login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Power of Vulnerability

“Vulnerability is not weakness. And that myth is profoundly dangerous.” Brené Brown

Watch this talk »
TED Video The Power of Vulnerability
Brené Brown studies human connection — our ability to empathize, belong, love. In a poignant, funny talk, she shares a deep insight from her research, one that sent her on a personal quest to know herself as well as to understand humanity. A talk to share. (Filmed at TEDxHouston.)

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

video Social researcher Professor Brené Brown speaks to Whitney Fitzsimmons.

video-thread TED Video The Power of Vulnerability-same as one in intro

Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket–safe, dark, motionless, airless–it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable. C. S. Lewis

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

“As long as anyone believes that his ideal and purpose is outside him, that it is above the clouds, in the past or in the future, he will go outside himself and seek fulfillment where it cannot be found. He will look for solutions and answers at every point except where they can be found — in himself.” – Erich Fromm

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

SOME SPORTS ANNOUNCER ASKED CHARLES BARKLEY,WHEN HE WAS PLAYING
IN THE NBA FINALSCHARLES HOW DO YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE AT THOSE
TENSE MOMENTS WHEN THE GAME IS ON YHE LINE”?
AND HE THOUGHT FOR A MOMENT AND SAIDPRESSURE!!!ISN’T THAT SOMETHING YOU PUT IN TIRES

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

VULNERABILTY IS PERHAPS A GOOD THING IT CAN REMIND YOU THAT YOUR NOT THE
THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE,AND IT’S A WAY OF GIVING THE EGO A REST.

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

Thinking of a witty or wise comment to this theme of love being the proper drug so to speak.

Off the cuff I will say this as a human who has wisdom from life experience.

If you understand the wisdom of investing or loving yourself first,you are not so dependant or

vulnerable to the other persons decisions.

In response to SelfcareEnthusiastEnergy♡˚'s post:

Powerful topic! Thank you for putting this up.

Being undefended is a remarkable beauty. One thing that I find is that it allows for us to be natural and comfortable just "being". 

There are so many defended ways of not connecting. I think being open and vulnerable means that you have grown your inner element, and you comfortable with who you are. You are comfortable being comfortable! It's like learning balance, and after you learn it, it becomes natural.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

In response to Kathi's post:In response to Serenity Bay's post:

so true

The power of being!

so well said

There are so many defended ways of not connecting. I think being open and vulnerable means that you have grown your inner element, and you comfortable with who you are. You are comfortable being comfortable! It's like learning balance, and after you learn it, it becomes natural.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

“I am whole, perfect, strong powerful loving harmonious and happy, I can do all things through Spirit. Christ and all spiritual people throughout the course of history that strengthen me”

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”

0eebc69828480fc62abaa0e2e3ca6514.png

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

“Never apologize for being sensitive or emotional.
Let this be a sign that you've got a big heart and aren't afraid to let others see it.
Showing your emotions is a sign of strength.”
― Brigitte Nicole

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Feeling vulnerable bookmarking this thread, lots of good posts though.

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”

“Vulnerability is the birthplace of love, belonging, joy, courage, empathy, and creativity. It is the source of hope empathy, accountability, and authenticity.” Brene’ Brown

“If we want greater clarity in our purpose or deeper and more meaningful spiritual lives, vulnerability is the path.”  Brene’ Brown

“When you shut down vulnerability you shut down opportunity.”

Brene’ Brown

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

This time of my life is definitely filled with moments of vulnerability. I am

willing to do, be whatever I need to… to be where I am needed to be.

Grateful.

“Vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. Truth and courage aren’t always comfortable, but they’re never weakness.” – Brené Brown

To love someone fiercely, to believe in something with your whole heart, to celebrate a fleeting moment in time, to fully engage in a life that doesn’t come with guarantees – these are risks that involve vulnerability and often pain. But, I’m learning that recognizing and leaning into the discomfort of vulnerability teaches us how to live with joy, gratitude and grace.” – Brené Brown

What a Gift, being able to read this thread!

Vulnerability allows me to speak freely and remove my pretense and be real about myself and whats happening in my world.  

I don't often allow for it. 

What I think I learned while writing this, is that I disallow this even w/ just myself. Being defended is another way of not trusting, not living in faith, yet, I have nurtured my faith in all my ways.

I know in the past I was much more open and it was easy and effortless. 

I accept that I am exactly where I need to be and I accept that I am growing in many ways and I am cultivating an inner acceptance that is based in self care.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

In response to Joy Grows here's post:

much appreciation for you and your sharing.thank you!

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content