login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Bring Out Your Best China & Silver

It’s time to celebrate-> everyday! There is a lot of pessimism going around with the economy these days. Keep up your wonderful thinking, and keep doing the next right thing.

Beyond doing all you can do, and being the best you can be->celebrate daily! I don’t mean get drunk(:

How many of you are saving various things for someday when you move, or maybe when you have that party and others can enjoy it-stuff?

Get your good stuff out now and make everyday a celebration. Eat your favorite (healthy (: ) festive meals, wear that favorite shirt, put on your party music, best china, or best casual-ware, best silver etc etc. Because you’re worth it everyday, and so are your loved ones(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Are you spying on me??? Heheheh… :) I was just writing another post about always using the good dishes… :)

The economy doesn’t impact my life directly (((a little affirmation to myself))), but I still think that the fact that it is all over the news and different media outlets that we should take this opportunity to celebrate the things in life that are meaningful and don’t cost anything.

GRATITUDE!!!! There is so much in everyone’s life to be grateful and you really don’t have to look hard. First of all, you are ALIVE. You have your breath, your eyesight, your hearing, your touch. Imagine if even one of those were taken away.

AMBIANCE – I am a very visual person (Laurie, you must be auditory with all your music knowledge). I love keeping a clutter free house with candles, incense, or scented oil. Laurie has inspired me to put soft music in the background. It has soothed my children’s wild side. Fresh flowers (tulips, daffodils & lilac are currently in bloom in my yard) all over the house in beautiful vases. Surround yourself with beauty.

PAMPERING – A lovely, warm bubble bath – a long massage to/from your partner, a stroll out in nature. Make up your own favorite freebie!

If my husband were here right now, I’d walk hand in hand in the nature trail across the street for at least an hour. He’d cook me a lovely lunch. We’d have a nice nap (what a treat that would be!). To me, that would be the best!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I agree completely.
Enjoy whatever you have now, they are no good sitting in the cupboard or closet or in the corner getting dusty or rusty.

…what a wonderful world….

I celebrate by dressing up and dancing round the living room!

I don’t have “good China”, it’s all out, it’s circulating and doing it’s thing in the kitchen :) I love beautiful tea cups and saucers, I collect them and sometimes I have “high tea” – just for the fun of it :)

Focus

I got out my bicycle the other day, man, a bicycle is a beautiful thing. You guys know what I’m talking about? Some things are just beautiful. What a great invention! I love the practicallity of a bicycle. Also, I love musical instruments. I have a couple of really beautiful guitars. Especially my Taylor 912; Solid Engleman Spruce top, solid Brazilian Rosewood back and sides, and Indian Mahogany neck, and an ebody fret board with lots of mother of pearl inlay! It’s something special, but just the design of musical instruments, all kinds, is really special to me. How cool are bagpipes? Did I ever tell you guys that when I was in Vienna I went to Beethoven’s house and I broke the rules. I touched his piano!!! I know, I know, you’re not supposed to do stuff like that, but not just anybody would appreciate it. I also touched the Rosetta Stone, but let’s not tell anyone, okay?

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:

I am going to do the bicycle thing myself. I just need to air up the tires and have this RAIN GO AWAY!! Anytime you are out in nature…it is so balancing!!

PS: I won’t tell your secret… I’d probably be guilty of it myself!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

My mom was an extremely loving lady. You would’ve had to have known her to know the depth of her care, concern, wishes and love for others. When she thought of someone, it was coupled with what could or would want to do to celebrate that person.

I am so glad she left that to me in her legacy. It makes for so many joyous interactions; even in the business world more of a celebration and something to be treasured. My Mom;loved that very special woman(:

When I’m at work, many coworkers mention the cranky or hateful people they meet. I often don’t even see what their observing. People are complex beings. There’s love in all of us. With some, it may be a little harder to see(: When the love isn’t visible, I believe it’s important to know it’s in there(:

Eventhough, I’ve been married a long time, I’ve decided today, to get back into showing how I care, like I would’ve decades ago. I’m sure my hubby would say I am demonstrative-> though I am going to start doing something very special for him daily. I’m going to give it lots of thought, and somehow wrap something up, even if it is just a quote or a loving-letter. If I care enough to make my exercise a routine, why not not make anticipated gifts for the person I spend my life with? That’s what my 20 year old-self would’ve thought of(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

You’ve done some pretty cool things MCM(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

You have a great idea there Laurie, I’m sure your hubby with appreciate it. I think some people forget how important support is; it’s easy to take people for granted.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to laurie’s post:

That reminds me of something I did for my husband that in retrospect was a little silly, but at the time meant a lot to him. :)

I gave him a basket of goodies… in it was several little gifts – and I cannot remember them all… But each came with a decorated note attached. I gave him a Bonzai tree to represent how rooted and secure he made me feel even though at the time I was feeling fragile. I gave him some candles because he was the light of my life. … A packet of flower seeds to represent how I wanted to see our love grow….

Maybe something little and meaningful between you and your husband would be cool or something that represented your relationship…

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
Yes, thank you both for your wonderful support and great ideas. My hubby and I admittedly are best friends, and I don’t feel either of us feel taken for granted, because of how we communicate->though on another note,one can always focus more on those meaningful people (like spouses, interesting friends and family) to let them know they are irreplacable.

Within my journaling, I’ve been asking myself questions that pertain to his philosophies, special interests and joys. I’ve also already mentioned to him, how I’d love if we both did this for one another;even if we just wrap up a quote or a poem. We get silly, and even enjoy little child-like toys. To this day, one little thing I bought him at a local discount store, in the toy dept. is one of his favorite gifts from me.

It is a hand held fan type kaleidoscope. You press a button on the bottom, it goes real fast, gives off a lot of air (fan), and the color patterns change beautifully.

I already feel he is thoughtful. Not only does he acknowledge all of thie areas I had mentioned I want to be more focused on for him, he introduces me to little things he likes to do, like making me jewelry in a “spare moment”.

-

Though, as you age in a relationship, it’s important to stand back, and remember where you both came from, where you both say you want to go, and keep it all fresh, as though it was the begining. This year, my hubby and I will be married 30 years. And in many ways we’re silly kids, and in other ways with responsibilities that seem to grow, we need to take time to stop and do nothing but appreciate for longer periods of time. We take few vacations, but love to simply take walks on the pier at the local beach.

It sounds like you both know what I mean. Thanks again for being -you guys(: It means a lot(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

birthday-quotes-osho-1931-1990-indian-mystic-www-osho-es.jpgd06036a1a7698afb4aa7b7ccae118956--positive-tattoos-positive-quotes.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Image result for treat yourself to life

Image result for treat yourself everyday of your life gif

Image result for treat yourself everyday of your life gif

Image result for treat yourself to life

Related image

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content