login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★More effective methods of affirming?

I was reading “The Power of Your Subconscious Mind” by Joseph Murphy. At one point in the book, he says that just affirming “words” can be more powerful than affirming “statements”.

For example, instead of saying a statement such as “I am a millionaire” he says that affirming words such as “wealth”, “success”, “money” are more effective.

Another example:
Instead of saying “I am confident”, you would affirm single words such as “confidence”, “self esteem”, “courage”, etc.

Do you think single words can be more effective than affirming statements?

Interesting. For a beginner, do you recommend “I choose” statements over “I am” statements?

Like “I choose to be confident” instead of “I am confident”.

Of course! Its whatever makes YOU feel good about what you are writing and affirming. Just because you don’t make up affirmations that sound really strong and like its totally there already — does not mean you are doing ANYTHING wrong! You do what makes YOU feel comfortable with your affirmations as long as you know you are headed in the direction you want to go!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Imagine

Thanks. I was just unsure of whether or not “comfort zone” would be considered a negative, and whether it should be reworded without those two words in it.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content