login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★˚Getting Better All The Time[ Adult Brain]

˚Getting Better All The Time-Adult Brain

•  The Gift of Neuroplasticity Your brain changes all of the time. What was once described merely as learning now has a neuro- label: neuroplasticity. Neuroplasticity is notion that mental experiences and mindfulness can change the actual structure and function of the brain. The idea of neuroplasticity is good news because it means we can change and grow up until our very last days of existence. It can also be bad news if we don’t attempt to direct our brain toward experiences that will change our brain for the better. to read more

• To Harness Neuroplasticity -Start With Enthusiasm The impli­ca­tions of neu­ro­plas­tic­ity are enormous: we have the ability to keep our brains sharp, effec­tive and capa­ble of learn­ing new skills well into our 90s, if we pro­tect our brains from damaging habits and give them ongo­ing stim­u­la­tion and appro­pri­ate fuel. One way to illustrate this is to think of the brain and mind as a large boat, complete with cap­tain and crew, sailing the ocean blue.
  • Developing Brain Increasing Intelligence Each and every one of our negative habits, be they thinking habits, behavioral habits, or emotional habits, we can condition ourselves out of by creating new habits through repetition. Not only does this have an effect on who we are and who we become, but it also has an effect on our biology, specifically, our brain and is therefore an effective method of increasing intelligence.

so what kinds of wonderful things can we put together RE:Not Getting Older/Getting Better? My thoughts coming soon. ..

feel free to add some of your own…
THANKS FOR VISITING. AsAlwaysAppreciating˚

eb11904c7f25720dd95e908e7dc02f96--quotes-about-art-creativity-quotes.jpg

mastering creativity James Clear
other articles by James Clear coming soon…

According to the Secret Life Of The Grown-up Brain, by science writer Barbara Strauch, when it comes to the important stuff, our brains actually get better with age. In fact, she argues that a raft of new studies have found that our brain hits its peak between our 40s and 60s – much later than previously thought.
to read article in full

Older and Wiser? There is hope for aging baby boomers.

The Adult Brain By Laurie Bartels
1. CHALLENGE YOURSELF WITH NEW LEARNING
expertise.
2. NEUROPLASTICITY & NEUROGENESIS ARE HALLMARKS OF OUR BRAINS
3. CHECK FOR MIS-LEARNING ON AN ONGOING BASIS

4. MORE VISUALS, LESS TEXT

5. MOVE IT! MOVE IT! MOVE IT!

© 2014 SharpBrains. 

“TO READ THIS ARTICLE to read article

• ~ engage and challenge ourselves in areas outside subjects studied
  • ~ our brains do generate new brain cells even as adults.
  • ~ brains process 40 to 60 percent visually.
  • ~ Ratey says that thinking is the internalization of movement. Indeed, exercise pro­motes brain plasticity and can help lessen the risk of devel­op­ing demen­tia. Given what we know about the mul­ti­lay­ered benefits of exercise, it is beyond me why more schools and businesses have yet to adapt a movement mentality.

Affirmations & Self Reflection Questions

to be joyously continued…

24 Rules For Becoming an Adult Prodigy found a link by reading a different link on a thread of another member
The takeaway to all this is that adult prodigies succeed because they’re able to work past two fundamental barriers: 1) the wall of belief that they can’t do it; and 2) the grid of adult routines that keep them from spending time working intensively to improve skills. In other words, it’s not so much about your “natural talents,” as it is about your mindset and your habits. From the New Scientist piece read more

How We Learn NY Times Review – book entitled: How We Learn The softer approach, which he jokingly refers to as “freeing the inner slacker,” worked well enough for him to eventually obtain degrees in mathematics and journalism before landing at The Times in 2004. Now he has devoted his considerable reporting chops to uncovering the scientific basis of how learning actually occurs, and how we can make the most of our brain’s natural proclivities: A nap is not just an hour or two of lost study time; sleep actually enhances learning. Daydreaming and distraction are good ways to generate creative solutions to difficult problems. to read more

brain-fitness/physical-exercise
Physical exercise is not only important for your body’s health- it also helps your brain stay sharp. to read more

this thread is from early 2015… feel free to share anything related to the brain and/or your adult brain getting better all of the time(: may revise some of the above/maybe not(: Just have fun sharing/reading if you so desire

• ~
      REWIRE YOUR BRAIN: THE SCIENCE BEHIND AFFIRMATIONS
      Evidence-based research shows that affirmations, like prayer, actually change the brain on a cellular level—in other words, what you think about matters—a lot. “Thoughts have a direct connection to your health,” says Dr. Joseph Dispenza, author of Physics, the Brain and Your Reality:
      “Thoughts make a chemical. If you have happy thoughts, then you’re producing chemicals that make you feel happy. Negative, angry thoughts and fearful thoughts also produce chemicals to make you feel how you’re thinking.”
      to read more ecosystem/get-rid-of-fear-and-pain-once-and-for-all

http://www.peacelovelunges.com/

• ~~~~~~~~~

the link in intro not working – here it is To Harness Neuroplasticity -Start With ***Enthusiasm*** The impli­ca­tions of neu­ro­plas­tic­ity are enormous: we have the ability to keep our brains sharp, effec­tive and capa­ble of learn­ing new skills well into our 90s, if we pro­tect our brains from damaging habits and give them ongo­ing stim­u­la­tion and appropriate fuel. One way to illustrate this is to think of the brain and mind as a large boat, complete with cap­tain and crew, sailing the ocean blue. I’ll move to top later

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to SelfCare/AppreciationView˚‘s post:

THIS!!

Love it!

I love to exercise my mind and make it work for me, make use of it not allow it to use me. I like to share the things just like what this site iz all about and often get next to no response from others on any social network I will share them on. Yet when I used to share things that made me feel fear, that I felt I had to make people aware so we could fight back and spread my fear to others they would respond to such things in mass. Then I learned what you resist persists and that definitely was true from my long experience in fighting anything. It never went away, it only got bigger.

I still use social media but I keep it to a minimum and tend to spend more of my time online feeding my mind things like what this site has to offer, spending time with communities like bmindful, reading articles on sites that expand my mind with different perspectives, as well as watching informative thought provoking videos. I read a lot so I like to share those things on my social networks when I do use them but most are not interested in such things.

So if anyone here on bmindful iz interested in these type of things that expand your mind and use Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter then let’s connect here and on those as well. I’m trying to surround myself with people who are more interested in things like this and not so consumed with all the fear based content that iz out there in abundance. To each their own, but I just want to focus on things that truly bring me joy and there iz an abundance of that as well. It comes down to our choices of what we want to experience and I want to experience the joys of life, empowerment, inspiration, the arts, creativity, positivity, unconditional love, using the imagination, and the like…if that’s you then know that we are already friends and of the same vibe tribe.

Just let me know where to find you and I’ll send you a request.

Another a couple of sites for exercising your brain I really like to make use of that also have smartphone apps available are Lumosity and FitBrains .

There’s no such thing as fiction. Our experiences are constructed within our own imagination. What we believe iz possible iz what we’ll experience. The life we’re living now iz only imagined in some of the minds of other infinite parallel versions of you.

In response to iZUHM THA iNFiNiTE’s post:
In response to SelfCare/AppreciationView˚‘s post:

Thank you Self Care, this is a brilliant thread!!

And thank you also Izuhm, I love your enthusiasm!

Intelligence is our’s to choose to tap into. There is so much that we have yet to tap into, including tapping into our natural creativity! We are so fortunate, we have the entire world at our fingertips with the availability of the internet!! It makes studying and learning endless!!

And, Izuhm, I feel your joy and your enthusiasm, and I love what you said about “it comes down to choice of what we want to experience”, you are correct!!

We are all powerful; creators!! We are incredibly powerful beings, and we are all setting about, creating legacy!!

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content