login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Losing the Labels (a sense of the miraculous)

• quote •When you don’t cover up the world with words and labels, a sense of the miraculous returns to your life that was lost a long time ago when humanity…became possessed by thought. A depth returns to your life. Things regain their newness, their freshness, and the greatest miracle is the experiencing your essential self as prior to any words, thoughts, mental labels and images.• Eckhart Tolle
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

articleLabeling & Limiting Beliefs
Looking at our ‘labels’ is a great way to begin exploring our limiting beliefs. And in this ‘lose your limiting beliefs exercise’ below you’ll get to see firsthand how your labels may be holding you back.

What do I mean by a label? Well, a label is simply a descriptive term used to describe us.

read article in its entirety
Reading Time: [47 sec]
LifeCoachOnTheGo

Copyright © 2011 Simplicity Life Coaching – All Rights Reserved

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

• ~~~~~~~~~

article 2 excerpt There are Advantages to Labels: Labels make life and/or people seem easier to deal with. Labels can save us time – we know who to ask for what, and who NOT to ask! So-called ‘positive’ labels can help us feel secure in ourselves – this is who I am… Labels can guide our behaviour – we know what is expected of us. And labels can give us permission to do things or be a certain way that may be comfortable or convenient for us… to read article in its entirety Are You Limited By Labels? [Reading Time: 1 min 49 sec]
Copyright © 2011 Simplicity Life Coaching – All Rights Reserved

Take the following quote by Marianne Williamson: What happened to my generation is that we never grew up. The problem isn’t that we’re lost or apathetic, narcissistic or materialistic. The problem is we’re terrified.

Imagine if the label of being apathetic or, narcissistic was something … another feels observant to share with you[about you], when you’re really just in the midst of finding your way in a culture that prides itself in its labels. Labels became tools of the trade and easier method to communicate, and can be damaging to both… Of course labels can be productive… though, not as a permanent fixture…and not without flexibility & awareness(: AGoodVibeEnthusiast

article related article Are You Limited By Labels?
LifeCoachOnTheGo

Labels are inflexible and rigid. They don’t allow us to be or behave differently according to the circumstance. And this even (or especially!) applies to so-called positive labels like “being reliable”. Jane is “reliable” so she doesn’t feel comfortable saying no or being spontaneous and putting her needs first.

Labels can become a source of annoyance or frustration – as we spend our time trying to live up to them or trying to live them down! Alex was the class clown. She enjoyed it at the time, but now she’s trying to forge a new career as a lawyerand no-one is taking her seriously. Or Scott, ‘the brainy one’ is feeling a lot of negativity from his family (and his inner critic) as he tries to pursue an arts career. to read article in its entirety Are You Limited By Labels?

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

article You Are More -Not Less Than You Think
Central to any change is the notion of letting go. Here we are letting go of the limiting beliefs that can keep us stuck. First, we need to identify our beliefs, then the habits of mind that feed those beliefs
to read article in its entirety
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

a related article-I had saved

related article I saved

excerpt The minute we judge someone,and we come to a conclusion about them,we cut ourselves off from loving them.We do it to feel safe and in control and to lessen our risk of being hurt.Because when we judge, we don’t have to be in the present moment with theminstead we busy ourselves with being present to the judgment we have about them.It’s like talking to a piece of paper instead of talking to a person.
same article- another excerpt And the minute we come to that judgmental conclusion,we call them “always” that way,and “never” going to change.We are absolutely sure that we don’t ever want to be hurt so, we put them in the absolute category of ‘always’ and ‘never.’

Other Threads You May Like To Visit: [in process]

6c850e64994c356a69b9dcabb060ddd4.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content