login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Why Religious/Spiritual Teachings Should Not Be Dismissed

Primitive man came up with stone tools, and over time their descendants came up with computers and space ships. We learned how to add, and somewhere down the line Einstein figured out something or other about something we call relativity. The point is that knowledge is accumulated and built upon. We don’t often think about it, but doesn’t it stand to reason that the same would hold true for spiritual knowledge? As our measureable scientific knowledge has grown many of our cultures have sought to replace our spiritual knowledge with our scientific knowledge. The “right” way to go about it would be to recognize that they should go hand in hand, or at least along side one another. I’ve been reading “A New Earth” by Eckhart Tolle and I am really relating to it, but as I was reading it, it occurred to me that many people would be unwilling to entertain the ideas in the book. I think there is much to share with people, but how can you share with people if they are unwilling to even consider ideas about spiritual things. I think there must be at least some truth in almost all religions. As men from generation to generation have pondered spiritual questions, it only makes sense that over time we would get closer and closer to some truth. Folks like “Budda” and “Jesus” had stuff pretty well figured out a long time ago, spiritual superstars if you will. They were more enlightened than the average bear, but imagine how many enlightened people have walked the earth that we have never heard of? Quite a few I suspect, and their knowledge would filter down and become more and more refined just as more tangable ideas like math or science became more refined. I mention this because I think that many people think that the mind or brain or whatever you want to call it is the end all and be all of personal growth, and I think there is a spiritual element that is often overlooked and when we combine the spiritual aspect of personal growth with the mental aspect and put them to work with science and technology we can make great leaps forward.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Totally agree.

We cannot dismiss science and in fact should embrace it! But at the same time, we shouldn’t be so quick to dismiss the wisdom of the various religions and spiritual traditions that so many of us seem to have completely forgotten about.

Interestingly, there are some belief systems that science continues to inadvertently prove incredibly accurate, and I thank people like Eckhart Tolle for getting those beliefs out to all those that would have otherwise ignored them completely.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Agree as well! I am a believer in Christ & scientific explanations.
Ex. Big Bang Theory…scientific belief yet it was God’s plan. At least that’s the way I look at it. :)
There are many spiritual leaders with positive messages we could all learn from. From the Bible to even the Koran..science has proven numerous prophesies to be true! Many people I am so lucky to know that really enjoy life and are fulfilled with happiness have some sort of spiritual influence in their life and embrace science as well!

"The more I study Science The more I believe in God"

Albert Einstein

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Nature-Quote-by-Lao-tzu.jpg

The perfection in nature 

is just too perfect 

to not see God.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content