login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Discuss Valuable Practical Real World Skills

This just crossed my mind and I didn’t see a thread for it. What real world skills can you think of that just about anyone could learn. I was reading “Making It All Work” by David Allen and something in there spurred this thought. If there weren’t too many distractions in your life and you could really concentrate what things would be worth learning that would have a very high return for pretty much anyone who invested a little time. I can think of several things related to both personal/social/psychological things and real world hands on physical things – stuff like better vocabulary/communication skills to tying knots to fixing a car to learning some valuable computer shortcuts/software/skills, ham radio, gardening, survival stuff – what comes to your mind? My mind keep turning to this lately. What are useful skills if it really hits the fan AND what are some useful skill even if it DOESN’T? I could see lots of new threads coming out of this if some of you would share your knowledge in your area of expertise.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I found this practical list.

Mechanic, Engine Repair

Welding

Blacksmithing

Firearms Repair, Ammo Reloading

Construction

Architect, Home Reinforcement

Agriculture, Farming Expertise, Seed Saving, Animal Care

Bee Keeping

Doctor, Medical Assistant

Veterinarian

Well Construction, Water Table Expertise

Engineer, Community Planning, Manufacturing, Electrical

Firearms Proficiency, Security, Self Defense Planning

Martial Arts Training

Wild Foods Expert

Hunting

Chemist

Sewing, Textiles

Soap Making, Candle Making, Hygiene Products

Small Appliance Repair

Electronics Repair

HAM Radio Expert

Homeschooling, Tutoring

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I would learn as many alternative therapies as possible to be able to help people heal as I believe more people will turn to natural healing.

The more healthy folks we have ,the more we can contribute and care for the ones who need it .

love flowergirl

I agree with flowergirl…“The more healthy folks we have ,the more we can contribute and care for the ones who need it”.

With whatever available resources one has …I’d use what I’ve learned to assist in what others generally back-burner…basic health [example:….healthy food-ideas, exercise, self talk,prayer & , simple meditation & relaxation-ideas, self hypnosis, blue mirror, energy healing….and ideas to assess daily health routines] so one can monitor their own progression and keep it as a top priority…even in the hardest times.

“The few things that work fantastically well should be identified, cultivated, nurtured, and multiplied.” — Richard Koch is a former management consultant,entrepreneur, and writer
“Get out of balance in one and you are likely to get out of balance in another. You can’t afford to start the cascade. Take all cautions and use all strategies to avoid this” Keith Garrett

great thread idea srwe!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content