login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

โ˜…-To Thine Own Self, Be True

• _________________________
  • ** poster Authenticity
  • ** And It Is So Affirmations
  • _____________________________
  • ** PDF textileRef:15243120036623bbb35008f:linkStartMarker:“Attributes of a Powerful Person.This is not a prescription; it is an evolving
    list of ways in which people empower themselves in the world”:http://www.drlaurabrown.com/media/PowerfulPerson.pdf by Dr. Laura Brown

• ** on criticism I am not a person who is afraid of criticism. After a long and fitful journey, I finally realized that my self-esteem is not on the line every time someone says something critical to or about me. No, I donโ€™t like criticism and yes, Iโ€™d love it if everyone in the world loved me, but thatโ€™s just not realistic. Therefore, not only am I open to constructive feedback, but I expect it at this point in my life. BUT – within that openness is my right to hear you out, listen to what you have to say and decide it doesn’t apply to me. Or I can simply disagree. And oh what freedom that is! I realized that while other people have the right to their opinion, I have the right to my opinion as well! And someone elseโ€™s commentary on my life or my behavior is simply that โ€“ an opinion. No more. No less. And nothing here on God’s green earth makes someone else’s opinion more important than mine. Sonia Twiggs Wharton

Staying True To Yourself

It is so important to clarify exactly what YOU want.
If you don’t give this good thought yourself, for yourself, then someone else will always be defining you, determining your direction.

Your thoughts or feelings related to a personal mission statement….

Mother Teresa’s Anyway Poem

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you’ve got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God;
It was never between you and them anyway.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

This is one of the most difficult things to do with your life. We all know the phrase, most have at least tried to apply it. Ultimately, the truer to yourself you are, the more successful you will be. It is that fundamental. Success may manifest itself as money, or status, or whatever you may be looking for. But those outcomes are much rarer than the real reward of being true to yourself: HAPPINESS.

If only it weren’t so hard to do.

Greatest site from Frankin Covey to help you create your own Mission Statement-Check it Out
added link that had been removed Go to bottom of that page-link…and click on business, personal or family (:

• ___________________________________________
    I think as time goes by, it gets easier to be true to yourself. My mother taught me some beautiful things about life, then I went out in the world and tried to find out what I thought was beautiful. I ended up using a lot of her lovely thoughts and ideas, later after I saw how right she was.

My purpose for sharing that is, after you see much of what doesn’t work, who you don’t want to emulate you become more clear about what is uniquely you’re own; even if it also is a shared idea by others.

What brings you joy? What motivates you? What would you do in a job even if you weren’t paid for it? What would you believe, even if no one agreed?

The world is full of options, and many ways you personally can create things to make them your very own.

Look up mission statements. I’ll find you some great links. Here’s one to help:

After filling in your answers, your personal mission statement will be a cinch.
Franklin Covey has a great interactive tool, that actually writes out your mission statement when you answer various questions. It is under repair now, and they will email me when they are up and running.

I like what Madcookieman said about listening to the real part of you
I think being true to yourself is #1 powertool(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie’s post:
Thanks for the link. I am working on it.

…what a wonderful world….

I think at some point in your life you set your purpose and decide what it is you want. Here is my purpose:

To nurture my own physical, emotional, and spiritual needs by living consciously and courageously, to resonate with love and compassion, and to awaken the great universal knowledge within others, to consciously embrace their extraordinary human journey, in service to the highest good of all and to leave this world in peace.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

In response to Poppy’s post:

Dear Poppy~ What a beautiful purpose!! I am very happy to have met you through bmindful!! That is just an awesome statement.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to laurie’s post:
I think you’re onto something when you say “as times goes by it becomes easier”.
When you’re young most people are still trying to impress everybody, keep everyone as a friend and not make too many enemies. As you get older though and carve out a niche for yourself with a few good friends, steady relationships and jobs and habits that mean something to you, it’s easier to let go of all the rest as you realise it was just trivial to begin with.
Having a purpose is awesome Poppy! well done in creating it so succinctly :)

Again, responding to Poppy’s post: So beautiful – cannot be improved upon and might be borrowed from:) Jan

Poppy’s post on his mission statement was beautiful. Well said!

while running.
i run like the wind!! i am connected to mind body and soul. i take this opportunity to release and grow. i accept myself fully. my love is like a flower unto the universe, growing, expanding and nourishing.

In response to Poppy’s post:
Wow Poppy! this is an amazing thing u have penned down.
It’s like a reflection of what i have in mind but never on paper.
You inspire me, Poppy.
All the best.

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

This may seem small, but I deleted this time consuming waste of time game I kept playing on facebook. That stuff can really suck you in. Been feeling kind of lost the last couple of days. I took a break from writing in my journal the last few days, I don’t know if you would call it a break – I just didn’t feel like writing in it. I have been sticking with my daily walking though. I came up with a new affirmation, “I am at peace with what is and open to the abundant source of all creation.” I feel a little off center for some reason and hope that will help. My ego keeps feeding me with feelings of doubt.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In re: MCM, I sometimes think that the feelings of doubt and off centeredness is a form of challenge/lesson. Is it time to refocus? You are such a creative, open and involved soul. I know you touch many of us with your contributions and deep inside you must know the universe will respond to your positive work, thoughts, feelings. I have these “off” times as well and what’s important to me is to (with gratitude) get into mine own self and be true) ramblin’ jan

Thanks Jancydat. I’ve been feeling the need lately to speak out more on what is going on in the U.S. I don’t think this is coming from my ego. I feel like it’s time to stop sitting on my hands and speak up for what I believe. I want to engage those with whom I disagree, not with hatred but through an open hand and mind. It seems to me that that is the best way to bring about positive change. I want to say to them, “Hey, tell me what you think, brother, tell me why you feel that way” and then really listen to what they have to say. Only in this way, by listening to those with which we disagree can we understand them and open a constructive dialogue, only in this way will they hear what I have to say. The government is festering with corruption and out of control greed and lust for power and it is time to speak up. We all have a voice. We all have a vote. We are powerful beings and thanks to the Founding Fathers we can tame this paper tiger that seems to have gotten too big for it’s britches. It is time to knock on the doors of our neighbors. It is time to become better informed and share what we learn and feel. To heal our country we have to become engaged and better informed. I’m sorry for the long post, I didn’t plan on getting carried away and I know that there are more appropriate forums than bmindful for this type of post, but then again, maybe this is the perfect forum for such discussion. Where better to discuss your concerns than with your friends and open minded intelligent people?

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I can only say that remaining true to myself is not always easy. It did however lead to my reason for stepping down from a leadership position. I’m soft spoken and treat people with kindness. Unlike another team leader , assistant supervisor and especially the supervisor. These three people all like to murmur and complain place blame and yell all the time. When going to work became more about petting these egos and less about quality and quantity of production , I knew I could not become what they thought I should be which is just like them. I could have stuck it out , eventually I could have made a difference but to what expense? All the emotions and energy I wasted during this time was taken away from my husband and daughter. Those moments with them I will never get back. So now I am refocusing my energy on what really matters and what is true to myself.

In response to D’Marie’s post:

Hello D’Marie good for you and knowing what is right for you. These people and others like them forget why there at work in the first place. You know that you are a good worker and are doing your best. At night you can rest assured being paid for a job well done. That is truly being true to yourself.

I really like what MadCookieMan said: โ€œI am at peace with what is and open to the abundant source of all creation.โ€

I often diverge from the path of finding myself. Today is day one in sticking to my path, and I have done so by “re“joining this site. A friend brought me here over two years ago, and I now realize what he was trying to do.

The thing that really seems to have me opposed to myself is the fact that I am at a ‘What am I going to do with myself,” point in life. Everything that was supposed to happen did not, but I am greatful for it because I would not be as strong as I am today. Yet, even with knowing that I find myself often wondering what I am going to do with my life.

Feedback would be great. To end positively, “I am my own, and I am wonderful.”

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content