login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★What's your system?

I just had a request on how I organize my affirmations to make them work for me. I am reprinting this post on its own separate thread so it can be found easily.

===

I was just thinking about this very subject last night. I have a “system” that I use for my affirmations that I will share with you.

First of all, I love bmindful. This is where I log my “hot issues” – the ones that I am working on at present. It is also the ones that I feel are important to be reminded of everyday, because they are just an essential to living my life. I am not one of those who can handle too many affirmations at a time. My brain isn’t wired that way. I have to stick to an important few.

I have two index card boxes (purchased at a yard sale for 25 cents each, so we can recycle). One is for ALL of my affirmations, which I will get to later. But a very important one is for those that I have worked and worked and worked on, but not seen any success. I call it my SURRENDER BOX. The way I use it is that I write my affirmations (sometimes I word it as an issue I’m having) and I place it in the box and say this little prayer:

“Today I am going to surrender my concerns and difficulties to the Universe*. I will rest in silence and know that confusion will fall away. I will rest in the peace that I feel. I will have the courage to take the right action. I will feel at peace knowing that the way has been made clear.” Then, I forget about it and put it out of my mind – confident that the universe will resolve it for me. *You can use God, Angels, Spirit Guides, Holy White Light, whatever is your preference – but I like Universe.

Last night, I peeked into my surrender box. I was astounded at what I saw. There wasn’t one issue that hadn’t been taken care of to my satisfaction – or to my surprise – even better than what I was after. I must caution you, I wasn’t frivolous with my requests. These were things that were extremely important to me. I think that makes a difference to their success.

My other affirmations are in a separate box. I have them coded to be meaningful to me. I use color coded index cards as opposed to plain white ones. Each color has meaning to me.

As an example, green is for general life issues, such as I am at peace with what is – or – I am keeping my thoughts, language, and actions focused on what I wish to attract.

For my pink cards, I give myself instructions. Such as Take Action on your Affirmations (ie, action follows talk) or Pay Attention (ie for the universe to give me clues on how to achieve my affirmations).

Some days, I don’t know what to focus on. So, I have orange cards that I randomly choose and read. They say things like Inspiration – or – Trust – or – Change. These are general directions that I want to take on my affirmations.

My yellow cards are Life’s Little Instructions. On these cards, I have reminders, such as “Take Care of Yourself. Breathe. Get back into your body.” – or – “Simplify any way you can” – or – “Trust the process.” I use them to keep me focused on how I can achieve my affirmations.

Of course, I have purple cards for actual affirmations such as “Today I will meet good people” – or – “I authorize myself to accept the abundance and wealth I deserve”. I have dividers for what the issue is such as weight loss, finances, love, etc. I don’t do everything at once. I focus on whatever resonates with me at the time.

Everyone has their own “system”, but I thought I’d share a brief synopsis of mine. Maybe something in there will resonate with you.

Peace! MM

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Hi MM!
This is a truly amazing system and thankyou so much for sharing this with us!
I dont know if I could be as organised as you…perhaps I should try!!! Colours are such a great way of accessing different parts of the brain that stimulate your subconscious thinking – as are smells – a you wrote in another thread. All these senses are so powerful at connecting to the subconscious – thats why hypnotists and visual affirmations always suggest you should feel the textures, smell the aromas, see the colours of your dreams as they manifest more succesfully. You know I think you are great. I will endeavour to find a system….my system is a bit random at the moment!
Something that was said on Bmindful recently (I think it was Lee in ‘affirmations dont work’?? – not sure) was that it isnt enough to say your morning affirmation once in the mirror then go off to work and start having negative thoughts about the people, places or things around you because they are affirmations too. Similarly, taking a quick glance at your vision board every morning doesnt to the job – you have to live it and truly feel and BE it!!

This has certainly given me food for thought about re-structuring what I am asking the universe for – Its there to be had, right? We just have to know HOW to ask and affirm effectively!

Hope things are good for you at the moment and looking forward to your hubby returning!
Love and blessings,
Anoushka x

A full and thankful heart..

In response to anoushka_f’s post:

I can always count on you to give me such sweet words! Thank you so much. I’m not sure if its organized or “obsessive compulsive disorder” as my sisters call it! :)

I think we each learn in different ways. I always love to hear how people go about doing their affirmations. I’ve been toying with creating a new method by putting together a 3-ring binder (much like I use to track my household bills) and using dividers for my subjects and utilize more visualization (print outs) to see if it works better. I have tons of colored paper that I can still color-code, but I’m going to maybe add more pictures – like in the spirit of the vision board. Plus, then, I could get crazy with fonts and really make it visually pleasing…kind of an affirmation scrap book.

I’ve been doing the same system for about three years now, so maybe it is time to revamp and test the waters of a new way. ;)

Take Care!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

wherever you are MM …blessings(:

enjoyed this helpful thread then & now!40-beautiful-and-meaningful-affirmations-to-boost-your-day2.jpg?w=620&h=318

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to meditatingmama's post:

using-affirmations-effectively.jpg

great-ideas-great-thread.jpg

AWESOME POST

affirmation.png?w=195&h=258&crop=1

See the source image

While I love the surrender box technique of MM, 

and will definitely get to that, 

I have one I am working on, and will return (:

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content