login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★What You Think of Me....1

• thread from 2012 with minor editing due to our wonderful new features...

What You Think of Me.....Is  None Of My Business(:How-would-your-life-be.jpg

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ FROM MAGICAL REFLECTIONS by HEATHER LUSZCZYKL

What would your life look like if you were literally unable to worry about other people’s opinions?

What a freedom that would be! You would live according to what you thought was beneficial for you and make decisions without second-guessing, over-analyzing, and shoulda-coulda-woulda-ing. You would no longer have any need for approval nor fear of disapproval.

The truth is, we don’t have any need for approval. Not truly. It is our egos that crave approval and fear disapproval. The mind loves to take things very personally and attempts to gain power through approval and disapproval games. When we separate ourselves from our ego, approval and disapproval have no value whatsoever. And nothing is taken personally

• ~

Here is a related video/thread- Matt Kahn

thread from 2012 -feel free to enjoy in present...with your favorites

37b81d8a6ce6063f924a1c6caad4e9f3--display-wise-words.jpg

4b5aa6edfb7b02f262849b3b5cd25a9e--tribe-quotes-quotes-quotes.jpg

Image result for haters remind you of weakness quoteinspirational-brene-brown-quotes-6-e1442363110193.jpg

Image result for haters remind you of weakness quote1*NssKKcYO2ZgjrKamsHznSg.jpeg

Image result for haters remind you of weakness quoteJoyce-Meyer-Quotes9.jpg

Joyce-Meyer-Quotes4.jpg

• RemarkablyWell˚
  • If-credit-needs-to-be.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

• POST 2
    “Don’t Take Anything Personally. Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.” ~ Don Miguel Ruiz

RESOURCES
Here are some questions to answer first as you choose the path of your personal truth by Laura Hess :

• ** * 1. What are the things you are doing in your life right now because you think you’re “supposed” to? How does it make you feel? What do you get from others to keep you doing those things?
  • ** * 2. How would your life be different if you did only things YOU wanted to?
  • ** * 3. How often do you hold your tongue and not speak your truth? Why?
  • ** * 4. What things do you love doing that you’re not? Why aren’t you?
  • ** * 5. What are the little things (and big things) you do, or don’t do, to make somebody else happy? Which of those things are not “right” for you?
  • ~~~~~~~~~~
  • ** * I really like this video, in regard to choices of what we say to ourselves repetitively/affirmations:
  • ** * Repetitive Thought=Affirmations

* ** * “ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ WHAT YOU THINK OF ME IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS by Laura Hess*
I first heard this spoken by Wayne Dyer. I now trust the message – be true to yourself and stop living to please other people. It’s the only way we can be truly contented in our lives. Still, when I first heard it, I didn’t integrate it into my life. I worried how others might respond to my choices, decisions and behaviors. I lived with the desire to have others approve of me. I struggled. Last month the message was brought back into my consciousness and it was time to pay attention!
( Afterall, when we have a lesson presented to us, we can either pay attention or ignore it.
If we ignore it, it gets bigger,louder and, often,more painful. )

My old pattern was to be very attentive to what others said about me. Am I good enough, smart enough, successful enough? Do they agree with me? Do they think less of me when I speak up? All this was motivated by things and people outside myself, making me and my responses unpredictable and dependent on my audience. I set myself up to fail in my relationships and my life; there is absolutely no way to satisfy every person. Somewhere, somebody will not like my actions or choices — even the people closest to me!

It’s a losing situation to be constantly striving for approval based on other people’s standards and expectations. I’m sure you’ve experienced this, too. We’re not different in this. It does feel good to get acknowledgment and approval from another being. The problem comes when acknowledgment is the motivating force of your life.

What is more important for you and me in living happy and productive lives is to have the approval of ourselves! This is not the first time you’ve heard this message from me. As I continue to grow more into my own truth and let go of the need for outside approval, everything in my life changes. I promise this will be true for you, too.

I’m not suggesting living for yourself is the easiest choice. The opposite is probably more true. In the beginning, especially, it is one of the most difficult paths to walk. It is so contrary to how most of us were raised — to care more about what I think than what my neighbor thinks. (…or my boss, wife, husband,…) To be selfish in a healthy way, getting your needs met, is a way of thinking many people won’t understand. Unless you are willing to pay attention to your truth and live your life accordingly, you will be playing to a fickle audience who can and will turn on you at a moments noticeas soon as you do or say something they don’t like. It’s a no-win situation!

Instead, you can choose self-love, self-care and living your truth. Then it really won’t matter what other people think. You will trust your own actions and choices and know they are the right ones for you in your life. You will be living your life according to your own rules and standards. Yes, some people won’t like it and will probably leave your life — they are the fickle ones. Others will honor you and the truth you live, understanding that putting yourself first is necessary if you’re going to be available to them on a deeper level. As you put this into practice, you will believe more and more that what other people think about you is none of your business.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to SelfcareEnthusiast’s post:

These are questions I really need to ask myself in some depth ,they are a very timely reminder ,thanks Self care

In response to flowergirl’s post:
Ya know flowergirl, I believe that is why affirmations are so helpful…so we can ask the questions, and answer them…to be less conflicted with the opinions of others. And yes…I too believe the questions are helpful no matter what point of the continuum we are on…occasional need to recaliberate or the beginnings of selfcare(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

“ you choose the path of your personal truth” these are very empowering ,beautiful words .

Reading my affirmations I sometimes think ,“yes that is the person I’m going to become “

Reading these questions made me think “ why am I holding myself back “

• Do Good Anyway

People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered; Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, People may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway. If you are successful, You will win some false friends and some true enemies; Succeed anyway. If you are honest and frank, People may cheat you; Be honest and frank anyway. What you spend a year building, Someone could destroy overnight; Build anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, They may be jealous; Be happy anyway. The good you do today, People will often forget tomorrow; Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have, And it may never be enough; Give the world the best you’ve got anyway. You see, in the final analysis, It is between you and God; It was never between you and them anyway. – Mother Teresa

thread created in 2012.... freshening it up a bit 

f73b27fd496dcdddfd0dbbfd46aa25b8--the-club-airplane.jpg

4b876208a1d3cf3b6bcab1f70f20f8bf--self-esteem-quotes-body-image-self-love-quotes-woman-body-images.jpg663c500d2ec0fa6a4647573d53ae73de--body-image-quotes-woman-body.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to SelfcareEnthusiast’s post:

Great info Laurie I have always loved that phrase it really rings true for all of us. I was just thinking what would my life be like if I let people do and say what they want and didn’t feel bad about it? I have the power to let it hurt me or not. Why is it so important that they need to find me a person of value? It’s about me and how I feel about myself and I have the power to change that.

In response to Godscreation's post:

so true Godscreation...

your post reminded me of these(:

blessings Godscreation!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyjEfNSEgBr4YkTxMyZ-v0n9vXvTPl5u4a3M0ehEojOSF9DceA_AImage result for the soulful life fully rested pic quoteRelated image

“The people who receive the most approval in life are the ones who care the least about it–so technically, if you want the approval of others, you need to stop caring about it.”- WAYNE W. DYERYour Ultimate Calling

osho-quotes-greatest-fear.jpgDlxHHLnU8AEnt0L.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

When we are allowing ourselves to come from the love we are...

doing the best we can and ongoing growth

and living in the moment...

wonderful possibilities are always present.

Can you imagine how messed up it would be

if our energy was constantly influenced negatively by whatever way the wind blows?

I love how allowing our energy to be in sync with our harmony ... allows for more harmony 

and

we can start over as often as we 

like(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

In response to L.O.V.E's post:

I know I keep saying- so true with the wonderful quotes you've been sharing... though facts are facts (:

I love it when this understanding ... started to truly become more and more part of 'everything' 3431760926?profile=RESIZE_710x 

I sometimes  team with others- even though in essence we are somehow working independently(:

And just yesterday I was involved in a big project... and the creating part was still in full swing... and while  I was mostly responsible for the project's  outcome... and the creating of it...another individual   was kind enough to assist -and placed something in an area which in many ways was opposite of  the energy/direction I was creating.

I commented kindly...on where I was going with things because the thing we were doing was just about' to be showtime' 

And because I felt differently than this person... the individual...said, 'well guess I just won't help then.

And very matter of fact.. I stated... it is ok for us to have different perspectives and still discuss and create together.I stood back and heard myself, and was so pleased ... with the ease in which it took to convey this to someone that often says these kinds of things ... when in a mood 

I detached from the result, and just shared as I needed.

All was well. 

I am so grateful for 'coming home'

Thank you again L.O.V.E. for sharing this quote today.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to ˚WonderfulWellness~selfcare's post: In response to L.O.V.E's post

Creativity and the energy in which it comes from is inspired.

When 'you' are coming from your authentic heart place...and allow energy to continue from that place-we remain aligned with our Higher Place... Love... Inner Spark, God....

When we come from this place-we don't give our Loving Power away. 

It can't be taken away.

It is who we are.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Butterfly's post: In response to Butterfly's post: In response to ˚Well~selfcare's post

f71f81654019478f4e5d4abe87fe25bd.jpg

I am not a fan of sarcasm or rudeness.. so I thought I'd comment on why I love this quote(:

It takes time and desire for people to get to know you, and even then its not always possible... no matter how genuine you share, love or care.

Though, it is my heartfelt belief... keep living from your heart... and those who care to know you will get a sense of what truly matters to you... and what is meant to be understood by those who are meant to understand will be right there ... asking questions for clarification...

or somehow

just feel the good you are,

they are...

and it all is(:

d7bec24c8f52a30163c0f8df73d59d92.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content