment"

Lao Tzu

"The person who says it cannot be done, should not interrupt the person doing it"

Chinese proverb

"Make peace with silence, and remind yourself that it is in this space that you'll come to remember your spirit. When you are able to transcend an aversion to silence, you'll also transcend many other miseries. And it is in this silence that the remembrance of inner self will be activated"

Wayne Dyer

"The mind is above time and space. If you decide not to complain, it will immediately compensate you with intuition"

Yogi Bhajan

"How people treat you is their karma, how you react is yours"

Wayne Dyer

"A wise man once said nothing"

Unknown

Resolve to be a master of change rather than a victim of change.

Brian Tracy

I Am the

I love lots of types of quotes!

I 'got away' from various do it quotes versus Be ... quotes. I had a bit of a shift lately... and found out -for my sense of balance... its time to balance out the messages(:

8c6aceb79a6be5c22dc9499aed49ab49--brian-tracy-your-life.jpg

I Am the

Image result for Find Your Balance Point quotes brian tracy happiness

I Am the

2a60accdb13a8f49a0cf9c2f3af0d6d8--uplifting-quotes-meaningful-quotes.jpg

I Am the

708a0f0c46e4b266b8cbcf8f792afed9.jpg

The secret of making something work in your lives is,

first of all,

the deep desire to make it work.

Then the faith and belief that it can work.

Then to hold that clear definite vision in your consciousness

and see it working out step by step, without one thought of doubt or disbelief.

by Eileen Caddy

I Am the

★ღ✰˚ ✰
We create our own destiny with our choices and decisions. We can base these decisions

upon the awareness of our inner truth or we can base

them on reactions to outer circumstances.

This power always belongs to us.

No one can take it from us. Gail Pursell Elliott

★ღ✰˚ ✰

I Am the

"Allow things to come and go, keeping your heart as open as the sky"

Lao Tzu

"Focus on the powerful, euphoric, magical, synchronistic, beautiful parts of life, and the Universe will keep giving them to you"

Unknown

"You are already that which you seek"

Ramana Maharshi

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better"

Albert Einstein

"The soul is pure and needs no cleaning. The dirt is in the mind"

Maharaj Sawan Singh

"Imagination is a portal to all realities"

Unknown

"I stopped explaining myself, when I realized people only understand from their level of perception"

Unknown

c34267fb05051545266451b1e7b8baa3--poem-quotes-wise-quotes.jpg

I Am the

“Performing an action in the state of acceptance means you are at peace while you do it… On the surface, acceptance looks like a passive state, but in reality it is active and creative because it brings something entirely new into this world. That peace, that subtle energy vibration, is consciousness, and one of the ways in which it enters this world is through surrendered action, one aspect of which is acceptance.” – Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth

I Am the

"We live on a blue planet that circles around a ball of fire next to a moon that moves the sea, and you don't believe in miracles"

Unknown

"The greatest prison people live in is the fear of what other people think"

David Icke

"Think good thoughts, say nice things, do good for others. Everything comes back"

Unknown

"When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new"

Dalai Lama

"What you seek is seeking you"

Rumi

"The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind"

Caroline Myss

"Life begins where fear ends"

Osho

"Silence is better than bullshit"

Unknown

DodArW6U4AAFvOo.jpg

I Am the

best-36-life-journey-quotes-ideas-on-pinterest-self-growth-finding-joy-quotes.jpg

I Am the

"A Lion doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep"

Unknown

"People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"

Dalai Lama

"Let the past make you better, not bitter"

Unknown

44-Stay-Positive-Quotes-Good-Vibes-Inspire-For-You-1.jpg?resize=564%2C790&ssl=1

I Am the

298ec9035035a6dfe483a70e5452fb56--pretty-flowers-the-flowers.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRs6e3I-eN0QDAAwohIHEj7At734wURqDRXwjQfQoaDrHu9f3j_oQhqdefault.jpgbroken-quotes.jpg

I Am the

I Am the

RaggedRaggedAntarcticfurseal-mobile.jpg

I Am the

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRychmEGtQMGpzmbHDq5ZgrvoRdOXERIZjmlwt2fX6UXdtD8sd9vg

I Am the

Bring_the_JOY_-_inspire_good_vibes_600x.jpg?v=1549734560

I Am the

raise_your_vibration_-_inspire_good_vibes_1200x.jpg?v=1548975781Bentinho-Massaro-Quote-2.png

I Am the

how_to_manifest_what_you_want_-_inspire_good_vibes_600x.jpg?v=1529521148

I Am the

good-vibes-quote-300x300.png

I Am the

528c9f3e92f6055ac0f0da08466787c7--music-wall-art-wall-art-quotes.jpg?b=t

I Am the

749e221d37d033012f68d631e158303e.png

I Am the

"I am not my thoughts, emotions, sense perceptions, and experiences. I am not the content of my life. I am life. I am the space in which all things happen. I am consciousness. I am the now. I am

Eckhart Tolle

"A wise man never knows all: only a fool knows everything"

African Proverb

"The world is changed by your example, not your opinion"

Paulo Coelho

"The body and ego are impatient because its time is limited. The spirit is patient because it knows it is eternal"

Unknown

"Don't ever feel bad for making a decision about your own life that upsets other people. You are not responsible for their happiness. You are responsible for your own happiness"

Isaiah Hankel

"The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself"

Maya Angelou

"Gossip dies when it hits a wise person's ears"

Unknown

"You can't change what you see, until you learn from what you see"

Bentinho Massaro

"Don't be impressed by money, followers, degrees and titles. Be impressed by kindness, integrity, humility and generosity"

Unknown

"A spiritually illumined soul lives in this world, yet is never contaminated by it"

Swami Bhaskarananda Saraswati

“You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you” 
― Sarah Ban Breathnack, 

I Am the

“Meditation, creative movement, moments of self-nurturance that bring contentment—all can become positive habits of well-being.” 
― Sarah Ban Breathnach, 

I Am the

"Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does"

Tucker Max

"In the end, people will judge you anyway. Don't live your life impressing others. Live your life impressing yourself"

Eunice Camacho Infante

"Your greatest awakening comes, when you are aware about your infinite nature"

Amit Ray

"I awoke, only to see that the rest of the world is still asleep"

Leonardo Da Vinci

"When the ego dies, the soul awakens"

Gandhi

"Don't look for me in human shape. I am inside your looking"

Rumi

"Paradise is not a place, it's a state of consciousness"

Sri Chinmoy

"The reason people awaken is because they have finally stopped agreeing to things that insult their soul"

Unknown

"Don't hate what you don't understand"

John Lennon

"Why can't I manifest the life of my dreams?

.. your beliefs my friend .. if they are not aligned with who you truly are within .. you will manifest you "outer" reality the same contradictions you have within yourself .. and contradictions manifest walls of limitation that block you from seeing the way.

What is the way?

.. following your highest joy .. with no expectation of the outcome .. then you will know what you need to know when you need to know it .. and you will have what you need to have exactly when you need to have it .. not a moment sooner .. not a moment later .. in perfect synchronicity .. everything you need will be there exactly when it benefits your journey the most .. but first.. you must overcome your most limiting challenge .. fear of the unknown.

The matrix

"The sky is not the limit ... The mind is"

Marilyn Monroe

"The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, he said

Man, because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present, the result being that he does not live in the present or the future. He lives as if he is never going to die, and then he dies having never really lived"

"Worrying is using your imagination to create something you don't want"

Abraham Hicks

"Abundance is not something we acquire, it is something we tune into"

Wayne Dyer

"You are pure awareness, the witness of all things"

Ashtavakra Gita

"He who conquers himself is the mightiest warrior"

Confucius

"Come out of the masses. Stand alone like a lion, and live your life according to your own light"

Osho

"By transforming your own consciousness, and opening your heart and mind to greater possibilities: One by one, humanity will begin to transform from the inside out, and we will co-create a whole new way of being"

Chantelle Renee

"The answers you seek never come when the mind is busy, they come when the mind is still"

Leon Brown

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new"

Socrates

"My soul is connected to the abundance of the universe"

Unknown

"Life is a dream. We wake up when we die"

Bangambiki Habyarimana

"Your work is not to drag the world kicking and screaming into a new awareness. Your job is to simply do your work sacredly, secretly, and silently, and those with eyes to see and ears to hear will respond"

Arturians

All life is sacred; every moment, even the less than glorious ones. When we recognize the sacredness of all, we are at peace with all. ~Gangaji

People are disturbed not by things, but by the view they take of them. ~Epictetus

The day always looks brighter from behind a smile. ~unknown

As a man is,so he sees.~William Blake

Enter into the stillness inside your busy life. Become familiar with her ways. Grow to love her, feel [her] with all your heart and you will come to hear her silent music and become one with Love’s silent song. ~Noel Davis

Within you there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself. ~Herman Hesse

I Am the

"Quiet the mind and the soul will speak"

Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati

"Your mind must arrive at the destination before your life does"

Unknown

"The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life"

Confucius

"My brain is only a receiver, in the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength and inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know that it exists"

Nikola Tesla

"One of the greatest tragedies in life is to lose your own sense of self and accept the version of you that is expected by everyone else"

K L Toth

"The future is not something we enter. The future is something we create"

Leonard Sweet

"I have no sense of nationalism. Only a cosmic consciousness of belonging to the human family"

Rosika Schwimmer

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

Antoine de St. Exupery

I Am the

cam't remember if I posted this before,oh well

love it!

With an eye made quiet

by the power

Of harmony,

and the deep power of joy,

We see into the life of things.

William Wordsworth

I Am the

If your mind is liberated, your heart floods with compassion.

Thich Nhat Nanh

d76e5ebe1e49c372c151c6759d7be08a.jpg

I Am the

The whole idea of compassion is based on a keen awareness of the interdependence of all these living beings, which are all part of one another, and all involved in one another.

Thomas Merton

I Am the

The ability to experience and to flow with what is signals the beginning of the unification of mind, body, and spirit.

W.Brugh Joy

I Am the

"Someone asked me what is your religion? I said, all the paths that lead to the light"

Unknown

"Don't wait for someone to bring you flowers. Plant your own garden and decorate your soul"

Mario Quintana

"Deep within your soul is a door that opens into a world of wonder. Open the door and let the magic in"

Unknown

"Everything begins on a mental level before it manifests in physical results"

Bob Proctor

"Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning"

Bruce Lee

"We need not search in order to find our true being, we already are it. And the mind which searches for it, is the very reason why we cannot find it"

Nisargadatta Maharaj

"Your time as a caterpillar has expired. Your wings are ready"

Unknown

"That thing we call intuition. It's you soul. You can trust it

Unknown

"Unless you learn to face your own shadows, you will continue to see them in others, because the world outside you is only a reflection of the world inside you"

Unknown

"You only lose what you cling to"

Buddha

Meet everyone and everything through stillness rather than mental noise.

Eckhart Tolle

love this!

I Am the

"Remember the entrance door to the sanctuary is inside you"

Rumi

julia-roberts-quote-if-you-love-someone-you-say-it-right.gif

I Am the

“Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible.” -Frank L. Gaines

I Am the

As-we-become-more-aware.jpg

I Am the

Dont-Fall-in-love-Rise.jpg

A-fully-blossomed-human.jpg

Whatever-you-put.jpg

main-qimg-8e0ce01c4b4e4402e08e88ad0c44c31c.webpIf-you-can-win-over-your.jpg  

“Difference between motivation and inspiration – Motivation is external and short lived. Inspiration is internal and lifelong”

Sri Ravi Shankar

Feeling-and-experiencing.jpg

enlightenment-is-the-journey-back-from-the-head-to-the-heart-quote-1.jpg

1bf40a9eca2c122f7ef49d0f5e905ea8.png

art-of-living-Images.jpg

q3.jpg?ssl=1

q1.jpg?ssl=1

8da74e7aa96f3fdfe1b9c53abd32b2b9.jpg

main-qimg-d1c23f2905a7dcc18360c819a0d8b03a-cart-of-living-quotes-happiness.jpg

I Am the

inspirational-quotes-self-love-self-care-hope-spirit-spiritual-meditate-buddhism.jpg

Always make decisions that prioritize your inner peace.”— Izey Victoria Odiase

Writing-in-A-Journal-1050x700.jpg

In response to Mr Brightside's post:

thank you!

perfect!

QUOTE.The Creator makes no mistakes. There is a divine purpose in your being on earth. Think of yourself as necessary to the great design. It is an inspiring thought. And then consider the immensity of the universe and how accurately the Maker planned it all. Ella Wheeler Wilcox

In response to ♡ ˚ ✅ task done's post:

Right

Lifes situations are all by-products of the past energy you put out

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content