login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Positive Slang

This thread is a link up to my previous one of “Kids at Heart” inregards to harsh words,

For so many years we have been used to hearing and even saying ourselves negitive slang words, and we all feel bad when these words come out of our mouths, some of the words I say makes me feel terrible, I dont like myself very much. So I thought similar to what Jeff has done for positive words about ourselves maybe if we list all the positive slang we use or could use to help us all wipe these words from existance. Upon others hearing us, such as our kids we will be able to make some really positive changes.

Wishing you all the very BEST of EVERYTHING Dee

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ok I will start off with one

Fudge
Fiddlesticks

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think this is an older one, but: “ishkabibble” and “cheese and crackers”. Before you furnished your examples, I was thinking “what would a “positive thinking” slang term be? Would it be like “persevere!”, “you go girl”, “what a challenging opportunity!” Oh well, it’s Friday of a looonnng week. I think I’ll have some wine with my cheese and crackers…

My favorite word when I want to use naughty ones with my kids is “PIFFLE!”. It gets out my frustration. It doesn’t have a meaning and my kids don’t learn any new colorful words. It is a lot more acceptable to have my kids get frustrated in public and use the word “Piffle” than other options!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I’ve been known to use “Firetruck” or “Fiddlesticks”
At work around the kids it often turns into something like “shhhhiiiiiver me timbers”

How about Shazaam!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Oh yeah Shazaam! Thats a cool one to say! I forgot about Shhhhiiiiver me timbers and Firetruck! The teachers at my little ones school use these as well. Piffle, Ishkabibble, Cheese and Crackers! I like the sound of those words, so cool too.

This is really neat hearing these positive slang words, thankyou so much for sharing, here is another one that can be said too “Oh Sugar”.

“Diddly Squat” is another one.

mother fuuuuuaaaaaaaather brother sister

hahahaha. Thank you for sharing that one aceofdiamonds :) Made me laugh.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

how about “shut the front door!”

frak

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Pure Essence’s post:

Hi Pure Essence,

I use son-of-a biscuit. It sounds delicious and not offensive.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content