login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Anyone play or like to play a musical instument

Hippie guitar

Aynone here play an instrument and/or want to play one .I was dreaming about owning another guitar and found this one – isn’t it great ,given me lots of ideas for painting mine when I get one .I had one as a teenager and was learning to play it at school but broke it in half !

Also learned recorder at school and set myself the challenge when I joined church choir to learn to play every hymn in the book which I managed ,about 360 I think .

Must have driven my parents mad .

What a beautiful guitar! It takes guts to even consider doing that to a Martin, but, sometimes it pays to be bold!

Over the last couple of days I have been sort of doing a computer makeover and one of the things I did was to add some stickies to my desktop of songs I want to learn. I have a stickie open on my desktop right now for a Van Morrison’s Bright Side of the Road. Lyrics with chords. I also added some “rolled up” stickies with other songs I want to learn.

I just got a “bargain” classical guitar on ebay too. It looks a lot like a Yamaha, but I think it was one that was made for a different market than the US. I won’t go into that stuff, but it’s got a nice tone. I’m going to be bold myself and lower the action when the weather warms up a bit and I can get out in the shop.

There are some pretty good guitar barbains out there if you keep your eyes and ears open. You can get some steals on vintage Harmony guitars on ebay if you know what you are looking for. Also, there are some very nice handmade guitars you can get from Mexico for very reasonable prices. Again, it’s worth it to read a bit. There are lots BEAUTIFUL hunks of junk out there.

There are also some beautiful, and from what I’ve read pretty nice, Ukuleles coming out of Vietnam now that are real bargains. It’s pretty easy to find a good ukulele for a low price. You can even build one if you are handy.

Have you ever heard of a Cigar Box guitar? Those are really neat and you can build a really neat and unique instrument yourself for about thirty bucks if you have just one drop of moxie. I made one myself a few years ago and it looks very nice.

Here is my friend (famous guitar acquaintance) playing a Cigar Box and NO, he’s not insane, lol.
Check out Richard Leo Johnson
Here is another “famous” friend of mine. Richard Gilewitz

I’ve gotten to play with both of these guys. I, of course, suck by comparison.

Here’s a cigar box guitar with a pool cue neck

I built mine as a six string, but most of them have three string. You can even make an Altoid Box guitar.

You can find a program on the net that you can use to make a print out on your home printer that you can use to get the fret positions right for whatever length neck you make. I made mine with frets, but you can make one without frets also and play it with a slide.

Altoids Guitar with Altoids Amp

Dig this video of custom art work on guitars. You might be inspired, fg.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content