login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Eckhart tolle? Any thoughts on him

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

Be present as the watcher of your mind — of your thoughts and emotions as well as your reactions in various situations. Be at least as interested in your reactions as in the situation or person that causes you to react. Notice also how often your attention is in the past or future. Don’t judge or analyze what you observe. Watch the thought, feel the emotion, observe the reaction. Don’t make a personal problem out of them. You will then feel something more powerful than any of those things that you observe: the still, observing presence itself behind the content of your mind, the silent watcher ☼ Eckart Tolle

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I agree that teachers,philosophers,students,gurus,etc.are conduits of source or higher consciousness.What I hear eckhart tolle saying among other things, is of course living in the now.Recently he said the past and the future,can be thought of and considered peripherally,but the present moment is of more signifigance.When he talks of space consciousness,I think he,s referring to a zen-like or meditative state of emptiness.That might confuse people to some degree,because he doesn,t quite explain that a person can still function at any task or combination of tasks,as they are living in the “now”.So both mindsets aren,t exclusive to each other.

I like Tolle. If you ran into him in a park somewhere and had a conversation with him I think you’d go “this guy is on something”, but if you read his books I think you’d get a lot out of them. This stuff makes me think of empiricism and rationalism.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

ya I know what your saying.He has a way of slowing things down.I don,t think he would make much money on the floor of the New York Stock Market.

I love him ,just watching and listening to him is so relaxing ,he must be the calmest person to sit with .There is a vulnerability and yet a strength about him .

For me he is a living example of how to live in the present ,he doesn’t just write or talk about it – and I think this is why he is so calm .

This interview is a great insight into men opening up .
Eckhart Tolle and Neale Donald Wasch

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content