login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★˚The Benefits of Being Present [S.K.King]

• ~
  • :“The Benefits of Being Present
    by Serge Kahili King
  • :excerptsFirst, we have to understand site what we mean by “being present.” It is simply being engaged physically, emotionally, and mentally in what is going on and what you are doing right now. “Right now,” of course, can mean this minute, this hour, or this day, depending on what’s going on and what you are doing and how long it takes for any of those to happen. “Being present” can include a certain practical amount of anticipating and remembering and thinking about what is going on and what you are doing.

The distinction between “being present” and “not being present” has to do with whether you are spending more time in your head or more time in experiencing. There is no hard and fast rule about that, but a rule of thumb can be that you are not being present when you lose awareness of what’s going on and what you are doing. to read more

The more present you are, the more energy you have, not only because of the relaxation, but because it allows you to put more attention on energizing activities. Deeper breathing, physical movement, eating and drinking for pleasure rather than stress relief, and accessing various sources of environmental energy (if you believe in such things) are several possibilities.

The more present you are, the more connection you have with other people. People who are present can tell when you aren’t, no matter how good you are at faking it. There is a difference in how it feels emotionally to be around you when you are present and when you are not. To some people, when you are mostly in your head it seems like you are colder and disinterested, regardless of whether you say the right words and make the right moves. Being present when you are with people is an important factor in establishing and maintaining good relationships.

The more present you are, the more confident you are and the easier it is to recall and use your skills and talents.You are also able to change life rules that aren’t working for you, to give good directions to your body, to recall good memories, to change the effects of bad ones, and to make better plans for the future.
to read more

˚The Benefits of Being Present

The Library other articles from huna.org

~~~~~~~~~~

HUNA KUPUA

The Seven Principles

The Three Selves (or Four)

The Four Levels of Reality

TO READ MORE-LINK

~~~~~~~~~~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Loved the article, I don’t know where I have been, but it definitely was not in “the present”. I have now arrived.

Nancee, very glad article was enjoyable/inspirational(: Thank you for taking the time to say so(: SelfcareJoy aka Appreciating

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

7 awesome reasons to be present

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

In response to Blue moon's post:

oh so true!(:  I too believe we do ourselves a disservice by measuring ourselves by our productivity versus our presence. I also believe productivity gets a bad rap, and productivity needs to be a prominent intention in ones life

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Actually I also believe in that being present is very important to live a life with ease and peace. To live life beautifully motivation is also the biggest aspect I believe.

http://www.motivationdoor.com/

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content