login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★The Transformative Power of Gratitude(articles,videos,music)

d8c97b215398509c5bbc82cef0e5f166--words-of-gratitude-attitude-of-gratitude.jpg

wpid-quote-from-carl-jung-one-looks-back-with.jpg

Don't Go Changin' 

Mraz I’m Yours

Jack Johnson

Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell Your Precious Love

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aerosmith- I don’t Want To Miss A Thing & Lyrics

Lots of great love songs back in the day. I believe we got away from them because many loving people forgot they need to love themselves at least a hair more than those they cherish the most with their whole heart. 

• What makes interconnections healthy is interdependency – not codependency. Paradoxically, interdependency requires two people capable of autonomy – the ability to function independently. When couples love each other, it’s normal to feel attached, desire closeness, be concerned for one another, and to depend upon each other. Their lives are intertwined, and they’re affected by and need each other. However, they share power equally and take responsibility for their own feelings and actions and contribution to the relationship. Because they have self-esteem, they can manage their thoughts and feelings on their own and don’t have to control someone else to feel okay. They can allow for each others’ differences and honor one another’s separateness. Thus, they’re not afraid to be honest and can listen to their partner’s feelings and needs without feeling guilty or becoming defensive. Since their self-esteem doesn’t depend upon their partner, they don’t fear intimacy, and independence doesn’t threaten the relationship. In fact, the relationship gives them each more freedom. There’s mutual respect and support for one another’s personal goals, but both are committed to the relationship. Darlene Lancer JD, MFT
  • ~~~~~~~~~~

Gratitude Is a Practice [Dr.Brene Brown-Oprah]

•  video Dr. Brene Brown Dr. Brene Brown and Oprah article and
    • ►• video topic: Joy Is ‘The Most Terrifying, Difficult Emotion’ Joy/Gratitude (•‿• )
      Truly joyful people, Dr. Brown says, do not allow fear to take away from fully experiencing joy. “They don’t say, ‘That’s a shudder of terror about feeling joyful. I’m going to dress-rehearse tragedy,’” she says. “They say, ‘I’m going to practice gratitude… Gratitude is a practice. It is tangible.’” Dr. Brene Brown

• “Practicing gratitude helps people extract the most out of life,” Emmons says. “People can also experience an overall shift to a more benevolent view of the world. I think it’s kind of a spiritual shift for some people because it makes them more aware of life as a gift.”
    To help strengthen my own “gratitude muscle,” I asked Emmons and several inspiring practitioners to share their suggestions. Here are daily practices anyone can try.
  • from page 2-read article in its entirety
  • page 1 of article
    Copyright © Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved
    Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/Wellness/Gratitude/The-Transformative-Power-Of-Gratitude.aspx?p=2#4De4q1Q37JFF1QcE.99
    http://www.beliefnet.com
 9b9efef83599db987554bfb1f0864bb6--appreciation-quotes-little-things.jpg