login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

How to live on 24 hours a day.

Hi. I liked this and thought I’d stop by and share it.
How to live on 24 hours a day

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Here is another good one.
Nature

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I thought this was good. It made me rethink, or take a closer look at concentration itself. I think many of us would benefit from focusing on focus, or concentrating on concentration in a deliberate way. Concentration is a very useful tool in our arsenal.
The Power of Concentration

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Talk to you guys later. Hope all is well. All is fine here. If you get time consider finding a copy of The Discourses of Epictitus and also The Meditations by Marcus Aurelius.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Nice to see some of you folks are still hanging around. The whole “focus” or “concentration” thing, I thought, was worth talking about. We have a tool chest full of tools and I think it is worth the time to take a good look at some of the tools themselves. It seems to me that it would be worth the time to hold some of our abstract ideas like “concentration” in our minds like they were real, physical things and ask ourselves, “what is this tool for, REALLY”, and am I actually USING this tool or just being passively content with the knowledge that there is a tool in my tool box that I COULD be using or maybe even kind of half-heartedly kidding ourselves that we ARE using, when in reality we aren’t REALLY using that tool at all. It’s just sitting there patiently waiting for us to pick it up.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content