login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★☼ Happiness

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I see thread bumped to top ….from 2009…and in 2015 happiness still a hot topic by those who say they really enjoy this site…(:
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes. by Andrew Carnegie
    the quotes that were here are being sorted and broken links removed. Thanks for patience
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

SMILE :)

In response to melt86’s post:

Am I still smiling backwards(: or :)

Maybe I’m smiling inside and outwards?
(:
:)

LOL

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I like your backwards smiles!
Happiness : little tiny sqares of white Lindt chocolate melting in my mounth
Happiness is knowing in about an hour I’m taking a break to go home to my family & eat dinner together.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

Happiness is unconditional love, appreciation, respect, and gratitude —- of self, family, others, and every creature and thing in the universe. WE are connected in one way or another. Happiness is seeing and feeling those connections and nurturing them and developing positive relations with them.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

In response to Poppy’s post:

LOVE IT Poppy! By the way I have been meaning to tell you I just love your avator, very colourful and bright just like YOU! :-)

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Can happiness be lack of “self” ishness? Feeling in sync with others who love you? Feeling good if you improved someones’ day? Attainment of an object you have desired? Uh oh, I think I got up too early;\

Happiness is waking up on a beautiful, sunny Sunday morning with three little munchkins crawling into your bed with their pet cockatiel and everyone whistling to the birdies little “tunes”. That is joy!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Happiness is gratitude of the here and now. True acceptance of where we are and how we got here makes for very happy people. I have tons of gratitude at the moment and life simply feels better and better with little effort.

Looking too far into to the future, projection of fears and worries or simply focussing on what you ‘want’ and yet to receive is not being truly happy – because there is an emphasis on the thing missing, the ‘lack’ and the ‘want’ for more.

I am so happy today, in life, in love and at peace with myself and I am so grateful for all the wonderful gifts of life. All manifestations (e.g job promotion, financial gain etc) that come my way are bonuses! which in turn lead to more gratitude and more happiness…. I have everthing I need and I am drawing more of the same towards me. I AM TRULY HAPPY! :o)

A full and thankful heart..

Happiness is having snow in the forecast on Sunday – and pulling out last years winter clothes for the children – AND THEY STILL FIT!! :) Woo Hoo! It is the little victories that make me the happiest!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to laurie- worksout-daily&w/everything she’s got~ ~‘s post:

Happiness is watching my son cook for himself and makes his own lunch knowing he has a 12 hour day ahead. Letting me sleep because I was sick and leaving for school/work and telling me, “mama don’t cook tonight get your rest, I’ll bring something home for dinner.” Ahhhhh he is turning into such a fine young man. I’m already crying!

The secret of happiness is to make others believe they are the cause of it.
Al Batt

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
Snow?? Already??!!! Here fall has been very late, the trees have just started changing colors and the temprature is often relatively high. Beautiful though.

Happiness is the feeling, the sensation, the one that sticks a smile on your face you can not wipe off, it’s the inside and outward smile Laurie says – no matter what situation.

…what a wonderful world….

what makes me happy is a cup of hot tea. and right befor sunrise go ouside and greet the day. with a prayer or just a few words.

Lots of things make me happy.

One thing that really makes me content is the making and keeping of disciplines that work for me.

“There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do.”
– Freya Stark

Freedom

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

happiness- is the morning hug from hubby, it is the late night call from kids room to put them to sleep, happiness is experiencing life as it is.

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

I just realised I posted on another thread something highly relevant to this thread.
Keep it simple

A full and thankful heart..

How to live a happy and satisfied Life

In each day that passes by,we stand by and witness how our lives are being lived without the full happiness and satisfaction we crave and need.Most people spend their time stressed out,worried and on a constant panic about what needs to be done for their futures,raising their children,wired up over work,school,along with everything else.Does this sound familiar?Well,if it doen,it is because so many people live with this style and pattern.When you can start living that fully happy and satisfied life?

The only way you can live a happy and satisfied life,is when you start do ing things that make you happy and satisfied.Sure,it sounds easy and can be easy if you just remember to make yourself one of your top priorities.Too many people neglect themselves,feeling that it would be selfish if th ey took any time out to focus on their own being.While it is good to take care of others and other important things going on in your life,it is man datory that you never forget about yourself.

Discover who you really are and what matters most to you.Living a great li fe does not just happen.It requires,planning and following those plans to a life that reflects who you truly are.Most people avoid planning goals and dreams in their lives because they may have a fear of committing to it or failing.They feel that by officially writing it down,they would actua-lly have to go through with pursuing it.This is where you need to rate the importance of your life missions.

What is most important to you?Is it losing a certain amount of weight?Get ting your degree?Spending more time with your spouse or children?Whatever the reason or reasons may be,just write all of them down.You may feel that making a mental note of your goals and dreams is enough,but you could very well be setting yourself up for disappointment and failure.By writing it down,you will become a visual witness of those goals.Try writing them in an organizer,with a little reminder written in each day.

Setting deadlines for these goals would be a great way to assure they will be accomplished.Avoid disappointment by setting realistic deadlines.For ex ample,if you wanted to lose 10 pounds,do not give yourself a week to do so
You will only torture yourself and become depressed when the week is over and see that you did not come even close to losing the 10 pounds.In fact, you may give up losing weight altogether because of the failure you exper ienced,simply because your deadline was unrealistic.

Take some time everyday to look over your goals and remind yourself of how important they really are to you.Ask yourself why they are important to you too.Knowing that something is important is not enough.You must know the reasons behind the importance of the dreams and goals you have,so that your mind can see it more clearly and understand exactly why it is so nece ssary to go through with your missions.Excuses are demons you must learn to fight off if you wish to start living a happy and satisfied life.

Most people claim to have many dreams,but say they just do not have the ti me to approach them.Stop making excuses!You are the only one who holds the power to make a real difference in your life.Sure,we all have have busy lives with our careers and families,but nothing takes up 24 hours of your day.So if something is truly important to you,you will be sure to make the time to work on it.You can do this by replacing it with something less im portant.

For example,if you claim you do not have the time to work on the other im portant goals in your life,perhaps it is time for you to start making clo se observations on the way you spend your time.If you spend several hours of the day working,studying and then several hours taking care of house chores and family,what else are you doing with the rest of your day?If you spend a good portion watching television,then you need to cut back on that and use that time to begin and follow an exercise plan you have been think ing to focus on for a long time(or whatever goal it is you have.)

Making yourself one of your first priorities is not selfish.It actually is obligatory to do so in order to succeed in the other subjects of your life
Without a happy and satisfied you,there will be no happy and satisfied li fe,because you will be stressed out and unhappy.You might be consciously ignoring your needs and desires,but your subconscious mind has not forgot ten about you and will constantly remind you through stress,anger,sadness,
insecurity and feelings of failure.

Start listening to yourself and becoming the best friend and supporter you need.No one is going to work on your happiness for you,so find the power and motivation stored up inside you and use it to direct yourself into the path of true happiness and satisfaction.You can do anything you set your mind to and once you have stopped and gotten in touch with yourself,you wi ll learn and realize just how wonderful and capable you really are,and how you always have been.

You will not only realize these things,but also begin loving who you are more and more,which will not only lead you to achieving the things that ma ke you most happy,but will guide you into a world of many new dreams come true.

If anyone would like positive self-esteem articles,quotes/affirmations,ple ase feel free to contact me on here or at [email protected] or if you have yahoo messenger,please feel free to instant message me.Have a great day and a good week! Sincerely, Michelle

In response to angelicspirit’s post:
your a girl after my own heart

love when and how you said “By writing it down,you will become a visual witness of those goals”

Firm believer of all you’ve said!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to angelicspirit’s post:
Totally agree and we should rid ourselves of feeling guilty for doing something for ourselves for a change. How much of the daily pie is taken up with putting others ahead of ourselves? Of course mothers of young children or carers must adequately care for their dependants, but we must allow ourselves some guilt-less time too. How can we teach our children to value themselves highly if we are doing the opposite? Be the best teacher by doing what you know is best for your body and spirit. The kiddies will absorb the good feelings you are getting and benefit, they will learn that it’s OK to love oneself and do things that make up feel good.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

Happiness is following my heart with my head firmly on my shoulders…

Happiness is waking up on a cold, brisk morning — all warm and toasty because your handsome husband is cuddled up right next to you. :)

Only 120 days left till our 12 year anniversary. :)

Your’s makes mine look like a marriage in training!! It is so wonderful when marriages can thrive through the thick and thin!!

The Oxford Happiness Questionnaire was developed by psychologists Michael Argyle and Peter Hills at Oxford University. Take a few moments to take the survey. This is a good way to get a snapshot of your current level of happiness. You can even use your score to compare to your happiness level at some point in the future by taking the survey again. If you are using some of the interventions presented on this site to raise your happiness level, you can see whether your score on the Oxford Happiness Questionnaire goes up as a result.

Instructions

Below are a number of statements about happiness. Please indicate how much you agree or disagree with each by entering a number in the blank after each statement, according to the following scale:
1 = strongly disagree
2 = moderately disagree
3 = slightly disagree
4 = slightly agree
5 = moderately agree
6 = strongly agree
Please read the statements carefully, because some are phrased positively and others negatively. Don’t take too long over individual questions; there are no “right” or “wrong” answers (and no trick questions). The first answer that comes into your head is probably the right one for you. If you find some of the questions difficult, please give the answer that is true for you in general or for most of the time.

The Questionnaire
1. I don’t feel particularly pleased with the way I am. ® _____
2. I am intensely interested in other people. _____
3. I feel that life is very rewarding. _____
4. I have very warm feelings towards almost everyone. _____
5. I rarely wake up feeling rested. ® _____
6. I am not particularly optimistic about the future. ® _____
7. I find most things amusing. _____
8. I am always committed and involved. _____
9. Life is good. _____
10. I do not think that the world is a good place. ® _____
11. I laugh a lot. _____
12. I am well satisfied about everything in my life. _____
13. I don’t think I look attractive. ® _____
14. There is a gap between what I would like to do and what I have done. ® _____
15. I am very happy. _____
16. I find beauty in some things. _____
17. I always have a cheerful effect on others. _____
18. I can fit in (find time for) everything I want to. _____
19. I feel that I am not especially in control of my life. ® _____
20. I feel able to take anything on. _____
21. I feel fully mentally alert. _____
22. I often experience joy and elation. _____
23. I don’t find it easy to make decisions. ® _____
24. I don’t have a particular sense of meaning and purpose in my life. ® _____
25. I feel I have a great deal of energy. _____
26. I usually have a good influence on events. _____
27. I don’t have fun with other people. ® _____
28. I don’t feel particularly healthy. ® _____
29. I don’t have particularly happy memories of the past. ® _____
Calculate your score
Step 1. Items marked ® should be scored in reverse:
If you gave yourself a “1,” cross it out and change it to a “6.”
Change “2″ to a “5″
Change “3″ to a “4″
Change “4″ to a “3″
Change “5″ to a “2″
Change “6″ to a “1″
Step 2. Add the numbers for all 29 questions. (Use the converted numbers for the 12 items that are reverse scored.)
Step 3. Divide by 29. So your happiness score = the total (from step 2) divided by 29.

I recommend you record your score and the date. Then you’ll have the option to compare your score now with your score at a later date. This can be especially helpful if you are trying some of the exercises, and actively working on increasing your happiness.

ENJOY!

We are self-improvement facilitators. We have been successfully guiding clients to their dreams for more than 20 years. Our practical and loving approach make us the perfect guides on your path to your dreams. Your E-Life is calling…Answer the Call!

There is a persian expression I like: Happy for no reason.

…what a wonderful world….

happiness is being comfortable in my present situation.

In response to aftab’s post:

Afi ~ That is so cool! You know, every time I look into the eyes of my innocent, young children, that saying just seems to resonate with them. Oh, and it seems right for my cats, too. :)

I think I need to learn from my kids & cats! :)

Happiness lies in doing the action and not expecting any result. Surrendring to God and living in the present gives me a feeling of floating in the air with the protective hands of God just there to guide me…..this feeling fills my life with happiness.

I am grateful for my Happiness!

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content