login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Best Of: Confidence Affirmations

Update: If you like this post, be sure to check out part two of the “Best Of” series. Part two is on Love Affirmations.

This is a little experiment that I’ve been wanting to try for a while. The Best Of Series! Here, I’ll choose a few favorite affirmations from popular bmindful categories, talking a little bit about them if they’re interesting.

Then it’s your turn to select a few favorites from the same topic and post them as replies to this thread! This should be fun :)

I’ll start with Confidence Affirmations. My favorites include:

I am at ease with myself, and I am at ease with other people
Being at ease with yourself is a fantastic way to have core confidence but this affirmation doesn’t stop there. Being at ease with other people means that you are accepting of other people (and potentially differing opinions etc) and are comfortable in their presence.

I know what I want and I ask for it
Another double whammy style affirmation. Sometimes lack of confidence comes from not having direction because you don’t know what you want! The problem is, even after you figure out WHAT you want, being able to ask for it or go out and get it is another story all together. This affirmation addresses both of these issues.

I have an internal locus of control
I’ve personally used this affirmation for years, it’s one of my favorites. Locus of control refers to where you believe your experience is being controlled from, either internally or externally. Having an internal locus of control means you’re less likely to be affected by external stimuli, you become a cause not an effect, your confidence and self esteem comes from within and you don’t need external validation. If you need more information on locus of control, visit the wikipedia article on the topic.

I am strong and lead my clients in the right direction
This one is business related, but the meaning behind it is very personal. To be confident in business you need to be confident you’re doing well by your clients. If you’re not 100% certain you’re doing the right thing by them then how can you comfortably advise them? The same is true in life, but you have to be confident you’re leading yourself in the right direction.

I have much to offer other people
Sometimes lack of confidence stems from a persons belief that you aren’t valuable in whatever way. This simple affirmation would be incredibly helpful if this is the case. Knowing you’re putting something valuable forward does wonders for your confidence.

I always know what to say
Related to the previous affirmation, but still very different. It’s all well and good having something to offer other people, but it’s no use to anyone if you’re unable to get it across to them. I don’t think this affirmation is about being cheeky, it’s about being able to properly articulate your thoughts so you’re fully able to offer the value we spoke of in the previous affirmation.

On top of the reasons listed above I have chosen these affirmations because they are all well formed, reasonably specific and fairly simple and direct. Obviously they are not literally the ‘best’ confidence affirmations, different affirmations work for different people, this is just my opinion.

I’ll try and start a thread like this every couple of weeks or so, it should help give us all a really solid understanding of what makes a good quality, effective affirmation which will help us when creating affirmations for all occasions, not just the topics specified.

What are you favorite confidence affirmations? Have any specific affirmations helped you achieve greater self esteem or confidence?

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Looks like you’ve covered them all :)

Focus

Lee, I too love what you’ve chosen. Thank you!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

This is really good. I’ll be looking forward to part two :)

another good one I have heard is to make an affirmation around all of your positive characteristics.

ex: I am a kind, loving, intelligent, organized, composed, thoughtful, organized, generous, funny and creative person.

Write a list of as many adjectives as you can that positively describe you. Its amazing how many you can come up with. Great self confidence builders.

Write a list of as many adjectives as you can that positively describe you.

Good idea stormy.
I am funny, compassionate, organized, creative, giving, easy to forgive, helpful and very loyal.

That’s nice to see it in print. Yeah! I am all those things!

•  ~

cc35de7ce0ed6a3751b211f1b3e6ca9e--people-change-quotes-change-your-life-quotes.jpg

•  ~

92ea2f1646b7ce031841b29dac736a81.jpg

•  ~

•  ~

Lapis_Affirmations_Pinterest.jpg?v=1499794661

•  ~20152Baffirmations2B(23).JPG

083e5bd49b0813d19cee7275e61a8a8a--dance-fitness-affirmation-cards.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Just Beautiful!!

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content