login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★The Gift of a Brick by Ton Pascal

The Gift of a Brick
by Ton Pascal

How many times have you asked yourself, “Why is this happening to me?” or “Why is God punishing me?”

Maybe you don’t even believe in God, but nevertheless, when something bad hits you over the head, you put in question someone, “Who threw me this punch?”

If you believe in God or a Force that connect and guide our dimensions you will pray and try to find comfort in your beliefs. If not, the road will be long, wide and hard.

As one of these believers I pass to you this simple advice, if God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

What I call spirituality is not going to church every Sunday or joining any mystic group. Spirituality is being responsible for all of your thoughts and actions. The forces of the universe will take care to coordinate these thoughts and actions and transform your life and the world.

Whatever word you give to your problem and choose to search on the Internet for an answer or explanation, you will find thousands of places claiming being able to free you from all of your tribulations. You name it, there is a book, a site, or a ‘guide’ that will give the answers you desperately need. Some of them are sincere, and honest.

My personal view is that you, and only you, hold the answer to all your questions and the solution to all of your troubles.

Instead of an advice on how to shape back your life, I will entertain you with this short story I heard a long time ago. I find it very befitting as we start this new year of 2013, which is a beginning of a new cycle in our evolution. And more so as we face this difficult period of global uncertainty, when we are exposed to so much suffering, misunderstanding and pain, this story has an even more poignant feel.

A young and successful executive was driving his new Jaguar down a street in a not so good neighborhood. Very proud of his new car, he drove carefully, watching for kids and incoming traffic. But this street seemed to be deserted.

As he passed a series of derelict cars parked on the other side of the street, he though he saw a kid and heard an odd bang. He slammed on the brakes and got out to see what it was. His car’s door had been hit by a brick! He backed the Jaguar to the spot where he thought the brick had been thrown.

The angry driver saw a young boy with big brown, worried eyes, starring at him. He got out, grabbed the kid by the arm and pulled him towards his car, while shouting “See what you did? That is a new car. Are you going to pay for it?”

With tears dripping down his face and off his chin, the young boy told him he was sorry but it was the only way. The boy pointed to a spot just around a parked car.

“Please Mister, please, I’m sorry but I didn’t know what else to do,” He pleaded.” I threw the brick because no one else would stop. It’s my brother,” he said “He rolled off the curb and fell out off his wheelchair and I can’t lift him up.”

The driver by now was more confused than angry.

Sobbing, the boy asked the stunned executive,

“Would you please help me get him back into his wheelchair? He’s hurt and he’s too heavy for me to lift.”

Moved beyond words, the driver tried to swallow the rapidly swelling lump in his throat. He gently lifted the handicapped boy back into the wheelchair, then took out his linen handkerchief and cleaned the boy’s scrapes and cuts. A quick second look told him everything was going to be okay.

“Thank you and may God bless you, Mister,” the grateful child told the stranger.

Almost in chock, the man simply watched the boy push his brother’s wheelchair down the sidewalk toward their home.

It was a long, slow walk back to the Jaguar. The damage was very noticeable, but right there, the driver decided not to repair the dented, side door. He would keep that damage to remind him of the message he saw in this act: “Don’t go through life so fast that someone has to throw a brick at you to get your attention!”

God whispers in our souls and speaks to our hearts. Sometimes when we don’t have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at us.

It’s our choice to listen or not.

God didn’t promise us days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

I hope you’ll let this thought sink in:

“If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.”

Have a great journey.

Ton Pascal

http://www.dreamyourlifepositively.com/

Ton Pascal is a self thought, self help advocate and author.
Being responsible for your thoughts and actions is what I call spirituality. My goal is to help as many people as possible to stop living on the periphery of life. Your thoughts and dreams will provide for you a rich, meaningful and abundant life; this is the Law of Attraction at work. It will enable you to create the map of your life’s journey. It is not just being alive that makes life worth living, but the depth and sense you bring to your life. http://bit.ly/7H6FAi

In response to tonpascal’s post:
Thank you TP, for another inspirational thread. respect love and blessings.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

a thread from 2013…

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content