login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★HARRY POTTER

I recently read an article on the web that to me asked a very interesting question.Why is Harry Potter so popular?

Which of course is also asking can any of us mere mortals, so to speak, do something that might bump up our lives in a significant way?

Is there in even a less spectacular degree a bit of Jk rowling in the rest of us? The article I mentioned gave some interesting thoughts on what made Harry Potter the mega success it became and why others did not follow suit, at least not so spectacularly.

I think the thoughts had merit, but for me, it seemed to leave out one VERY significant factor.

From interviews I've found that Rowling truely LOVED writing the Harry Potter books, it thrilled and delighted her, every nook and cranny of it, sort of like Einstein with science or Beckham with Soccer. They do what they are passionate about and did it regardless of money. look how they did it even after they became wealthy. That seems to be a CLUE.

WHAT WOULD YOU LOVE TO DO?

WHAT WOULD DEEPLY HOLD YOUR INTEREST?

WHAT WOULD ENERGIZE YOU?

WHAT WOULD INTRIGUE YOU, FUEL YOUR CURIOSITY AND PASSION?

WHAT WOULD ENGAGE YOU…EVEN IF YOU ALREADY HAVE MILLIONS?

Might knowing that be your path to a greater, richer, more fulfilling, more meaningful and subjectively more significant life?

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Somewhere in each of us lies a hero like a sleeping giant waiting to make a difference in this world of ours. Harry Potter was the perfect example of the hero’s journey articulated by Joseph Campbell. We have J.K. Rowling to thank for bringing Harry to life within our imagination.

I absolutely love Harry Potter!

I believe that all of us, as young children wanted to believe in magic or we already did actually believe in it, until we basically out grew the concept. And, even if we did out grow the concept, there is still this “possibility” that magic could actually be possible!

So, J.K. Rowling hit a universal impulse, or persuasion, and I am so glad that she did!
That book was an absolute delight, and my daughter is now 24 years old, and we both fell in love with the book, and its creativity… we have the collection of the DVD’s. Its been a while, but we would snuggle up on the couch with all the cats, and watch those DVD’s, and loved every minute!

She touched families all over the world with that book. And, it really is a classic, coming of age story, where an 11 year old boy really forms strong moral reasoning and solidifies his identity through this process.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content