login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Warm Soup To Warm The Cockles Of Your Heart

Ohhhh its getting really chilly over here in New Zealand, we are going to be in for some cold wintery nights for sure, we are having hot pumpkin soup and beef,vegetable and pasta soup tonight for dinner to warm the ol’ cockles of the heart, what are your favourites that pleases and warms you to a cosy state of filfulment?

Sending always much love Dee ;-)

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I’ve never heard of pumpkin soup. What does it taste like, sounds interesting. Are you gonna make me some when I come over?

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:

Oh lol yes I will make you some for sure! Pumpkin soup is yummy and creamy, nice with a dopple of lite sour cream.

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well, you KNOW you are going to have to share the recipe, now – Dee!! ;)

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

we made potato and leek soup for tea last night. With lots pf fresh spelt soy and linseed bread . Mmmmmm

In response to melt86’s post:

Oh that sounds very yummy Mel! Care to share me with your recipe “nudge nudge wink wink” I havent tried fresh spelt soy? What is it?

Yes, I’d love your recipe too(:

I Am the
Allowing Complete Unadulterated Readiness

It was a pretty easy recipe –
7 potatoes
1 leek (I wish i used two though)
lots of garlic
vege stock
salt
pepper

i browned the leek and garlic first and then threw it all in the slow cooker. 4 hours later it was soft and soupy. i gave it a mash and added some parsley and basil.
we were grubs and just pulled off chunks of the bread from the loaf. it was sooo good. a fresh loaf from the farmer’s market. :)

Oh yummy Mel! Thankyou for your recipe and dur for me lol, now I have clicked what fresh spelt soy is, its the bread!

Have you ever had Mungbeans soup? I love it. It is very easy but takes veeeryyyy long. Just cook them until they all fall into a mash by themselves. Add onions (fried or not) at some point, they will also desolve. Salt and pepper, I like adding some turmeric also while cooking.

…what a wonderful world….

In response to aftab’s post:

No I havent tried mungbeans. I have not heard of them before, I will have a look around for them on my shopping day this Thursday. Cool Aftab, thankyou for sharing your easy reciepe! :-)

This is for Mad Cookie Man – I’m not sure why pumpkin soup is not a hit in America like it is in NZ & Aust – we don’t have pumpkin in cans, and we actually eat pumpkins we don’t turn them into lanterns!

Take a real pumpkin (or butternut squash it can be called in UK) – I use kent, jap, butternut, Qld blue, seeminly anything that isn’t in a can or with a candle stuck in it! Maybe a half or quarter would do, but the soup freezes well if you make too much.

You could boil pieces, but for the best flavour roast wedges for about an hour – it goes nice & sweet & if you roast you don’t have to cut the skin off until after it is cooked, I roast with rosemary and a little olive oil.

In the pot – boiling water or veg stock (any kind of stock what you please) to cover the pumpkin, some flavour like sautéed onion or garlic, some fresh herbs at the end like parsley or chives, salt & pepper to taste. Blitz it with a stick blender & voila! Eat with your favourite buttery toast. Consistency is thick but still liquid, you can add a little warm milk or sour cream if you like. Africans make a very thick pumpkin soup with lots of spices.

visit taste.com.au and search pumpkin soup for many variations.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
Sorry that post was too long and it’s really really simple to make! I might add you don’t even need a blender and can just mash it for a chunkier style soup and still just as yummy.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

I agree – I don’t understand why pumpkins aren’t more popular here in the states. I LOVE them!! In the winter months, I eat tons of pumpkin & squash. They go great in soups & stews… as well as how they eat it here…pumpkin pie. I’m happy to eat them straight from the oven with a little olive oil & a spritz of different herbs & spices. Mmmmm!!

Here is another recipe from my website that is awesome:

Winter Squash & Apple Soup

Oh wait! This one is really yummy, too! It’s got sweet potatoes instead:

Sweet Potato Soup w/Rosemary

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
I’m going to try those – I’ve never heard of apple in pumpkin soup but that sounds really good.
When I was in Scotland friends never had pumpkin soup either, they said it was what they fed to the pigs! I showed them (and added a little bacon to the soup and they LOVED it).

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
PS – Love your website !

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content