login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Wedding dreams shattered

Hi All,

I have known for a while now, but it is edging nearer to the date I was supposed to be getting married to my fiancee on the white sands of Mauritius.
About a month ago we had to cancel our wedding due to circumstances beyond our control. This means that we now need to start our wedding plans again from scratch settling for a simpler ceremony here in the u.k – of which we cannot even begin to plan until the circumstances improve. Plus there is little money left. My family didnt cancel their flights and they are all out there without us – as there was no sense in them cancelling flights.

To cut a long story short I am in need of some affirmations to kick my behind and stop me from wallowing in self pity. I do not want sympathy, I dewsperately need a fresh outlook that will make me realise that this is all part of God’s plan….that this IS divine guidance and I should trust it. Sure, I’m dissapointed that we are not having our dream wedding on Friday, but instead are sufferring stress from these circumstances but I want to be grateful for what we DO have – our love. Thats one thing that wont change, provided I dont let frustration and other negative emotions creep in…..

I hope you guys can offer some kick-ass affirmations that get me living in the solution and not the problem!

Blessings to you all.

Anoushka

A full and thankful heart..

Do you know how many ceremonies I’ve had for my marriage? My 1st official wedding in a beautiful place, only my folks couldn’t attend because my mom was in the hospital. I went on with my plans.

Another one, another real one 9 mos. later, that was huge, that my folks gave. We celebrate both anniversaries (so 2x a year->we have anniversaries)

I got to wear my dress again, 5 years after we were married; had a beautiful catered celebration.

And then 25 years later we reaffirmed our vows again. You can have as many weddings as you like. You can make them all as beautiful and as symbolic as you like. Your celebrations are only as limited as your beliefs. The most important things are that you remain one anothers best friend, for both of you to have separate and joint dreams, and affirm the quality of each moment, regularly->because this moment is all you have.

Plan for tomorrow, but live today in truth about what really matters. Life is too short to waste a single moment of wishing for things that can’t happen as you think it should. Sometimes the mere fact of not getting your wish, you end of getting a dream that you didn’t plan at all.

Life isn’t always story-book happy. It’s better than that, once you accept what is, and build on what is important and right in fronr of your eyes->love.
Congratulations on your upcoming celebration(s)! May you celebrate regularly forever, everything, every chance you get.

Excuse the ramble, but I literally just woke up.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thankyou Laurie,

Thats lovely. I can only hope we can afford to create a low budget ceremony here (once the situation improves) with what we have left. Its not where or when we get married that counts….its who you marry!!! I leave it in God’s hands. And you know what….maybe we will celebrate alone on Friday – have our own private wedding!!! LOL. Make it a day to remember anyhow – you can never have too much of those!
Sending you lots of love and blessings for your wonderful spirit. A ;o)

Private ceremonies can be very special Low budget can be good! Renewals of vows can happen when you can afford it. Be creative with what you say, with color, with things that are symbols to you and your love. I have confidence in your ceremony (or ceremonies? (: ) and the celebrating of your love and life together.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I had three different wedding celebrations for my 2nd marriage with my husband. We got married legally in Las Vegas, and then my company flew me to Ireland (alone) on an emergency for two weeks the following day. We had a religious ceremony to keep peace in the family. Then, we had a wedding party ceremony based on his cultural traditions – which was cool because I got to wear 4 different, very beautiful wedding dresses. These all happened within a year of our actual legal marriage. Nothing like spreading the love!

A lot of young people get stuck on the wedding ceremony. That is just one moment in time. The important part happens as you embark every day as a couple – building your life together one day at a time.

I still look at my husband with teenager eyes. He is such a little hottie. He still makes my heart pitty pitty pat after eleven years of marriage and three children. The ceremony was just a few minutes out of a most precious life together. The big picture is what you do after the “I Do”.

You know, the answer may come if you quiet your mind and ask your “higher self” for a solution. Who says it has to be traditional? Maybe you will come up with an awesome solution just perfect for the two of you. My friend got married under-water in a scuba suit. Hey – whatever tickles your fancy!

Good Luck – and congratulations!! I know you will work it out to your highest and greatest good!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Thankyou MM – I was so hoping to get some words of wisdom from you! You are right, its about the marriage not the wedding. In fact I feel I already have a lifelong bond with my ‘other half’ and I am putting my energy into making the marriage work – I have stopped worrying about the wedding being cancelled. I can often be a people pleaser and worry about other people…..the money they spent on the wedding, the tickets, the bookings etc….but I know that this is wasted energy. I am confident we have made the right decision about cancelling the wedding and thats what matters. The worry mounted due to the upsetting circumstances – but hey, why worry about what you cant control? Worry is negative energy…so today, I let it go. No resentments!!
Thankyou Laurie also! I look forward to hearing more from you both.
A ;0)

Your love and unity continues even stronger in the face of adversity. Knowing what is really important you will have the wedding/s that was meant to be. In the future you will have a fantastic story to share with your friends and family. Much happiness to you from Jan. Mmoi!

In response to anoushka_f’s post:

May you be blessed with many years of bliss, memories, and unending love.

Jan is so right! Any adversity only brings you closer and stronger. I can see you radiate with much love for your fiancee and it will only grow as the years pass.

((( BIG HUGS )))

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

affirm: “ when the constellations are in perfect order and in line with mine and my chosen companion’s destiny my ceremony of marriage will take place “

“ when my turn comes in the universal way to be married it will be divine “

everything happens for a reason much unknown to us at the time ..but only time will tell ..

i was married to my beautiful man overlooking a beach ..with our two lil children as our witness ..at that moment it didnt matter where we were that moment felt right and it was juz between us .. youll come to know the true reason in future and it wont seem so horrible .. i hope you both went out for tea or sat in together ..

Oceanenity – thankyou for your kind affirmations. Meditating mama – as always so loving and warm and Jan thankyou for putting it into perspective. We had a little weekend away and it was just beautiful. My fiancee showered me with love and gifts and surprises – it was so unexpected. The romantic events and offerings that he had planned so beautifully just blew me away. An anniversary we will celebrate for life. We did get married this weekend. A marriage of hearts and souls by candlelight with God as our witness. It was perfect. I am so grateful for all the good that is coming towards me from all you wonderful ladies and my dear fiancee. The law of attraction is blessing me tenfold from the love I radiate. Thanks guys – your good wishes were recieved even though I didnt read them until I got back! ;o) xxxx

CONGRATULATIONs
So actually you eloped in the viceversa sense :-) Sent off the family far enough and got married privately

…what a wonderful world….

LOL Aftab! Nice one!!! ;o)

CONGRATULATIONS NEWLYWEDS!A long beautiful life to you both

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you. Now, the REAL fun begins!! I wish you both a life filled with all you desire – and more!!

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content