login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★The Biblicist has joined

Fellow Affirmers,

Greetings from St. Lucia in the sunny Caribbean!

This is the best time of my life. I am receiving daily miracles. I am so happy to be associated with persons of like minds.

I began practising Affirmation from the tender age of 13. Now 52 years later, I have never stopped. I feel so blessed that I can’t stop sharing. I started a group to help my fellow human beings to develop themselves mentally and financially. Please visit my website at http://www.brainstorminggroup.webs.com

Together, we can do all things because He strengtheneth us!

Ed

Affirmations at age 13? Things only go up…..impressive.

Hi Ed~ Nice website. You certainly don’t look as old as you profess to be (if my math is correct… 13 plus 52 equals 65 years old). It looks like you are doing a world of good. What is a biblicist?

Bruce~ I am teaching my youngest children (ages 5, 8, 9) to do affirmations at their tender ages. I want them to firmly believe they create their life. If we start young, there is no stopping them when they are older!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Hi Ed,

Good to hear about other people spreading the word about affirmations. Welcome!

Mel

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
Hi MM – I’ve just reserved a book at my library aimed at teaching kids positive affirmations by L Hay, or it’s written for them to read I’m not sure yet. This author has been mentioned alot on this site so I’ll be happy to read some of her work.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

In response to Vivi is focused’s post:
I have seen lots of books lately related to children and affirmations. I own a children’s meditation book that incorporates affirmations and find with children 4-6 years it is really effective. I’m yet to buy a story style book but if you find a good one be sure to pass it on :)

You will love Louise Hay. Here are some excellent books for kids that related to affirmations:

I Think I Am – Louise Hay
Milton’s Secret – Eckhart Tolle
Unstoppable Me – Wayne Dyer
It’s Not What You’ve Got – Wayne Dyer
Incredible You – Wayne Dyer

My kids (ages 5, 8, 9) read them repeatedly (as well as I read to them) and they enjoy the illustrations. Heck, they are good messages for the adults, too!

It is never to early to start your children on the path to believing in themselves! Just imagine if you had these tools when you were there age!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Thank you for the list – I LOVE my public library and they respond to book requests if not already on the shelves. I’m gonna check out the online catalogue now.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

Hi Ed,

where abouts in the Carribean?

i’ve been to Cuba but i doubt you’d be using the internet right now if you came from there ;)

You know, when I bought these books, I ended up ordering 2 more copies each. I gave one set to the public library and I gave a 2nd set to the school library. I think the more people who have access, the better the world will be!! Peace…

Thanks for the info on those books! I will look them up and see if they are available here in Australia… excited cos my son is really into affirmations and believing the universe brings things to us.

Focus

To vivi!
More books:
The power of positive thinking – Norman Vincent Peale
The prophet – Kahlil Gibran
The key to living the law of attraction – Jack Canfield
You can heal your life – Louise Hay
The power of your subconscious mind – Joseph Murphy

Hope some of these will help you as they have helped me!

Thanks to the biblicist for starting a lovely thread.
Anoushka

A full and thankful heart..

In response to anoushka_f’s post:

Anoushka~ Do you read the poetry of Rumi?

In response to meditating mama.
Not read Rumi, but the name rings a bell – I may have come across this name. Will look it up! Thankyou.

A full and thankful heart..

He´s persian :-) and I love him, my favorit. We had to memorize many poems in school, but only one single one has stayed with me over the years, and that is by him.
It has recently been sung by an Iranian singer. This is one of those poems that is so powerful for me, that I have to cry everytime I hear it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oJZMzhBCZo

unfortunately I could not find a translation for it.
Ensanam Arezoost = Wish for mankind
….they said we searched but did not find …. he said I desire that what can not be found

…what a wonderful world….

In response to aftab’s post:

A good English Translation is done by Coleman Barks in his New Expanded Edition of “The Essential Rumi”.

I love his stuff… He is awesome!

In response to freygan’s post:
some of the titles by Wayne Dyer are in Phoenix Books in Glebe so I would expect them to be in Adyar too who do mail orders.

We’re talking books again! LOL. I love that “Essential Rumi” book, I had it years ago, but somehow it went walkabout. Want to get another copy. I also had an illustrated Rumi book, also by Coleman Barks – it was beautiful, but that went walkabout too, I hope they are in the same place keeping each other company!

In response to melt86’s post:

Thanks Mel :) I saw the Louise Hay kid’s book today, it looked great, but my energy wasn’t the best for looking at books. So tired, I think I have some weird bug.

Focus

In response to freygan’s post:

You know, with Rumi, sometimes I have to have my husband explain it to me. Sometimes there are some Islamic ideas that I don’t know the history or understand the background – and my husband is awesome at making it sensible for me. My husband likes to take Rumi’s poems and then read from an Eckhart Tolle or Wayne Dyer book and show me the similarities of their messages.

Of course, he has some pretty romantic poems that are very graphic! :) My husband likes those, too… ;)

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content