login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Forgiveness

“I am forgiven, and I am free”

Forgiveness is a difficult area for most of us.
We all need to do forgiveness work. Anyone who has a problem with loving themselves is stuck in this area. Forgiveness opens our hearts to self love. Many of us carry grudges for years and years. We feel self-righteous because of what they did to us. I call this being stuck in the prison of self – righteousness resentment.

I hear you saying, “But you don’t know what they did to me; it’s unforgivable” Being unwilling to forgive is a terrible thing to do to ourselves. Bitterness is like swallowing a teaspoon of poison every day. it accumulates and harms us. It’s impossible to be healthy and free when we keep ourselves bound to the past. The incident is long gone and over with. Yes, it is true that the didn’t behave well. However, it’s over. Sometimes we feel that if we forgive them, then we’re saying that what they did to us was okay.

One of our biggest spiritual lessons is to understand that “everyone” is doing the best they can at any given moment. People can only do so much with the understanding, awareness, and knowledge that they have. Invariably, anyone who mistreats someone was mistreated themselves as a child. The greater level of violence, the greater their own inner pain, and the more they may lash out. This is not to say that their behavior is acceptable or excusable. However, for our own spiritual growth, we must be aware of their pain.

The incident is over. Perhaps long over. Let it go. Allow yourself to be free. Come out of the prison and step into the sunshine of life. If the incident is still going on, then ask yourself why you think so little of yourself that you still put up with it. Why do you stay in such a situation? Only allow loving experiences in your life. Don’t waste time trying to “get even.” It doesn’t work. What we give out always comes back to us. So let’s drop the past and work on loving ourselves in the now. Then we will have a wonderful future.

That person who is the hardest to forgive is the one who can teach you the greatest lessons. When you love yourself enough to rise above the old situation, then understanding and forgiveness will be easy. And you’ll be free.

Jan
“Louise L. Hay”

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less
Be true to you :)

“Every struggle in your life has shaped you into the person you are today. Be thankful for the hard times, they can only make you
stronger!”

The words forgiveness and understanding are very similar.

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

Caroline Myss and friends

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

Thanks for the replys and the information is so totally true we must be a bit selfish and have judged in order to forgive but I believe we have to do everything and anything we can do to remain and stay healthy in our own peace of mind.

Of course I care what others think of me to an extent but it all is up to me to forgive to not have the experience like you said to happen again and when i forgive I dont necessarily tell that person either you can forgive without letting the person know as long as you know it is ok, that is how I am anyways

peace jan

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less
Be true to you :)

“Every struggle in your life has shaped you into the person you are today. Be thankful for the hard times, they can only make you
stronger!”

forgiveness is always a wonderful topic of opportunity of  transcending...

Thanks Peace&Harmony for creating this thread(:blessings, selfcare

C94_uqjV0AAbhVH.jpg

73bd4e138b27ff77dfac72ec9b4d-1596638.jpg!s

64e6a0416285bc59edb5c64fe1cd5b8b--forgiveness-quotes-move-forward.jpghave-fun-quotes-1.jpg

one-forgives-to-the-degree-that-one-loves-quote-1.jpg

Forgiveness is not a moral issue, it is an energy dynamic. gary zukhav

I like this quote because of course most of us do not like to be at odds with others...though this energy dynamic has a lot of truth to it. Lives are precious... why be involved in harsh energy...find ways to go beyond...Here's an article you may enjoy.

TRANSCENDING FORGIVENESS -ARTICLE (Transcending Anger to Forgiveness to Gratitude)

It is coming from a perspective of acceptance, allowing for an openness to the gifts contained therein and then actually opening those gifts and making use of them in the most gracefully divine manner we are so able to. TO READ MORE

Prejudice-of-any-kind.jpg

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

forgiveness.jpg

Image result for forgiveness is love quotes with artwork

And the Lord said...

"Get rid of all bitterness, passion, and anger. No more shouting or insults, no more hateful feelings of any sort. Instead, be kind and tender-hearted to one another, and forgive one another, as God has forgiven you through Christ."

(Ephesians 4:31-32)

In response to Peace&Harmony's post:

great thread!

love your opening quote

“I am forgiven, and I am free”

Forgiveness is a difficult area for most of us.
We all need to do forgiveness work. Anyone who has a problem with loving themselves is stuck in this area. Forgiveness opens our hearts to self love. Many of us carry grudges for years and years. We feel self-righteous because of what they did to us. I call this being stuck in the prison of self – righteousness resentment.

I hear you saying, “But you don’t know what they did to me; it’s unforgivable” Being unwilling to forgive is a terrible thing to do to ourselves. Bitterness is like swallowing a teaspoon of poison every day. it accumulates and harms us. It’s impossible to be healthy and free when we keep ourselves bound to the past. The incident is long gone and over with. Yes, it is true that the didn’t behave well. However, it’s over. Sometimes we feel that if we forgive them, then we’re saying that what they did to us was okay.

One of our biggest spiritual lessons is to understand that “everyone” is doing the best they can at any given moment. People can only do so much with the understanding, awareness, and knowledge that they have. Invariably, anyone who mistreats someone was mistreated themselves as a child. The greater level of violence, the greater their own inner pain, and the more they may lash out. This is not to say that their behavior is acceptable or excusable. However, for our own spiritual growth, we must be aware of their pain.

The incident is over. Perhaps long over. Let it go. Allow yourself to be free. Come out of the prison and step into the sunshine of life. If the incident is still going on, then ask yourself why you think so little of yourself that you still put up with it. Why do you stay in such a situation? Only allow loving experiences in your life. Don’t waste time trying to “get even.” It doesn’t work. What we give out always comes back to us. So let’s drop the past and work on loving ourselves in the now. Then we will have a wonderful future.

That person who is the hardest to forgive is the one who can teach you the greatest lessons. When you love yourself enough to rise above the old situation, then understanding and forgiveness will be easy. And you’ll be free. Louise L. Hay

945a9ec07557ffe0df328218ebac3543--be-grateful-thankful-for.jpg“Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past can be changed.” – Oprah Winfrey

201707-marianne-williamson-quote-949x949.jpg

In response to Peace&Harmony's post:

love what you wrote, Jan

• when i forgive I don't necessarily tell that person either
  • you can forgive without letting the person know as long as you know
  • it is ok

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content