login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★"Sight" [Blind Men and the Elephant]˚

• To some this may be just a collage of quotes and links…It had great meaning for me… will expound upon soon…to be continued…
    [thank you for your patience Feel free to browse as is] ~AsAlwaysAppreciating˚
    to be continued… created 1/22/15 last edited 1/28/15
  • ~

►•Perfectly Imperfect -We have all heard that no two snowflakes are alike. Each snowflake takes the perfect form for the maximum efficiency and effectiveness for its journey. And while the universal force of gravity gives them a shared destination, the expansive space in the air gives each snowflake the opportunity to take their own path. They are on the same journey, but each takes a different path.

►•Along this gravity-driven journey, some snowflakes collide and damage each other, some collide and join together, some are influenced by wind… there are so many transitions and changes that take place along the journey of the snowflake. But, no matter what the transition, the snowflake always finds itself perfectly shaped for its journey.
I find parallels in nature to be a beautiful reflection of grand orchestration. One of these parallels is of snowflakes and us. We, too, are all headed in the same direction. We are being driven by a universal force to the same destination. We are all individuals taking different journeys and along our journey, we sometimes bump into each other, we cross paths, we become altered… we take different physical forms. But at all times we too are 100% perfectly imperfect. At every given moment we are absolutely perfect for what is required for our journey. I’m not perfect for your journey and you’re not perfect for my journey, but I’m perfect for my journey and you’re perfect for your journey. We’re heading to the same place, we’re taking different routes, but we’re both exactly perfect the way we are.

►•Think of what understanding this great orchestration could mean for relationships. Imagine interacting with others knowing that they too each share this parallel with the snowflake. Like you, they are headed to the same place and no matter what they may appear like to you, they have taken the perfect form for their journey. How strong our relationships would be if we could see and respect that we are all perfectly imperfect for our journey.” ― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free

• ____________________
      Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. Oscar Wilde

• “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” ~Mother Theresa

• Love is the answer that everyone seeks;
      Love is the language that every heart speaks.
      Love works in ways that are wondrous and strange,
      and there’s nothing in life that love cannot change.
      Love can transform the most commonplace into
      beauty and splendor and sweetness and grace!
      Love can’t be bought, it is priceless and free;
      Love, like pure magic, is sweet mystery!
      ~Helen Steiner Rice
    • ~

The Light always leads to Love. Pure Love is an absence of Anxious Emotions. Acts of Love I feel to do . . . bring Healing and Contentment. As I choose Acts that are Less-than-Love,I choose chaos and contention. They come together just as certain seeds bring forth specific fruits: confusion, clamor, and complexity comes with every act that is Less-than Love. The Motives and Emotions of My Heart, define the Acts I do. Dr. Matt Moody

• ~

People come into your life for a reason 5 min 10 sec

or this version People come into your life for a reason (: 3 min 48 sec

elephant-blind-compo.gif

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The classic: Blind men feeling the elephant:
  • ** * Blind man 1 feels the side of the elephant → the elephant is like a wall
  • ** * Blind man 2 feels the leg, conclude (→) the elephant is like a tree trunk
  • ** * Blind man 3 feels the trunk, concludes (→) the elephant is like a big snake
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

source → Blind Men and the Elephant wordinfo.info
source → Blind Men and the Elephant revised wordinfo.info
source → Blind Men and the Elephant wikipedia

also…source → thelifemanagementalliance.com

• ~
    “ Science of the Heart – Rollin McCraty”:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4LbJVury1U 1 min 22 sec

The Heart’s Intuitive Intelligence: A path to personal, social and global coherence 7 min 19 sec

• ~ A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
    and optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
    Winston Churchill
  • ~
    One’s destination is not just a place, . . .
    but a new way of looking at things.
    - Henry Miller .
  • ~ Do Good Anyway

People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered; Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, People may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway. If you are successful, You will win some false friends and some true enemies; Succeed anyway. If you are honest and frank, People may cheat you; Be honest and frank anyway. What you spend a year building, Someone could destroy overnight; Build anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, They may be jealous; Be happy anyway. The good you do today, People will often forget tomorrow; Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have, And it may never be enough; Give the world the best you’ve got anyway. You see, in the final analysis, It is between you and God; It was never between you and them anyway. – Mother Teresa

• ~

“Everyone is my teacher. Some I seek. Some I subconsciously attract. Often I learn simply by observing others. Some may be completely unaware that I’m learning from them, yet I bow deeply in gratitude.” -Eric Allen

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

• ** We like things to be black or white, tall or short, here or there. We like to consider two sides to every story. Unfortunately, there aren’t always two sides. Sometimes there’s only one; more often, there are multitudes. Many facets on the stone. Nooks and crannies in abundance. Things are usually not either black or white, but multicolored Author-☼Barry Leiba
  • ** Listening to both sides does not necessarily bring about a correct judgment. Donald Rumsfield
  • ** * Check assumptions rather than acting on what you believe to be true. Check with others to see what they really mean. Virginia Satir

from article entitled: 5 elements of Win-Win
Think Win/Win is the habit of interpersonal leadership. It goes beyond transactional relationship, to transformational leadership, where the people and the relationship are transformed.

It’s the art of finding the 3rd alternative in action.

It starts by looking at the bigger picture, or creating one, and it flows from an abundance mentality. You ask the question, “How can we both win?” To do this, means looking beyond your self-interest, and looking for mutual interests and shared goals. Integrity is the cornerstone that keeps you grounded in your values, and serves as a foundation for trust, and empathic listening helps you build the bridge of mutual understanding.

By using a Win/Win approach, you move from competition to cooperation and collaboration, and you can achieve better solutions. The downside is it takes longer and is more work. The upside is that the relationships, good will, and trust will serve you for the long run.

• ** Many people think in terms of either/or: either you’re nice or you’re tough. Win-win requires that you be both. It is a balancing act between courage and consideration. To go for win-win, you not only have to be empathic, but you also have to be confident. You not only have to be considerate and sensitive, you also have to be brave. To do that-to achieve that balance between courage and consideration—is the essence of real maturity and is fundamental to win-win Stephen Covey
  • ** When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion. Dale Carnegie
  • ** Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used. Carl Sagan

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

How do you take an opinion that is embedded with judgment and turn it into a neutral question?

A constructive neutral question is:

One that the person can answer
One that invites honest reflection rather than defensiveness
A meaningful, authentic question for you, the questioner
Something you don’t know the answer to

Open ended

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • ** “Forgiveness – this needs to be our greatest skill. The way to get good at forgiveness is: to be thankful for all the little things you see in the other person.” Anthony Robbins

Re-sending the toxic energy of re-sent-ment in a fresh New Day is a re-occurring waste of time. Whether oppressed or abused, victims who try to exact ‘pay back’ execute this self-inflicting irony: Resentment is the Poison that You Drink,while expecting your offenders to die from the Poison that You Drink.Those who habitually harbor resentment should dig two graves. Matt Moody

On Forgiveness:
Take a moment and imagine if every person (including yourself) who owed you an apology apologized today, and imagine if you accepted these apologies. What a weight lifted. Now imagine if everyone, everywhere did this. How many problems in the world would evaporate?
from an article entitled 7 reasons you’re not successful “:http://www.marcandangel.com/2013/02/15/7-reasons-youre-not-successful/

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

• ~~~~

• It’s better for society. This one seems obvious to me, but it’s important. One little relationship might not seem to make a difference to society as a whole — who cares if I hate another person? But if we all hate other people, it creates a more divisive and fractured and angry society. I see the effects of this everywhere, from media and culture to politics to business to families being disrupted. And the opposite is true — if we can overcome that hatred, and learn to love our neighbor and our enemy, society is better off in so many ways. ~Leo Babauta
  • ~

When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion. Dale Carnegie

• ~

Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much
Helen Keller

• ~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Wonderful thread.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Thank you for putting this together!

Excellent thread!

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

thank you Jeff & Kathi 

very much!

thread from 2015

looking forward to bringing this current

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content