login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★A Happiness Method (& Other Smiles)

While this list is somewhat repetitive, reading through the statements occasionally will help you tune into and remember the kinds of thoughts that will make you happier. Don’t be overly concerned if some of the statements do not ring true; the more you repeat them the truer they will feel. Creating your own personal list is also very helpful.
I quickly chose a group from the list provided

• ** * Noticing the wonderful things in life makes me very happy.
  • ** * Seeing happiness as an art to be refined makes me very happy.

• ** * Everything happens for the best.
  • ** * Pleasantly evaluating everything I see, hear, feel and think makes me very happy.
  • ** * Understanding that my feelings are dependent on my thoughts keeps me very happy.
  • ** * Using spare time to work on getting happy makes me very happy.
  • ** * Thinking about happiness makes me very happy.
  • ** * Reading these self-statements daily makes me very happy.
  • ** * Being courageous enough to be happy keeps me very happy.
  • ** * Thinking of ways to become happier makes me very happy.
  • ** * Not comparing myself with others keeps me very happy.
  • ** * Not expecting us all to be perfect keeps me very happy.
  • ** * Not considering myself better or worse than others keeps me very happy.
  • ** * Not expecting the world to be perfect keeps me very happy.
  • ** * Understanding what makes me happy keeps me very happy.
  • ** * Liking myself makes me very happy.
  • ** * Realizing that I have everything I need keeps me very happy.
  • ** * My happiness is entirely dependent on my thoughts.
  • ** * Getting better at feeling happiness makes me very happy.
  • ** * Remembering that happiness is a skill motivates me to work on being very happy.
  • ** * Meditating on happiness makes me very happy.
  • ** * Loving and caring for others makes me very happy.
  • ** * Being happy about other people’s happiness makes me very happy.
  • ** * Feeling grateful for the good things in my life keeps me very happy.
  • ** * Practicing wisdom makes me very happy.
  • ** * Working on, short, and long, term goals keeps me very happy.
  • ** * VALUING MY HAPPINESS KEEPS ME VERY HAPPY!
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next group will be ones I create…or if you decide to add some of your own)

Appreciating’s List (my list) I like the list above…though on occasion I’d prefer choices which allow for more possibilities…for example:(:

• ** * Allowing myself to feel as I do, when I choose…makes me happy.
  • ** * Detaching when I choose, as an observer of my thoughts makes me happy.
  • ** * An unhappy circumstance may bring feelings of unhappiness, though it doesn’t indicate I am an unhappy person. Knowing this makes me happy.
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • ** * article Trusting Allowing Happy Free

George Ortega shares 4 great reminders(:

THE ORTEGA HAPPINESS METHOD From the HappinessShow.Com By George Ortega

I’ve developed a four part happiness method that is easy to use, and works fast. The more frequently you practice it, the faster it will work.

• ** [1]Value Happiness — This is the first, very important, part.
  • ** [2]Smile by Nature — I mean smile as continuously as you can throughout each day. A closed-mouth “pleasant expression” smile is best. It is comfortable to maintain for hours at a time, and is easy for those around you to accept and appreciate. Dozens of experiments have proven that simply smiling makes us feel happier. James D. Laird, the social scientist who pioneered this research in 1974 found ten years later that the effect works “automatically” for one half of the population. He strongly suspects that it is a “learned response,” so if you don’t immediately feel happier by smiling, be patient. Soon you will feel the smiling-happiness connection quickly and strongly.
  • ** [3]Choose Your Thoughts Any statement that feels pleasant will work. Some more examples are “I love my life,” “I like my friends,” “I like my job,” “My children are great.” Try to say more of the “I feel happy” kind of statements than the others because they more simply and quickly create pleasant feelings.
  • ** [4]Laugh at Will — Self-willed, or simulated, laughter is useful part of my, and any other, fundamental happiness increase method because many people seem not to be in touch with deep or strong feelings of happiness. Although as toddlers we laugh, on average, about 400 times each day, by the time we reach adulthood we are laughing only 7 to 15 times each day. Simulated laughter, which requires no object or reason such as a joke, seems able to induce a powerful and visceral pleasure. As a person gains experience with the stronger feelings of happiness induced by laughter, this deeper happiness will gradually become more accessible during “non-laughter” occasions.

In 1995 Dr. Madan Kataria, of Bombay, India, popularized the usefulness of laughing “for no reason” and has established over 2,500 laughter clubs throughout the world.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content