login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Clarity w/Goals

Here’s a place we can share a bit more about our direction and desires.

For some, it will be a detailed response, others a generality. It’s all good.For example, if you are working towards increasing your finances, disciplining yourself more with exercise or meals, or any goal or desire, share it here. In addition-> the support will boost chances of all members being more specifically understood and getting more of everyones wisdom.

Looking forward to getting this thread movin’

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I am a 58 year old educational administrator. I have studied children all my adult life and tried to help them learn how to get the things they want and need when they don’t know what it is they want or need. I have helped quite a few adults with the same problem. I fancy myself somewhat as a life coach. I see myself as reflective and intuitive and I enjoy helping others. (probably not as specific as you wanted Laurie, but it is what I do well and have to offer)

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

perfect. As you like Poppy, you can come back and add things, as things crop up. But yes, that’s perfect! Thanks for sharing(: And I will remember what you said, and keep it mind when you post(: ..we must’ve started writing at same time(:
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I’m a pretty joyous person, who does my best to find the best in every situation. What isn’t the way I like it, I make plans with the resources I have to make changes. I like looking things I have to change square in the face. To like looking at things square in the face, doesn’t mean that it feels great all of the time; just excited about knowing I have the power to improve things no matter how long it takes. I love using affirmations->written and (ones I say to myself), to change my perception to work in my favor for short and long run things.

Areas I’m Working On
1. Health Making my workouts filled with more quality and quantity (as I did in the recent past or better, better better) (smiles)
2. Health Maintain my healthy meal plans and delicious where it fits my needs and desires
3. Finance To have my current job, be one I can continually grow and excel in, while continuing to network with companies or others so I can be independent (a business of my own during retirement years)-> in areas that will utilize my skills from past jobs, education and things I really enjoy in the wellness field. In addition I am just starting to open myself up to making lots of money!!! THIS IS NEW TO ME. It’s new because I enjoy things that money doesn’t enter into. Therefore I haven’t put as much attention into making big money. I’m ready for that kind of comfort now.
4. Environment Keep my home organized, and create more space (atmosphere of growth, creativity and love)
5. People Continue to nurture existing relationships (particularily my hubby, and across the miles-family and friends) and nurture relationships with the new friends I meet.
6. Last but not least Spirituality Being true to myself and to my understanding of God. And work on doing what it takes to be better better better daily(: _____________
soon to be updated…written in 2009

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I’m trying to come up with a really, really good affirmation to help me find a job that will help me fulfill my purpose. I plan on heading down to NZ soon and I can’t help myself, I’m full of doubts. I looked up the website for WETA; I’m sure I would fit in there, but I can’t get a job there unless a NZ resident isn’t qualified and they get all kinds of applications. I’m a very creative person, and I know my personal fulfillment will be in a job that allows for that. I’m really drawn to music and the arts. I’m not about money, I’m about learning and sharing. I can work tirelessly on projects. When I finish a job, I’m ready to move on to the next. I can focus intensely on the job at hand, and work well by myself. I love being in nature. Do any of you have any NZ connections or ideas where I could send a resume.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In re:to purpose finding, have you ever done any exercises using transferrable skills?

1. action verbs for various jobs for good resumes

2.identifying keywords for your resume

3. If you love taking tests to learn about yourself, check this out

4. Plotting the Story of your ideal career

5. A favorite site of mine regarding self help with careers

6. Above is a great site, but not as easy to navigate it as it once was. Here is their search engine

7. From above site, a book on line, chapter by chapter, words to get hired by
8. Transferrable skills for right job in a bad economy

9. how to identify transferrable skills

10. showcase your transferrable skills

11. The web sites on this link looked interesting. Scroll down on the site page- I haven’t had a chance to research them. Check them out and see if any are helpful

What is WETA?
What is the job market like these days in NZ?
I agree w/the learning and survival; though the money comes in handy w/both. I’ve been fortunate, that not making money the priority has helped me do things that are in my heart. Though, it has also been a hindrance (as I gained clarity and gotten older) toward choices in doing what I what I want and when I want with doing and sharing with others because I never made it a (top)priority. I will quickly discount that idea with an affirmation(: As I continue to age well and become more clear in my hearts desire, money flows to me in abundance from all wonderful sources all of the time. There, I threw an affirmation in there lol!. Ok, now back to you MCM(:

Those are excellent traits:creativity, the arts and the passion you have for learning and sharing. Your ability to be independent, work tirelessly on projects, and ability to stick to things until you’ve finished are traits many employers would surely love! I hope this site opens up NZ connections for you(:, since going there seems to be so meaningful to you!!(:
I’m sure all agree on this site, that they wish you the best w/all of your endeavors. And, I hope by others being more tuned into your desires at this time, that support and ideas come rushing your way(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I am a full time Mum dedicating my time always to give my children the love and attention I never had when I was young. My goal is to break the cycle of abuse with it been verbal/physical. I am a surviour and I am so proud of myself that I have the power inside me to say NO and make changes work for me and my family through positiveness.

The areas that is getting worked on at this moment is Anger – My partner is helping himself work through his anger. I am so proud of him that he is willing to make changes for himself and for us as a family. :-) We are heading in the right direction for a stable, secure, loving relationship, exactly what I have always wanted for us. It is a nice feeling that we are walking side by side holding hands.

Doing my best to becoming a better, much better parent, lover, friend, aunty, sister, cousin etc etc, nuture everyone and anyone with love and understanding.

Health wise, I am a gym fantic, I love toned bodies and find them attractive. It was so good to get back to the gym today, my goal is to lose .4 of body fat cause I am .4 away from having a toned body! Yee Haa for Me! 6 days a week of hardout exercise for 6 weeks will certaintly get me there maybe even less so. My instructor asked me what weight am I heading for? I replied where ever my body takes me. So cool! Through dedication and hard work the dream for a healthy body does come true.

I am going to be working more on finding the time for meditation at least 20 minutes each night. I have been neglecting this area for a long time now.

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

In response to Pure Essence’s post:
Thanks so much for sharing all you have on this thread! It’s my hope (and I’m sure the hope of our bmindful community), that by expressing all you have, you will receive strong compassionate support and wonderful thoughts and ideas for your worthy goals(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie’s post:

Oh thankyou so much Laurie! :-) I am wrapt I am back to Bmindful forums, I have alot of catching up to do! I wish you exactly the same Laurie, you are an amazing lady, I admire you so much for what you have done for us here on Bmindful!

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

In response to Pure Essence’s post:
Thanks PE. That was very kind and meaningful(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Im working on being the best mum and wife I can be and also continue to work on my self-esteem which is an ongoing thing. Your thread Laurie has also reminded me that need to work on health and keep up with housework as well

enjoy life!

Hello everyone,

At this point in my life I am always looking for things that make me laugh and stories of people who have overcome great odds and have been successful. For me success means happiness, peace and health. I still do have challenges with self esteem and what others think about me.

To me if these things don’t bother you, then you are truly free. I am a singer and love all types of music. Recently people have requested for me to sing songs by Janis Joplin. Yesterday I went to a restaurant and sang “Piece of My Heart” I was given a standing ovation and it felt great. There is always someone who has to say something negative and that hurts me. Then I feel nervous around that person because they sometimes go to the same places I go to.

Yet I don’t focus on the standing ovation. That’s my greatest challenge. Focusing on any negative remarks. What I have realised is that it is getting a little better by stating an affirmation to myself. In the past I would think about a negative remark someone said to me and think about it all day. Now it lasts a few hours then consider the source and go about my day it will creep in from time to time. All suggestions are very well accepted. Thank you all in advance.

Peace, love and happiness,
Mary

In response to godscreation’s post:
I’m in a huge hurry for work, though I wanted to say thanks for sharing what you have (here) to the communinity. I am sure your words will go from here to God’s ears, Godscreation(:.

You don’t know how much I’d love to see and or hear you singing Piece of My Heart by Janis Joplin! It must’ve been awesome. You’re awesome!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thank you Laurie you are awesome too! @};- (a rose for you).

In response to best78’s post: To the Awesome Mum and Wife:
Hope today was everything you wanted it to be(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Godscreaton:In my job, parents, students and teachers are often upset with me. They are mad for one reason or another and it is often easier to take it out on me rather than accept responsibility for their actions or words. It would be easy for me to feel bad personally, because they are sometimes very upset with the situation. When this happens, I re-frame what is going on. Was I the one who mis-spoke or acted in an unkind way? No! So I simply do not own or accept the problem. My self-esteem is not dependent on what others think. The only person who can make me feel bad about me is me. So when others say hurtful things to me or accuse me of being whatever, I simply ask myself a simple question? Is it true, if it is,I take corrective measures and try to make ammends. If it is not true, then I just let it be okay for them to express their hurt or disappointment, or anger or whatever they are feeling. I try to find some common ground and let them see that I have the highest respect and regards for both them and their problem and let them know I am there to help and not hurt. Almost all negativity is easily deflected if you simply ask yourself, is it true? My advise is to always treat people with dignity and respect, especially when they are trying to project negativity on you.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

In response to Poppy post:

Excellent information it really sounds like a good idea. That is something I can use. What I am thinking about is why do they act like that and why at me? Focusing on the rudeness is my problem and taking it personally. I posted a couple of weeks ago “The art of not being offended. It’s an excellent post. That’s what I forget to do because I am feeling hurt. To stop and think, “does this really have anything to do with me?” It is now in my memory banks to use.

Peace and happiness,
Mary

In response to Poppy’s post:

I love all you have said too Poppy, I saw myself in you in regards to what you said “They are mad for one reason or another and it is often easier to take it out on me rather than accept responsibility for their actions or words.” Thats exactly what I came across in my life.

I had trouble asking myself questions whether it was me or them cause it was very hard to see nor think straight when one gets it all the time. When I was confronted by negitive energy all the time, I could feel it bouncing backwards and forwards, my mind goes ninetly to a dozen, all over the place. Its not a nice feeling at all and very confusing.

Now that I am more secure in myself I am able to do what you are doing now, asking myself your question.

I admire you Poppy! You are one special lady! ((big cuddle))

Hi ALL :)

I’ve been off traveling around Australia a bit and will be again in a few weeks. I only check in occasionally these days. It’s nice to read about you guys :)

Laurie, I feel like I know you like a friend – your willingness to share your life here is a great example to me and is timely in what is happening to me in my life right now.

MCM – I hope to be in NZ for summer (dec/jan/feb) next year to just “hang out”. I have friends in NZ who are in a similar position to you, looking for work to obtain residency (so they can come back to Australia!) – if I hear of any contacts or opportunities for this, I will let you know!

Best78 – Keep the energy up in doing your work, remember to be gentle on yourself because being the “best mum” is not always easy – I find that I go in cycles of learning, my son is my an awesome teacher, he reveals things in me. That, I am grateful for.

Poppy – great post on taking on what is yours and leaving behind what is not.

I’ll post more later, I’m due at the cafe for a meeting with a good friend for a nice HOT soy latte. Cos it’s cold here and raining. And just because I love my friend :)

Freya

Focus

In response to freygan’s post:
Very nice post(:

Hope to hear from you more on the threads, I miss you.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I’m currently working on asking for LESS!

Paul Haller calls desires unreasonable, and Thubten Pende suggests that the only way to have everything you desire, is to not desire anything in the first place.

Obviously this is easier said than done, but I’m trying by spending more time appreciating what I have, and spending less time resisting the way things are – especially when there’s little or nothing I can do about it.

“If there is a remedy, then what is the use of frustration? If there is no remedy, then what is the use of frustration?” — Śāntideva

I’m seriously trying to simplify my life and am focusing on a few core things. I’m attempting to reduce my workload so I can have more time for reading, meditation, stretching and doing everything a little slower and more completely.

This goes as far as doing less at any one time, say just eating, rather than eating and watching a documentary, and while we are talking about food even chewing slower so I can better appreciate the flavors (and probably digest things easier too) but generally just be more present in every situation.

For now at least I’ve given up on making millions. I’m not saying that I’ll never start up another business or that I’ve lost my motivation. It’s just that I’ve learned a lot from my previous projects, and for now at least, I’d rather put the efforts towards something with a little more purpose. (but don’t worry, bmindful is a part of that!)

I’ve got a lot of learning to do and I’m pushing myself in that way. I’m working on generating more productive habits. Getting up earlier, meditating and stretching at least once a day, working less hours but being more focused when I do and setting better priorities that are more geared towards the ‘greater good’ rather than just getting the job done or paying rent.

It’s a rather dramatic shift in focus for me. I’ve always considered myself fairly ‘spiritual’ but I’ve recently been made aware of just how out of touch I really am. I’ve got a lot of learning and experiencing to do, and although I’ve learned a lot about what not to do, I’ve wasted a lot of time over the last eighteen months or so and am keen to make up for that!

It’s just occurred to me that this post might make me sound a little lost! It’s true that this is somewhere I’ve never been before, but then isn’t every moment? Either way, I’ve identified where I made the wrong turn and got my bearings again, so to speak.

To extend on this probably way overused analogy, I’ve got a map book and I’m already on my way. I’ve got my destination in mind, and I’m enjoying the journey.

I still wish there were more hours in every day, but with practice I’ll get over that too. “If there is no remedy, then what is the use of frustration?”

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

In Response to Lee’s post

You know Lee you have helped to change people’s lives. When I need some encouragement and love this wonderful website you have created is a sanctuary for me. You did make your million. The positive effects that have happened here in this website have had a dominoe effect.

Ask yourself how many members have joined this website and how many people have been affected by your thoughts and ideas. Then those people carry on your work to others and those others carry it on to someone else! Now you are going to make new changes once more to affect more people. Remember Johnny Appleseed? I will put in a video of this great kind man. You too have created a change in this world. Many blessings to you.

(These two videos are cartoons. The message is a good one even if it has some relgion in it.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IASrP1-DulU Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GflhkSDAaK8&feature=related Part 2

Just when I think at last I’ve got it, something seems to come up that gets me riled up again. What seems to be happening is a metamorphosis. We are truly changing and therefore challenges will be put on our road to help us carry on with our trueselves. Sometimes it can be a bit disheartening for me, then it comes to me that I am a spiritual being have a human experience. So acquiring the path of least resistance is in order to be able to continue on our path. Until we reach the rainbow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0-um0pHTAg

Peace and love,
Mary

In response to Poppy’s post:

Hi! I know what you mean. I remind (affirm) everyday that I am a channel for unconditional love, kindness, humility and generosity. We all have our off days, and I too end up fighting with people that do not deserve it sometimes. But I don’t stay there for days anymore, a few minutes and then I realise how ridiculous I am, appologise and move on.

Love to all!
Anne

In response to Lee Nutter’s post:

Things that came to mind:

I believe you have to have a balance between appreciating what you have and desiring what you don’t. Gratitude always as a foundation.

You cannot do the footwork toward anything without clarity. It’s true too much clarity (in desiring), can make you blind to what you have, and blind to the Good which constantly keeps coming our way.

The ticket, (which often what appears contradictory) is to have both.

To me:
->it’s like knowing you need to exercise when you’ve skipped a week and appreciating your body and your routine.

->and appreciating your body and your routine! knowing you’ve kept up w/your routine and have done the physical footwork.

I totally agree the resistance thing is not only frustrating, it doesn’t work. I guess that’s why the Serenity Prayer is so appealing;which ties in with your wonderful quote you posted->“If there is a remedy, then what is the use of frustration? If there is no remedy, then what is the use of frustration?” — Śāntideva

I believe it’s core things that are mostly discussed on these threads. Sometimes what seems off track is that “less than perfect line” we follow called the journey LOL.

I’m all for simplifing. It can be a real job, until you start to see it and reap the rewards. The affirmations, again, help me keep the faith in getting there.

I love everything you said about being more present during activities!

I’ll use that today when involved in activities.

Looking forward to hearing the wisdom you’ve gained from the work you’ve been doing. Sounds like it has done wonderful things for you!!(Smiles)

Thanks for sharing the things you’re working on;
-more productive habits
-getting up earlier, meditating and stretching at least once a day, working less hours but being more focused when you do
-and setting better priorities that are more geared towards the ‘greater good’ rather than just getting the job done or paying rent”

Wonderful focus!!!Though, I’m sure you know that!!
You never sound lost!! Everything we’ve done makes our journey more enlightened. Everything we learn makes us more enlightened. OOh should I sign that? LOL

Great to see you around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You’ve been missed.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In Response to Lee’s post:

I agree with godscreation and laurie. You have made a million—- positive effects for people you don’t even know. You are changing the world one person at a time. I think most bmindfulers are doing the same—-and you started it all. Sometimes having a map and knowing where you are going is important and sometimes, just being on the journey is the most important thing. Destinations are only temporary places people arrive at. Journeys are sometimes much more important because of the people you meet along the way. To me, where you are going is not important, I am just thankful you are allowing me and so many others to go along for the ride with you. Again Thanks For All You Do!

You are so right! Balance is the key word for me. I think of myself as a triangle. Each side represents parts of myself. One side is the spiritual side, one is the emotional side and the other is the physical side. I can choose to rotate to any side I want to be on at any given time, but I never want to be off balanced and on the tip of one of the sides. Insightful post!

I wish I had more time to read everyone’s posts on every thread!

I agree there is a balance – for everything… A pendulum must swing both ways until it is bought to rest in the middle Something that I keep in mind when I go to the extremes, knowing that what I am doing at the time is the right thing to do, because my actions/thoughts are getting me there :)

Focus

WETA is a company that does all kinds of creative work for the film industry. It’s based in New Zealand. I would dearly, dearly love to get a job there, but they don’t just hand them out to everyone. I think there are a lot of very talented people who want to work there. I hope to find something that will let me express my creativity. I may be hitting some of you up for some opinions on my resume. I am thinking of writing to several places in New Zealand before I get down there, WETA and some recording studios. I would love, love, love to work in a job where I got to create music. I would love to get some more experience with recording software and learn more about writing. I know that I could write great movie soundtracks. I get so excited imagining my perfect job.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Because of my doctorate in Theological Anthropology, and my doctoral studies in fields of Buddhist philosophy and Science of Mind, my approach to and understanding of affirmation is sometimes less orthodox than the popular conception.

I don’t look at affirmations with any sort of “wonder” or “amazement”, because I approach life logically, scientifically, and rationally (whenever possible). Therefore, I see affirmations, when properly used and constructed, as a scientific process, to which we refer as “spiritual mind treatment”. Not unlike medications, when taken for particular conditions, spiritual mind treatments, or affirmations scientifically treat the afflicted or delusional aspect of our thought process.

I don’t imagine that I know exactly how to respond to each person, according to their expectations, because I seldom consider that as being important. In fact, I attempt to detach from another’s expectations, and offer, as a monk and contemplative, what might be a “difficult” or “tough love” response, because only then am I allowing altruistic compassion to guide me.

Namasté!

In response to dharmadude’s post:

I have read your post several times over the course of a few days,and I think you are saying that you let your Higher Self be your guide. Your contribution may not be personally directed to anyone in specific, but to others in general, or offered as wisdom of the ages. If I am wrong with my interpretation, please let me know. I agree with you in that when we post, we would be wise to offer to others what we think they need to hear, not what they want to hear.

I am an easy going and generally happy and optimistic person.
Although when it comes to close relationships, I am very shy and reserved.

Areas I am currently focusing on:
To be aware. I make consious effort to be aware of every moment and of everything around me. This way I also avoid getting carried away in my thoughts, not realizing what they were.

Relationships. I use affirmations to trust more that everyone loves me and that it is safe to be open and let others reach me.

Controlling my thoughts. I would like to be more free spirited and trust more, go by my first gut feeling, rather than considering all the ‘if’s and ‘when’s and ‘but’s which hold me back. Although in some areas of my life many people would consider me as a free spirit and courageous etc. Inside me, I do not feel so.
In order to do this, I do the two above: be aware and use love and trust affirmations.

…what a wonderful world….

Life seems so wonderful now that I hardly have anything to ask for. I feel more like I am just in a maintenance mode to keep my general direction going up and up. To ask for more just seems so unnecessary.

Although my husband has been traveling for nearly a month now, things are taking care of themselves with synchronicity and people have really rallied around me to offer help.

It almost makes more sense to me to extend myself to others rather than to seek for myself – because what more could I possible desire?

Whatever issue that comes my way seems to resolve itself with little difficulty or fear. To me, this is what life is all about. I am so happy that I received the mental tools to create this reality. My deepest and sincerest thanks to all the people who have shared wisdom and life experience with me that helped make this transition possible!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to meditatingmama’s post:

I am so very happy for you! You sound wonderful and you are wonderful(:
You’re right by having the right tools, life gets better and better all of the time. You’re in the flow(:

Maintenance is a powerful mode too(: Though knowing you, it will the wonderful place you continue to help create for yourself.

So nice to see you around! (smiles)

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I love this thread! I’ll be starting college soon in July, I’m moving from California, so I’m excited about that but I’ll be on my own for the first time in my life, so I’m a little nervous about that. I know that I’ll be a much happier person but it is somewhat scary, because i want to always know that I’m making the right decisions. I really need to work on being more positive, I’m always stressed out which doesn’t help, at all. I’m trying to discipline myself on how to better handle my stress, lately it tends to come out in outburst. I truly desire to be myself with people who I know will appreciate me, as me. Yeah, I really need a great affirmation! lol!

Remember whenever you are doing something new -you will have mixed feelings.

Though change what you can wherever you can..in a prioritized manner..And Create fun and excitement for it all.

and exercise helps the whole process(:

removed a link which doesn’t work…will replace soon.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thank you Laurie, I will be taking your advice! Yes, I exercise, it really does take a load of stress off! Thank you again!

In response to Lee’s post:

Lee don’t beat yourself up about time you think you have wasted, nothing we do in our life is wasted, it is where you had to be to do what you had to do. Each of us spends too much time thinking of the past, which we will never be able to change. If you hadn’t done what you have done these past months, you wouldn’t be where you are. I know that sounds a little twisted, but it is a fact.

We are the creator of our life and therefore everything that happens in your life, you have created it to manifest. The key is to learn to think what you want as what you already have. This has got to be the hardest thing in the world for most of us, but it is the only way to really change your life to the one you really want. In other words “Life changes when you change your stinkin thinkin.” by me 2010.

I know that we have all heard this before, but it is the truth and in order for us to get what we want out of life; we need to believe in who we are and be grateful for everything we have and what we will have. Simple Law of Attraction rules to live by.

You have done great things and you are on the road you should be on, so please never doubt yourself, you are magnificent.

Attitude Life Coach, helping others to see the Power of a Positive Attitude with Affirmations and Gratitudes, Learn to be The Creator of Your Life.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content