login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Why i try not to judge others

To me, the important thing is not to judge others for whatever their behavior. The reason I think it's important is, when we do we are just creating and sustaining that kind of energy and judgementness in our own personal reality. I believe everything we think is reciprocal. With every judgemental thought, we reap what we sow. We cause others to become judgemental of us.

Wouldn't the lovely thing to do be, to show them love and kindness instead?

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

TAKING INVENTORY AND JUDGING BASICALLY MEAN THE SAME THING.
I’M KIND OF BUSY WITH MY IVENTORY,HOWEVER SOMETIMES IT’S NECESSARY TO
JUDGE OTHERS ON OCCASION.
BASICALLY I LOOK THE OTHER WAY IF POSSIBLE.

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

I personally prefer the energy that is created… when I allow my senses to be toward appreciating. It assists my daily process…toward all I say I want. Of course, some things won’t fit…So I lean toward what does…and that assists…each time.

• ** Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well. Voltaire
  • ** Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷThe goal of childhood is to become an individual; the goal of adulthood is to give that individuality away. The task of childhood is to separate; the task of adulthood is to connect. James W. Jones

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I TRY NOT TO JUDGE OTHERS BECAUSE IT’S BASICALLY AN ACT OF FUTILITY.
KIND OF LIKE IF I AM CRITICAL OR JUDGEMENTAL,I’M GIVING THEM A PLACE IN MY MIND,THAT COULD BE USED FOR MORE PRODUCTIVE PURPOSES.

The Book of Matthew Chapter 7 speaks of judging others.

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

I WILL NEVER BE NOR WANT TO BE A SAINT.
BUT I THINK JUDGING OTHERS IS LIKE SPINNING YOUR TIRES IN THE SNOW.
GOING NOWHERE FAST.

No judgment, appreciation, we are all different, like a beautiful bouquet of flowers. We are all “fearfully and wonderfully made”, each with a special purpose. You do not see the dandelion judging the rose, the sheer beauty of the bouquet is glorious jewels of nature arranged one to the next, each one is beautiful on their own, but coming together they create something spectacular, and so it is with us. :)

I’m going to be a little contrarian here. I think part of being human is making judgments. It doesn’t mean we have to be cruel, but, judgment is a necessity for living life. Recognition and acceptance of reality is important, but, accepting something for what it is and approving of something regardless of what it is are different things.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

NOW I KNOW THIS IS A DEEP,SPIRITUAL,ANSWER FROM SOME GALAXIE
OUTSIDE OF THIS SOLAR SYSTEM PERHAPS.
WHEN I PONDER THAT QUESTION,WHY I TRY NOT TO JUDGE OTHERS?
I THINK ARISTOTLE ONCE SAIDBECAUSE I COULD BE WRONG,MY EGO IS SO
GIGANTIC IT WOULD RATHER REMAIN IMPARTIAL,THAT WAY I AVOID THE RISK
OF BEING WRONG

Here are some thoughts I had concerning judging.

Someone recently told me about what it is like out at our county jail for people who can’t make bail or for what ever reason get put in the “general population” out there and also comment about a person with serious mental problems who was out there and was put in a “special” place for those people.

People who are put in the “general population” are put in a huge room that looks like something out of a horror movie. Picture one of those movies with the dim florescent lights at an abandoned mental hospital. Putrid colored walls. Hard to see. Instead of being abandoned, though, the floor is covered with people on burlap mats. Nothing to do but sit there waiting for the next “meal time”. You drink water. You try to stay quiet and draw no attention to yourself.

Okay, now picture another part of the prison. A part with no one there but one person who is in a cell by himself talking to himself. A schizophrenic. No one to check on him and no one cares.

How do we judge such people? Well, I think we have to have a lot of compassion for those people, but, isn’t part of compassion letting people learn from mistakes. Actions have consequences. Now this topic is complex and I don’t know quite where I stand regarding it, but, I can’t help but think there is a culture thriving in this country and others too I’m sure that very much needs to be judged, understood and judged. We seem to be living in a time where victimhood is the new black. When our universities teach the youth that everyone is a victim, then there is no such thing as a real victim. Real victims of broken homes are marginalized. It is, to me, the same thing when people make claims that the United States has a serious racism issue. If everyone is racist, then no one is racist. So, back to the “judging” thing. Judging others is hard, but, I think necessary to some degree, but, you can’t understand what someone else’s experience has been. In many ways you might as well be trying to judge the actions of an alien from another world whose laws of physics are different than ours. Broken homes can cause broken people. Imagine how unfair life is for a child trying to cope in a home with a missing parent, or a parent with substance abuse problems or even just kids of parents who don’t love each other. Those kids grow up with very real problems that they simply aren’t equipped to handle and many have no support system. I asked a philosopher, a real one, what he would do to help a kid in such a situation. What philosophy might help them. He said, “If I wanted to help such a teen, I might point them to the Stoics, but, what such a kid needs more than anything is a real friend”. I agree. I see our current culture, our system that teaches that everyone is a victim and a system that tells everyone that their situation is “because of the rich” or “everyone is racist” as being a villainous culture and one that breeds misery. I realize I am rambling, but, I just wanted to put some thoughts down.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

By the way, I like the picture of the little monkeys hugging. That is what is needed to really help those who are falling through the cracks in our society. Love. So many are hurting and the medicine is love, not finger pointing. Am I trying to have it both way? I don’t think so. Sometimes pointing a finger and saying “something is very wrong here” is the right thing to do. I’m not trying to say “judge” on one hand and “don’t judge” on the other. I’m saying weigh both things, the people and their circumstances with compassion and understanding and love” and also examine the culture itself critically to evaluate what is wrong. If something is failing, let us declare that it is a failure and try something new.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

My thought is I will never arrive at a place of perfection,saintly and so on.
Best that I will do is keep practicing,and when i judge others appropriately
or otherwise remember this is not a contest or competition.

In response to aquanimity's post: In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm's post: In response to Nancee1953's post: In response to Selfcare-LivingLifeOfEase's post

Watch how you mind judges. Judgement comes, in part, out of your own fear. You judge other people because you're not comfortable in your own being. By judging, you find out where you stand in relation to other people. The judging mind is very divisive. It seperates. Separation closes your heart. If you close your heart to someone, you are perpetuating your suffering and theirs. Shifting out of judgment means learning to appreciate your predicament and their predicament with an open heart instead of judging. Then you can allow yourself and others to just be, without separation ~ Ram Dass

bbc481591d3017acf7c6b93ddc4bf544.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content