login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Appearance ( Affirming, Doing & Enjoying)

• This thread is for focusing on the overview-plan of your goals for your appearance-goals,let’s reinforce that next right action toward your desired results. It is about accountability, decisions/choices, health behavior and mind set.

I often see in the affirmations the way members would like to look with physical appearance. It makes me wonder what footwork is being done to keep that area where there is real comfort. Sometimes, even talking about it sounds vain, though if it interests you even a little, you need routines to make sure its taken care of. I find the more you really care for yourself on the inside, the more the outside becomes more important too. It’s true that some only care about the outside, but my gut says that’s not the case with our community.

We know a healthy lifestyle eating well and exercise is a first and foremost foundation to many things including appearance. Let’s keep this thread devoted to an area for personal appearance;tips and tools.

Jak-si-jednoduchym-trikem-vytvorite-krasne-kudrnate-vlasy-na-cely-den-I_928?wdt=700&hgt=455

hair-affirmationn1.png

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Funny I was just thinking about this today. It’s only been in the last couple of years that I’ve really started to consider my appearance. And I’m not talking about wearing the latest fashion but just dressing in the most appropriate clothes that suit me, and getting my hair cut regularly and taking a little more care.

Style is easy for some, and I’ve always lacked confidence in that area, but I kind of researched for a while on colours & clothing for different shapes. Colour helps, if I wear the right colour people say “you look great today”. They say you’re either born with style or not, but a little guidence can help alot.

I’ve learnt alot from Trinny & Susannah, do you know who I’m talking about? I’m all for a bit of makeup and right style of shoe to give you an inner lift – no surgery required!

Sometimes putting on something that makes you look good, well even if you feel terrible, it can change your mood and give you confidence, and that can make you feel better. It’s not vain to want to feel your best.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

In response to Vivi used to be focused but now she’s ????‘s post:

-Thanks for your post(smiles). Who are Trinny & Susannah? You’re right! Putting on something that suits you can make you feel pretty great, and I know it isn’t vain, just not a topic I chat much about. I like being girlie-girl(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

This goes for any kind of affirmation.

It’s an unpopular view, but whilst there are stories of spontaneous manifestations of affirmations, the best way for anyone to use affirmations is simply as a reminder / motivator.

It’s simple cause and effect. Thought usually precedes action, so using affirmations to inspire you to act is a great way to achieve your goals.

Like I said though, that isn’t to say that simply affirming something won’t manifest favorable circumstances or even the exact outcome that you are after, but as far as repeatable results are concerned, there’s no better way to achieve a goal than to make it inevitable by taking action.

This is especially true when affirming things about your weight or fitness level. Whilst it’s true that visualizing yourself going for a run will actually stimulate the appropriate muscles, you still cannot substitute visualizations for the actual exercise.

Of course visualizing a complex task over and over again might help you become familiar with the specifics of that particular task, but in my humble opinion, visualizing yourself doing fitness training or affirming that you’ll loose weight will be as effective as visualizing a nice home cooked meal will be at satisfying your hunger.

It might have some effect, but eventually you’ll need to get up and actually eat something substantial! (or go for a run, or do some stretches or whatever it is)

Of course there are people that meditate under a tree for years on end without stopping for food, but I’m talking about repeatable results for you and I, at least right now in our unenlightened state of being.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

You’re right, Lee, affirmations are wonderful motivators. And like you said, they are often like prayers to the Universe the way things manifest by expressing things w/emotion. And yes, no footwork to go w/these lovely thoughts, might as well be thinking of making it to work on time, and just go back to bed, and see what manifests there LOL.

For myself, to say I was going to work on primping more (checking out the ‘old’ wardrobe, hairdo and cosmetics), was very helpful. I never talk about such thngs, so in essense it has been affirming w/a purpose toward action.

And I mean ol’ wardrobe. I never go to the store looking for clothes. and trust me when decades are flying by, LOL, it is time to reassess the wardrobe LOL(: Too bad I gave away all of my ol’ bellbottoms, they’re expensive today(:
Because I’m so opposed to focusing on the ‘insignificant’, this ‘looks-thing’ started to hang out and found a place to linger in my mind. I may find out the look, I’ve stayed with is just fine, but I’d like to play a little(:

Though, one example of don’t fix it if it isn’t broken-in re:to looks:
I hear positive things regularly about my hair, and I was glad it was low maintenance (no mousse and gels etc!) Though, nooooo, I had to listen to a couple of indiv. who had decided I wasn’t current enough and cut it up a bit(: Oh well, it’s a cute look, and hair grows back ->LOL

———-
Though beyond external appearance and more toward->health and fitness:
this site is very affirming in staying focused and doing the next right thing.
The external-appearance thing is just part of my big picture of things, and sometimes felt the ideas were cluttering my mind. So this is just me focusing on another piece of my picture.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie’s post:
Laurie Trinny and susananah are 2 Ladies who give out advice on how to dress for your Shape/height/age. Theyve been on TV in the Uk and are quite well known here.

enjoy life!

Trinny & Susannah – here’s their website Their show was called ‘What Not to Wear’
Saw them on Ophrah too. They can be quite harsh, they are brutally honest, which sometimes our friends aren’t when we ask opinions.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

I only just found the website then – I used to watch when it was on TV. They did a couple books which I found really useful – and that exact info is now on the website. I like “the rules” – it brings a certain science to why some clothes just look bad, though look good on others. To understand how a hem length on trousers can affect the whole look opened up a whole new world for shopping confidence for me!

And some would say who cares, but for me if I think I dress OK it frees up some mind space for much more important things (like what’s for dinner ;). AND it doesn’t have to cost much money – wise choices are good economics, rather than buying the wrong thing & never wearing it. I have a friend (born with style) who regularly picks up great clothes for me in thrift shops costing next to nothing and become my most worn items, because she has good instinct for what suits.

Anyway I loved that TV show because it transformed people who were so unhappy & unconfident, and although we know beauty is only skin deep, how we feel on the inside shows on the outside, and sometimes if the outside can be slightly rearranged it can allow the inner beauty to shine.

I wear a lot of recycled clothes, only 10% of what I own started off new off the shelf.

The only think I don’t buy recycled are my undies :) I don’t want to think about that… LOL!

I have noticed in the last year I wear A LOT of green. Was it by choice? Not sure, they just came to me randomly, given, swapped, picked up from the tip shop… But now I have enough green to wear all green several days in a row!

Could this be an affirmation coming out in my clothing colour? I have been working on health and abundance LOTS in the last year. I think perhaps my subconscious has picked it up.

Focus

Weight shifts. Even if you’re petite, and especially if you are petite-> just a 5 pound difference can feel “large”. Those bikini days are a just little harder to maintain as we once did…(:

I do what I can to eat 4-6 small nutritious meals. Meals really have to be planned to be purchased, prepared and fit them in when I’m not at home/or even when I am. Today, is a food planning day, and then off to the store.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie- does first things first~‘s post:
I know what you’re saying, I’m small and a couple of kilos extra is obvious on my frame, whereas my tall friends can carry heaps of extra weight. I don’t want my width to catch up to my height (then I’ll look like a cube), so it’s early morning exercise for me.

In response to laurie- does first things first~‘s post:
In response to Vivi exercises daily!‘s post:
On this positive side to being petite – wheN you drop a couple of pounds or tone some areas up from the slightest extra activity, its really noticeable and you see the results very quickly!!! ;o)

A full and thankful heart..

In response to anoushka_f’s post:
Good point, you positive thinker! (smiles)

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Beauty Affirmations

• The clothing I wear reflects my beauty and elegance.

I-honor-my-body.jpg

• While exercising, I push my body and marvel at the many ways it can bend, stretch, pose, move and breatheI-am-beautiful-and-alive.jpg
  • I am good, alive and active.

I-am-beautiful-warm-hearted-and-intelligent.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content