login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Mindfulness and Wellbeing [Ellen Langer]˚

about Ellen Langer
Dr. Ellen Langer, Ph.D., is a social psychologist and the first female professor to gain tenure in the Psychology Department at Harvard University. She is the author of eleven books and more than two hundred research articles written for general and academic readers on mindfulness for over 35 years. read more
Dr. Langer has been described as the “mother of mindfulness” and has written extensively on the illusion of control, mindful aging, stress, decision-making, and health. read more
The citation for the APA distinguished contributions award reads, in part, “…her pioneering work revealed the profound effects of increasing mindful behavior…and offers ***new hope to millions whose problems were previously seen as unalterable and inevitable. Ellen Langer has demonstrated repeatedly how our limits are of our own making.”*** read more

• ~

Ellen Langer-Mindfulness over matter
“We have many, many studies that suggest that the limits we assume are real are artificial, and that we don’t have to accept them at all.”
***Mindlessness:***
an inactive state of mind characterized by
reliance on distinctions, categories drawn in
the past:
l)the past over-determines the present
2)trapped in a single perspective
3)insensitive to context
3)rule and routine governed
4)typically in error but rarely in doubt
Ellen Langer

***Mindfulness:***
an active state of mind characterized by
novel distinction —drawing that results in
l)being situated in the present
2)sensitive to context and perspective
3)rule and routine guided
4)phenomenoIogicaI experience of engagement
Noticing novelty reveals uncertainty
Ellen Langer

• ~

Mindfulness In The Age of Complexity
by Harvard Business Review Staff
FROM THE MARCH 2014 ISSUE

• ~

Let’s Talk about Mindfulness-An Interview with Ellen Langer

Ellen Langer wikipedia

• ~
    feel free to view this thread as is…
    I choose to elaborate …on Ellen Langer and the results of some her interesting research. AsAlwaysAppreciating˚

last edited 2/12/15

• ~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

article On the psychology of possibility Harvard Magazine

video
Can your mental attitude reverse the effects of aging?
In studies over four decades, Harvard psychology professor Ellen Langer showed that mental attitude can reverse the effects of again and improve physical health. Now she wants to test the theory on cancer. Dr. Langer joins “CBS This Morning” to discuss her research.

• ~
    feel free to view this thread as is…
    I choose to elaborate …on Ellen Langer and the results of some her interesting research. AsAlwaysAppreciating˚

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Selfcare-LivingLifeOfEase's post:Re: Ellen Langer has demonstrated repeatedly how our limits are of our own making -

Nothing binds you except your thoughts: nothing limits you except your fear: and nothing controls you except your beliefs ~ Marianne Williamson

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

In response to Selfcare-LivingLifeOfEase's post:re: Ellen Langer - Mindfulness over matter -

Excellent video

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content