login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Memories of our Mums

As it is Mothers Day on Sunday here in the UK ,I thought it would be an idea to share memories about our Mums

My beloved Mum passed over 4 years ago and she was a fantastic Mum .Her name was Barbara and she was beautiful inside and out.

As I’m a single Mum life has been a bit lonely at times ,but Mum was always there to support me and the kids .She shared her home when we needed a place to live ,was a wonderful Nan – always had a supply of chocolate buttons and cuddles for my babies .She shared sports day’s cheering the loudest ,carol services,church parades with Brownies,Boys Brigade.Was as excited as me with every school photograph.

When we moved here 16 years ago she came to see us every tuesday until she was 82- a 2 hour journey each way,always with a bunch of flowers for me and a lovely smile and great big hug.

I had a very happy childhood ,a true free spirit climbing trees,paddling in streams and riding down the country lanes where we lived.Mum was a great cook and always had home made cookies ,cakes in the tin.

Mum taught me so much ,how to knit ,make pastry,feed a family on a budget,recognise different wild flowers,how to be a good Mum.She took me to the Philarmonic Hall in Liverpool to hear Beethovans 5th symphony when I was 11 and I felt so grown up.

She lived for her family and loved her home – her and Dad called it Marrolomeda and had a wooden sign made which we now have to put up on our home when we move – it means “ best place on earth “

We didn’t have a lot of money but we had the most precious gift in the world – unconditional love from our Mum and Dad and a happy home .

So many things remind me of her ,the scent of roses,black magic chocolates,shortbread,pine cones,ladybirds,cherry blossom trees,garden gnomes,classical and opera music.

Her prescence is always with me ,I know she is still watching over me ,her child .

I am so grateful to have been her daughter .

here is Mum and Dads “our tune” your my best friend

I love your thoughts, memories and this thread. It will be a joy to share on here …on my return visit to the site(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thanks Selfcare ,looking forwards to hearing about your Mum

love flowergirl

In response to flowergirl’s post:

This is such a heartwarming song, the words are so beautiful and it makes me feel real good. Thanks a lot FG. Happy Mothers day to you! (:

I really loved my mom too, she used to make the most delicious cakes that had chocolate caramel frosting on the top. When we came from school she had it all cut in squares and would serve it with a cup of her delicious coffee.

She was an Aquarius and loved many avantgarde things. She would shop at thrift stores and bring us such beautiful and unusual gifts. I remember her playing the piano and she would be real happy playing it. She used to like Chuck Berry too and would call him Jack Berry. She really loved this song so much too.

You Never Can Tell

• and yes(: happy Mothers day Flowergirl(:
  • In response to Godschild’s post:
    Such beautiful mom stories. Thank you also Godschild(: Thank you for sharing your precious memories. What is it about mom’s that were so special, that it creates that special place in us for a lifetime?
  • ~~~~~~~~~
    All I can say is I’m eternally grateful for the mom I had also
  • My mom taught me about love for self and others, enthusiasm about life, and creating a party in my mind when engaging in activities.
  • She taught me about letting go with love…she just didn’t know it(: If my brothers whom she taught me to love & respect were being unkind…she’d say they aren’t your boss…forget them…go do something nice for you(:
  • She didn’t use a lot of effort to make the day great…she saw it that way in advance, and invited me to join in and create my day as well.
  • Even when she became legally blind, she still believed everything looked well.
    Thank you forever my precious mom(:
  • ~~~~~~~~~
    Mom loved Judy Garland:
    Judy Garland singing Over The Rainbow
  • ~~~~~~~~~
    Favorite memories as a child:
    favorite places we went: Going out to eat and loving every morsel together, favorite gifts: receiving a toy …no matter how small…to show she was thinking of me
    favorite things she said: being told I was able to do whatever I chose, and that I had a loving spirit …

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Sometimes it feels like my Mom and other loved ones who aren’t around anymore aren’t gone. It feels like they are just in the next room. I can hear my Mom’s voice and picture her so clearly. I was thinking about that earlier today. It was a good feeling.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

A very warming thread, personally I think of many endless and often pointless arguments with my mum. And then I think…I would consider it strange to not have conflict with mums and dads alike. as we grow up we change and this change is hard to adjust to sometimes. it is only now, in my twenties, I realise that every second of my mums presence had made me a well rounded individual – if I do say so myself :D. She had at least 50% to do with that.

It’s up to me to make sure she knows it this mothers day.

Peace

In response to SelfcareEnthusiast’s post:

Selfcare what a very loving post you put about your mom. We are so fortunate to have such love in our lives.

Ditto, GC! We are very lucky to have Selfcare around here!

And at this time, I’d like to introduce a new award. The Bmindful Bucket Award.
The Bucket Award for short. FG, please come to the front of the class to have two buckets dumped on your head! Two buckets of flowers, that is. You see, The Bucket Award is an imaginary bucket of flowers that you are allowed to dump on any bmindfuller at any time for doing sumpin’ good. While I’m at it, here’s a bucket for you Selfcare and one for you too, GC!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

It is lovely to hear about your Mums ,thanks for sharing .I know Mums spirit is with me ,so often there is the scent of roses ,her face powder or a rainbow at the perfect time and I know she is here

love flowergirl

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:
aw cookieman thank you for your wonderful bucket award,you are great .

I would like to dump a bucket of flowers on you to say thanks

love flowergirl

ps back soon with more buckets

And another for you too SRWE you truly deserve it too!

Mother Of Mine

for my beloved Mum

In response to textileRef:18364046706623bbbc6cdd0:linkStartMarker:“flowergirl’s
post”:http://bmindful.com/forum/thread/3303/memories-of-our-mums-#post30136:
In response to Godschild’s post:
Wonderful feeling …knowing our loved ones are still part of our now..isn’t it? (:
I agree Godschild…a bucket for flowers for smartroutines….
I like that idea of bucket of flowers for members
Every now & then you want to let a member know they triggered something so wonderful…what a nice visual to do so…the flowers
In response to flowergirl’s post:
Thank you for that beautiful song flower girl. I love heartfelt songs like that..thanks for sharing the beauty of your mum…and starting threads like this to feel those feelings about all of our moms [with others here who enjoy experiencing that bond] (:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content