login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Living up to your own expectations

I think this blog post by Scott Adams (creator of Dilbert) is a solid example of someone living up to their own expectations for themselves.

He applied for cartoonists art school (correspondence course) when he was 11. Seems like he always knew he’d become who he is today.

I recently saw an interview of country singer Taylor Swift who also seemed darn sure of who she’d become at a very early age. Her parents had nada to do with it other than staying out of the way. Taylor demanded music lessons and then when she was 10 she insisted on a trip to Nashville so Taylor could drop off demo CD’s at all the record companies’ receptionists. The parents stayed in the car — while Taylor marched in and told them they better sign her up while they still had the chance.

My point, regarding affirmations? We become who we say we are.

In response to AccidentalNote’s post:

Becoming who we think we are is a great topic…
…thanks for this thread…an added emphasis of gratitude and appreciation…(: Grateful and appreciative for this moment and for individuals who share such positive & helpful material. I am also grateful and appreciative when I find I am aware…able…to match up with who I am..what I have passion for..& feel/be that potential. And again, thanks for this thread(: As for myself..and I’m sure for many…it’s a vital subject.

* ** “ ♫ ♪ ♫☼ Song-What we love is what we become

• ** quote flowergirl contributed yesterday: “The authentic self is the soul made visible” Sarah Ban Breathnach

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

It is interesting as we grow our expectations for ourselves change – some we achieve ,others we release ,and others we still keep in our hearts

As a child I wanted to marry a farmer ( to save all the animals ! and live in a cosy farmhouse in the countryside )

Not yet acheived this but am a veggie

Then I wanted to work with children and become a Mum
achieved both of them

My latest is to somehow support women who are going through difficult/changing times and would like a womens circle online and maybe even around the world where they feel safe and supported .As us women come into our queen/crone years – 50 + we develop different needs,gifts and often a new spirituality or an old one awakens – all those hippies that wanted a world of love and peace are now reaching this age and there is so much we could aim for as a group .

An aim I have always had is to get a degree – one day I will even if I’m 100

GOALS ARE GOOD TO HAVE…EXPECTATIONS ARE NOT THE SAME AS GOALS.
I TRY TO KEEP EXPECTATIONS TO A MINIMUM,IN DOING SO I KEEP DISAPPOINTMENT MINIMAL.AND THE NEED TO RESPOND INAPPROPRIATELY TO DISAPPOINTMENT…an example of this happened recently in my personal life,with someone I expected to have more consideration for my expectations,but she didn,t follow my script or expectation.I could have reacted with anger and I did for a couple hrs…But thank god for text messaging,I was able to apoligize to her through a text,for my sake,and hers…Just when I Thought I knew it all.

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

lets go to a concert:“bowie”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hDbpF4Mvkw&feature=BFa&list=AL94UKMTqg-9DtYY-h3h3CL2eI1LkHmOgi

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content