login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Classical Music

Vivaldi-Concerto for Two Violins in A Minor RV522

lots of music has been deleted…please continue to add…(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I love a lot of classical stuff. I’ll list some stuff that I think you will like.

Samuel Barber’s Adagio for Strings
I would also post Mozart’s Requiem Mass, but it has quite a few parts, but it is well for listening to.
Simple Gifts from Copeland’s Appalachian Spring
There are a LOT of versions of Pachabel’s Canon in D, here is a nice one
New World Symphony
Here is the first movement of Dvorak’s 9th symphony, the New World.
You owe it to yourself to listen to the whole thing.
The Great Gate of Kiev
Part of Mussorgsky’s Pictures at an Exhibition.
The whole piece is wonderful, another one you should listen to in it’s entirety. Also by Mussorgsky is Night On Bald Mountain
Another wonderful work is Carmina Beurana by Carl Orff
That is the “Oh Fortuna” part, but it is an incredible work. He used the oldest known written music when composing this.
Here is part of Stravinsky’s Rite of Spring
To me, the Rite of Spring is one of the most moving and important pieces ever written. Please listen to this while your are still alive!
Here is Mars from Holst’s Planets. Every movement is wonderful. He didn’t consider it his best work, but I love it.
Here is John William’s Imperial March from Star Wars
He is a great composer and I actually have his autograph! It’s really a big deal to me.
I wish I had been on the ball. I should have written him for his autograph too. Jerry Goldsmith died not too long ago. He was a wonderful composer. Here is part of Star Trek
Here is Victor Borga having a little fun with Franz Liszt’s wonderful piece Hungarian Rhapsody #2
I Love Victor Borga too.
Richard Wagner is known for his over the top massive pieces. Here is The Ride of the Valkyries
I’m sure if you look around you can find a better version, but my mind is spinning with so many great pieces I want to post I keep getting side tracked looking for good versions of stuff.
For a little fun I’m gonna post the Finale to William Tell Overture by Rossini
I always enjoy Verdi’s The Anvil Chorus
Here is Paul Dukas’s Sorcerer’s Apprentice
I can think of lots more stuff I might post later.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I used to be a singer and I sang lots of classical, so my slant is toward choral music. Even though I am a violinist, my taste for violin music is mostly for Irish or folk music.

One of my all time favourites is Mozart’s Requiem Mass

Focus

For you Freya – Fiddler’s Bid from the Shetland Islands (love them).

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

Here is a piece that I have loved since my teens ( and I still remember it – ha) I played oboe in band and wish I had continued… Anyway, I posted this before but it was at the end of a thread so I don’t know if anyone heard it. Chopin Polonaise Op 53 by Bunin

I’m with you on Requierm Mass, I love that piece. I’m a big fan of celtic music too.

Here is something I LOVE that you will dig Freygan.
A gift for Freygan
Another Prize for you Celtic Lovers

I’m kinda getting off topic, but you guys really get me going sometimes!
I could spend days listening to celtic stuff! A lot of country and bluegrass have roots here. Also, celtic music has some Spanish roots. Have you ever heard of the “Black Irish?” I believe they were an Irish “tribe” or something like that with Spanish ancestry. I’m not positive, but some of you may be able to comment. My ancestry on my dad’s side was French, (Dumas), but my mom’s ancestry was Irish, or more accurately “Black Irish”.
Incidentally, I have some Pawnee Indian too! So don’t get me riled up!!!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Here is some interesting music trivia for you. You probably know about Beethoven going deaf, but did you know that J.S. Bach had twenty children. (Sadly ten of them died in infancey.) He was an incredibly prolific writer, (As was Mozart), I have only familiar with a small portion of either of their music, though I love it. Can you imagine what those guys could have done with today’s technology! I suspect their brains would have exploded.

Johann Sebastian Bach
Air
Technically, I think this is called “Air on G String.”

This spooky piece is often played at “Haunted Houses.”
Toccata& Fugue in D Minor

I found this nice link to a bunch of music terms used in all kinds of music, but especially “classical” type stuff.
Musical Terms

Here is a movement, or section, from one of the “Brandenber Concertos.”
You will recognize this Bach – Brandenburg Concertos No.3 – i: Allegro Moderato

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Oyoyooo I hadn’t been here before. I love alot of these pieces, Carmina Burana, Tucata …
The Celtic stuff are so powerful. I LOVE anything Irish …. (ok, not much into the stew)

Here’s my contribution:
Moldau -Smetana
Hungarian Dance 5 -Brahms
Moonlight Sonata -Beethoven

This one to be heard especially on violin
Serenade -Schubert

…what a wonderful world….

This is an all time favorite that always brings me peace.

Johann Strauss-Blue Danube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CTYymbbEL4

Johann Strauss The Emperor Waltz- My favorite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8oSgMpNn2o

I GREET THIS DAY WITH LOVE IN MY HEART!

Sergei Rachmaninoff plays his Piano Concerto No. 2

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Don Giovani last act
The peak start at the 4th minute

…what a wonderful world….

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content