login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Vegetables (More Greens and Salads Please)

I am looking for great ways to include more greens and veggies in EVERY meal (and snacks if possible).

I Am the
Allowing Complete Unadulterated Readiness

Grow your own herbs! I seem to put parsley, basil or chives in just about anything I eat. Cut up a tomato and have a few torn basil leaves on top and maybe a splash of olive oil and that’s a beautiful snack, but it’s the herbs that make it WOW.

Go Japanese – Miso soup for breakfast with plenty of cut up veg sounds like a healthy start.

Make vege spreads to go on bread or crackers, or dips with vege sticks – like pumpkin & rosemary mash, or of course guacomole.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

You know, I actually juice this stuff. You may not like the lovely green color, but the flavor isn’t what you would think. I love Spinach & Carrots juiced with apples & whatever else I have hanging around. It is very tasty, but you have to get over the green color. I usually juice the vegetables separate from the fruit. I use the fiber from the vegetables for soup stock. I use the fruit to make some awesome cakes and breads.

My husband cooks with mostly vegetables. He always starts with chopped up onion & garlic sauteed in olive oil till transparent. Then he uses cubed vegetables of all different kinds and throws spices such as Ras el Hanout or Shawarma or whatever trips his trigger. He adds chicken or vegetable stock and boils it till the vegetables are soft. He serves it over a bed of rice, couscous – or dips homemade bread in it. Just get creative!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
I wouldn’t mind green color. Not being able to have carrots makes alot of juicing recipes nasty. Looking for good carrot-free juicing concoctions.
Love the sound of the chopped up onion & garlic sauteed in olive oil, yumm!

I’m waiting for some of your recipes. Sounds delicious!

I Am the

In response to Vivi is focused’s post:
You have my mouth watering also. I really think there’s a bmindful cook book coming. Oh, Lee and Mel, what do you think?

I Am the

A great way of getting veggies into your day is grate them up and add to cake, pancake or muffin batters – for tempting treats.

As you would with carrot cake, try, courgette, beetroot, pumpkin/butternut squash (MM has great pumpkin pancake recipie).

Brocolli added to a savoury pancake mix would make a really funky looking starter served with creme fraiche or cucumber/yoghurt raita? Just throwing out ideas here, but you get the general jist – the list is endless.

Imagine blini’s flavoured and coloured with beetroot…topped with a dollop of creme fraiche and caviar – how cool would that look for a dinner party??

To avoid using wheat flour in cakes etc, try using potato or cassava flour – particularly if you are on a gluten free diet.

A ;o)

A full and thankful heart..

In response to anoushka_f’s post:
Isn’t potato flour heavy?

I Am the

In response to Laurie:
All carbohydrates have a heaviness about them, but wheat causes bloatedness so using potato flour avoids this and is rich in b vitamins. Good for coeliacs. Generally cakes are heavy but are made lighter by sifting, lightening with egg whites or just using less flour and a touch of baking powder.

hee hee hee, I hide veges in lot of meals – just don’t tell Lee!!

my best friend is the Bamix
When I make nachos i blend the beans and tomatoes with mushrooms, carrot and kale. you’d never know!
same with anything that would otherwise be mince type base (if you ate meat) so spaghetti sauce, lasagna etc.
soups are good too. a clear-ish broth with lots of vege, rice noodles and lentils. mmm

In response to melt86’s post:
GREAT IDEA, MEL!!

I Am the

Thanks, I ask this because I recently tried some pasta made from potato flour, and smallest portion was all I could handle. Maybe it was just that product(:

I Am the

Wonderful ideas!

I Am the

Another great salad that is slightly unusual and would go well with almost all types of grilled meats, fish or a vegetarian side dish.

Grated carrot, grated radish, raisins, caramelised onions (cook down with a little honey until dark brown and sweet), toasted coriander and cumin seeds (dry fry then pound in a pestle and mortar), black pepper and poppy seeds. Fresh coriander leaves to garnish.

Fragrant and yummy. Just came to mind as I missed lunch and am planning a great pre-dinner salad for after work to stop me reaching for the cookie jar before dinner is cooked! I might not do the roasted onion as it will take too long!!! lol! but I think it would taste great this way.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content