login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★˚ 7 Vital Connections

7 Vital Connections making up your True Self

1. The Core Connection. This is where it all begins. The core connection side of your true self is made up of your deeply held values, passions, beliefs, and response patterns. This is the place where your paradigms of pain and pleasure are born and reside. When analyzing our personal perspective of life, this is the very core.

2. The Motive Connection. This is the home of your reasons for doing the things you do. It’s your personal WHY behind your thoughts and actions. Motive is also closely related to your personal definition of complicated concepts like success and failure. Motive is the why part of your true self.

3. The Vision Connection. We all have mental movies of where we are and where we would like to be. Our vision of things like goals and obstacles are highly personalized because we create them based on our unique vantage point. Vision is the driver of our true self.

4. The Path Connection. The course we choose to walk will have a powerful influence on where we end up. This is the journey aspect of our true self. How well thought out that path is should be a matter of primary concern to everyone. Not only do you get to choose your path, but you also assume responsibility for where it leads you.

5. The Power Connection. This has to do with how well we are able to manage several personal resources like focus, motivation, self-talk, and commitment. It also has to do with how much we allow the opposing forces of fear and eager anticipation to influence us. Combined, these resources determine the horse power behind our true self.

6. The Identity Connection. How do you see yourself and your abilities? Are you capable or incapable? Do you approve of yourself or disapprove? Are you comfortable with the idea of success on a personal level, or do you feel undeserving? What does your true self identify with?

7. The Fulfillment Connection. This is the satisfaction side of our true self. Many people never feel any real sense of satisfaction with regard to their accomplishments regardless of how impressive those accomplishments might be. This is usually an indicator that something is missing. Accomplishment without contribution is unfulfilling!
©2008-2014 Advanced Life Skills all right reserved

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Attributes of a Powerful Person.This is not a prescription; it is an evolving
list of ways in which people empower themselves in the world (SEE LINK BELOW)  by Dr. Laura Brown

I think of power as happening in four ways: Somatic power(in our bodies), Intrapersonal power (in our relationships to ourselves), Interpersonal Power (in our relationships with others and the world around us) and Spiritual/Existential Power (in our capacity to make meaning in life). This is not a prescription; it is an evolving list of ways in which people empower themselves in the world. to read article in full
Somatic Power
Intrapersonal Power
Interpersonal Power
Spiritual/Existential Power
The powerful person has systems of meaning-making that assist with responding to the existential challenges of life, and that have the potential to give sense of comfort and well-being; sense of own heritage and culture integrated into identity in ways that allow for better understanding of self; is aware of the social context and can engage with it rather than being controlled by it or unaware of its impact; has a raison d’etre, and is able to integrate that into important aspects of their daily lives; access to capacities for creativity, fantasy, play and joy; has a sense of reality that is alive, not fixed and concrete to read article in full

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

quote The gap between vision and current reality is also a source of energy. If there were no gap, there would be no need for any action to move towards the vision. We call this gap creative tension. Peter Senge

quote When all is said and done, the only change that will make a difference is the transformation of the human heart. Peter Senge

quote The birth of the de-centered self can be profoundly disorienting, it is transcendental and often involves a heightened sense of awareness and connection. The analytical ‘localized’ self can find it fragile, frightening and impossible to grasp…There is a sense of being present to what is seeking to emerge, with intentionality. If you follow your nature enough, if you follow your nature as it moves, if you follow so far that you really let go, then you find that you’re actually the original being, the original way of being. The original being knows things and acts, does things in its own [intuitive?] way. It actually has a great intention to be itself, and it will do so if you just let it Peter Senge

quote The fundamental difference between creating and problem solving is simple In problem solving we seek to make something we do not like go away. In creating we seek to make what we truly care about exist Peter Senge

video The 5th Discipline -a review
What Is Systems Thinking? – Peter Senge Explains Systems Thinking Approach And Principles Video

Peter Michael Senge is an American systems scientist who is a senior lecturer at the MIT Sloan School of Management, co-faculty at the New England Complex Systems Institute, and the founder of the Society for Organizational Learning. Wikipedia

Born: 1947, Stanford, CA
Books: The Fifth Discipline: The Art and Practice of the Learning Organization, More
Education: Stanford University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MIT Sloan School of Management

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Each day I choose to see things from the most optimistic perspective.

I know my truth. I can speak from my heart. I feel my center and can move through my daily life with ease. Jordan Hoffman

thank you Bmindful for allowing me to share things for myself, & with others.

thank you Universe for allowing positivity to flourish here, as I believe this is vital for a a good life(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Just-as-light-brightens.jpg

Find-what-makes-your.jpg

Transferring-your.jpg

Our-world-is-incomplete.jpg

Occasionally-in-life.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content