login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★˚Why Laughing Is Good for Your Health

thread a bit old-pls help to revise(:

“Laugh out loud, follow your heart, and enjoy the little things.” Anonymous

At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities. ~Jean Houston

Why Laughing Is Good for Your Health article
An old Yiddish proverb says, “What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul.” Everyone knows that laughter makes you feel good and puts you in high spirits, but did you also know that laughter actually causes physiological responses that protect the body from disease and help your vital organs repair themselves? A good laugh can be compared to a mild workout, as it exercises the muscles, gets the blood flowing, decreases blood pressure and stress hormones, improves sleep patterns and boosts the immune system. Furthermore, a study by the John Hopkins University Medical School showed that humor and laughter can also improve memory and mental performance. Yet despite the fact that laughter has so many benefits, far too many of us forget to even crack a smile every once in a while, let alone laugh. The following are some ways to incorporate more laughter and joy in your life:to read rest of article

about the author
Dr. Cynthia Thaik is a Harvard-trained, board-certified cardiologist, specializing in women’s health, cardiovascular health and congestive heart failure. She is the founder of Revitalize-U, A New Body Image, a wellness center focused on health, nutrition, weight loss and detoxification. The author of Your Vibrant Heart: Restoring Health, Strength & Spirit from the Body’s Core ( 2014), she is also a former co-director of the Women’s Cardiac Risk Screening Program at Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center and Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine.

As a practicing Buddhist, Dr. Thaik believes in being centered and present in each moment. She teaches that each individual has the amazing potential to heal ailments through mindfulness. On a mission to shift the medical paradigm from crisis management to wellness, Dr. Thaik has helped thousands of patients take purposeful actions to transform their health through the way they think, feel and act. A strong believer in personal responsibility, Dr. Cynthia doesn’t just prescribe these practices to her patients; she incorporates these practices in her daily family life. She lives in the Los Angeles area with her husband and three children.

you may also like
A Joyful Life Supports Good Health

Enjoy the simple things

Laugh often, laugh long and laugh loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

The tears happen. endure, grieve and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life is ourselves. Be alive while you are alive!

Surround yourself with what you love, whether it’s family, pets, keepsakes, music, books, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

Cherish your health. If it’s good – preserve it! If it’s unstable – improve it! If it is beyond what you can improve – get medical help!

Don’t take guilt trips! Take a trip to the mall – to another part of the country, to a foreign country, but not where the guilt is.

And keep smiling – everyone will wonder what you are up to! ***~humorlaughter.com~***

• ~
    Laughter and Happiness

Laughter, as reported by worldwide scientific research and studies is known to relax muscles, reduce stress, pain, tension and depression; improve respiration, oxygenation, circulation, digestion, stamina, sleep, and self-confidence; strengthening of the immune system; increase the count of natural killer cells that attack cancers and tumors; raise antibody levels; make people feel good about themselves.

Above all, laughter is fun, helps us connect and reconnect with others with a sense of happiness and playfulness. Laughter is one of the easiest types of meditation providing us with instant relaxation. It disconnects the mind from the world around us.

When laughing, you cannot think of anything else compared to other types of meditation where you have to concentrate deeply to take your mind away from other thoughts.

Laughing is not necessarily caused by, or based on anything in particular. An example is the comedy TV series ‘Seinfeld,‘which was totally put together on nothing issues and events, and still proved to be extremely funny.

Dr. Madan Kataria, a physician from Mumbai,India developed ‘Laughter Yoga’ based on fake laughter In his research he found that fake laughter is just as effective as real laughter.

Laugh at yourself.

Laugh with others. Associate with people who enjoy fun and laughs

Opt for humor in movies, videos, TV shows, theater productions.

Collect humorous material such as cartoons, posters, jokes, funny books, pictures, toys.

Access humor on the Internet. There are many web sites exclusively dedicated to humor.

“To lead a good life, never lose your sense of humor.The happiest people are the ones who are able to laugh at themselves.”humorlaughter.com

humorlaughter.com How can someone “draw a blank”?

• ~
    Why does your nose run and your feet smell?
  • ~

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

• ~
    Pessimist: Things couldn’t be worse.
    Optimist: Oh yes they could!
  • ~
    Did ya hear? They took the word gullible out of the dictionary!
  • ~
    A laugh is a smile that bursts.
    — Mary H. Waldrip

• By bringing about a change in our outlook toward things and events, all phenomena can become sources of happiness. ~The Dalai Lama
  • ~~~~

:

and good ol' sarcasm

robinwilliams1.jpg

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

feel free to share your funnies on this thread(:

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~d1f48ee815ac7d45959dd741ec584b5f--see-you-dad-jokes.jpgc67a4d8913f806936b99623764130776.png

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

There is a horse from California called Disguysthelimit a play on words the sky is the limit.
yadayadayada

See the source image

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Image result for Eileen Caddy

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

There is a horse from California called Disguysthelimit a play on words the sky is the limit.
yadayadayada

cdde11c6cf8c07e366a1cf024578d3c8.jpgDo you think the guy that invented the vibrator heard voices in his head saying, 'If you build it they will come.'?

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

af27d0b4e47fa906ca153fca179768b7.jpg1402892b635e2272668396f3ccc22c81.jpg

https://youtu.be/5jyAYGn5djs

a funny show from yester year

yadayadayada

76e51e0abce871ee81a35665abbba139.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to aquanimity's post:

that's great!

{from someone who actually dreads creating another password}

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

What starts with E, ends with E, and has only 1 letter in it?  Envelope.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

cfc9bb5edd604d69ab28441c324f5e34-724x1024.jpg

https://youtu.be/MMNVNRybluQ

“I am whole, perfect, strong powerful loving harmonious and happy, I can do all things through Spirit. Christ and all spiritual people throughout the course of history that strengthen me”

In response to Moonlighting's post:

COACH: How's life treating you Norm?

NORM: Like it caught me in bed with its wife

COACH: It's a little early for a beer isn't it?

NORM: So? float a cornflake in it

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

In response to Fly me to the moon's post:

Sam:Hey Norm how you doing?

Norm:Well Sam it seems to be a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

“I am whole, perfect, strong powerful loving harmonious and happy, I can do all things through Spirit. Christ and all spiritual people throughout the course of history that strengthen me”

In response to Moonlighting's post:

:)

SAM: What's going down Normie?

NORM: My butt cheeks on that bar stool

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Hey selfcare, what are some reasons laughing is good for your health?

Hmmm... let me 'think'

477ee9161cabc34a76686647a575141f.jpg

Good ones!

Thanks!

I choose to laugh often today

In response to Selfcare-LivingLifeOfEase's post:

Whoops already 'thought' of these(:

Laughter is my only option...

4a51a06672f9c2b5cc8dfb343e485545.jpg

So will I laugh lots

Its great for my life and my health

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehooooooooooooo

& off to work I go(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

3761c9ff33842764a6cb31ff777a40be.jpg

164c2d31be1673e666c758603abe22f7.jpg

This thread is too funny to be hidden for a year

yadayadayada

yadayadayada

“Within tears, find hidden laughter. Seek treasures amid ruins, sincere one.” Rumi

“Choose kindness and laugh often.” Anonymous

“Laughter is a sunbeam of the soul.” Thomas Mann

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content