login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★✎Who here loves to write? 

thread from 2013-here’s to bringing into present

• Quotes

“Writing is very much a playground – an artistic playground. It’s the most fun thing I do.” – Shania Twain

• _______________
    Are you someone who loves to write? I want to discuss with others who have a passion for writing?
    Whether it’s journaling , doing research /critical thinking/creative writing/planning your dreams, finding words for experience… etc …do you have a passion for writing?
  • _______________
    Writing as a Therapy
  • ____________
    Cognitive Creativity
    “Two different types of motivation influence creativity. Intrinsic motivation is when people are motivated to do a task just for its own sake. In other words, people do it because they enjoy it. Intrinsic motivation promotes creativity. In contrast, extrinsic motivation is when people complete a task because they want to win a competition, earn a promised reward, or avoid a penalty. The task is completed because it must be done, not because it is enjoyable, fun or challenging. Often these tasks involve being judged, evaluated, or graded. Generally, extrinsic motivation decreases creativity.”

Conditions of the Flow

-What do you especially want to remember today (focus on just one this morning): how to increase your patience? be courageous? don’t stereotype people, don’t be dismissive? how to work on dealing with frustration? anticipating and striving to manage your anger? remember to be open to joy? be in the moment? remember to be grateful? be gentle with yourself and your imperfections?

Begin by taking a few deep breaths, let go of the busyness of the day, the routine, the pressing demands. Claim the luxury and integrity of this time, allow it to nourish you.

-Recenter: what am I grateful for this afternoon, right now? Remember, describe, one small moment this morning that was a pleasure, that brought a smile, that was meaningful, rich.

-Slow down, stop, freeze frame: what do I want to change about how this day is going, how I am going in this day? Let the writing help you to reorient, shift, make a change.

-How am I living in my body today? Listen, with love – what do I need?

-Who am I, what do I cherish about myself? How can I make that manifest in my world today?

-Evening – Reflecting on the day that is coming to an end
(focus on just one of the following; perhaps give yourself a little more time for this writing)

-Remember something unique about the day, something wonderful, or troubling; or, notice a vivid image from the day; or, attend to the first memory that springs to mind, perhaps an overlooked, seemingly inconsequential moment: What happened? Explore in detail. And how is it significant for you?

(Remember, this is not a catalogue of the day’s events, it’s an opportunity to interpret, to make meaning, to integrate experiences that normally just rush by.)

-What did you learn today – about the world? another person? yourself?

-What delighted you? moved you? disturbed you? confused you? Tell the story.

-Did you challenge yourself today? take a risk? how? What happened?

-Were you afraid of something today? what? why? How did it turn out?

-How did you live in your body today? Why?

-With whom did you make a connection today? what happened?

-What surprised you today – and what is significant about that?

-What questions are you left with today?

• _______________

“Writing is another powerful way to sharpen the mental saw. Keeping a journal of our thoughts, experiences, insights, and learnings promotes mental clarity, exactness, and context.” – Stephen R. Covey

• _______________